Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
cudo Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hi,

when trying to save a song in mp3 format (export)
the following message apears:

"The driving software does not support the transformation". This is a translation from german, sorry.

What am I doing wrong?

R
R
I had the same message. I had success exporting as .m4a...cheers!

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

Hi,

when trying to save a song in mp3 format (export)
the following message apears:

"The driving software does not support the transformation". This is a translation from german, sorry.

What am I doing wrong?

It probably indicates that you don't have a codec installed for the making of mp3 files.

The very best encoder is likely the LAME encoder and is free.

http://lame.sourceforge.net/

All directions for downloading and installing are there as well, be sure to read them and get the right download to match your system, etc. and follow their installation instructions.

--Mac

cudo Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast

Hi Mac,

I downloaded the Lame.exe and double-clicked it. It did not show any reaction. Something must be wrong.
Again, exporting via mp3, BiaB says "Driver cannot do the requested conversion."

Hi rickpitts,

When exporting in "m4a" format it says "Quicktime for Windows not installed".
Is it really necessary to install Quicktime?

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
To utilize the m4a compression, yes, Quicktime must be installed.

But if you are after the mp3 file conversion, Quicktime can't do that.

I can't say what happened when you tried to install the LAME encoder, you should return to the same website and see if the FAQs can help you solve what happened.

What is your computer OS? It may be that you downloaded a file for installing LAME to a different Operating System than the one you are running. Don't know if they are using separate installers or not along those lines.

The LAME website is where I'd go to find out what to do at this point, so you should go there and try to find out. Maybe there is a forum, maybe you can contact the developers as well, but first you should examine the information there and try to find out what is not right about what you have already tried.

--Mac

Veteran
Veteran
I believe the Lame encoder is simply a .dll type file. I believe it just needs to be included in the folder which does the mp3 conversion?

I installed it to "my documents" and then copied it from there. Drag and drop will probably work as well. You just need to know the target folder to put it in, so when the conversion looks for it, it will find it.

Good luck.

The Lame Encoder works great, btw.

Trax

A
Journeyman
Journeyman
A
Too funny that any product would be named "Lame"

(-:

Jim

cudo Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hi Mac,

my OS is Win7. On the Web-Side of Lame it says "LAME is only distribued in source code form."
So I am just a musician and no computer-spezialist. It is impossible for me to know where to copy what file or to write any source code or what ever.

I phoned to the german assistence of BiaB and they said it is not possible to save as mp3. But what for is the entry in BiaB "save as mp3"? The Tutorial of BiaB did not help me neather. I searched the whole tutorial for "export" "mp3" "new features". Nothing.

"Saving as mp3" was one of the highlights for me to get the 2013 update. Now I´m a little disappointed that there is no solution for this feature.

Veteran
Veteran
Herr cudo, that response from Support sounds incorrect. I export to mp3 every day, as the drop-down says.

Quote:

I phoned to the german assistence of BiaB and they said it is not possible to save as mp3

Surely they misunderstood your problem. I would call back or, better yet, email the Main Support folks in Canada. They definitely have both canoe paddles in the water.

I'm interested to know what THEY tell you. Please post back with the solution. I didn't have to install LAME encoder.

Veteran
Veteran
Hi cudo,

I have BIAB 2013 and it saves to mp3 without and issue. I'm not quite sure what particular thing causes it to save.

Two things I always install on my computer are K-Lite Codecs and VLC Player which also installs a heap of codecs. I'm not sure if these played any part in giving me the proper files I needed. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't.

As Don suggests above, it would be worthwhile contacting Support by email (if spoken English is harder for you to work with). In that email, mention K-Lite and VLC Player and ask if these will give you the codecs needed.

Note, if you do install the above programs, say "No" or deactivate the checkbox that installs additional third party software that seems to come with freeware these days. Also, both programs will set themselves as the default player in place of Windows Media Player. To avoid this, simply choose not to have them as default during the install.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
Cudo,

Another program that I just remembered I installed was Fre:ac (Free Audio Converter). I prefer to use this program to create mp3s from wav files. This program installs Lame as part of its requirements.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
Here's another approach.

I tried this, knowing it shouldn't work because I don't have any MP3 codec on this computer. The message I got told me I needed to use the DXi checkbox to be able to render the song.

Do you have the DXi checkbox on?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

Here's another approach.

I tried this, knowing it shouldn't work because I don't have any MP3 codec on this computer. The message I got told me I needed to use the DXi checkbox to be able to render the song.

Do you have the DXi checkbox on?

Matt brings up a very good point.

Direct Rendering can only be done through a DXi MIDI synth in Band in a Box.

The command he refers to is found under the Band in a Box Options menu, "MIDI/Audio..." and is found in that window on the lower RH side, above the Help button. "Use DXi" MUST be checked as true in order to automatically Render *any* audio file.

--Mac

cudo Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hi everybody,

thank you all for your help.

Yesterday I did write an Email to PG Music Costumer support. Today, sunday!, I recieved an answer which says: "The ability to create MP3 files from within Band-in-a-Box depends on you already having an MP3 codec installed on your computer, which we don't provide. Downloading and installing an MP3 codec would solve your problem."

I downloaded a "Windows 7 Codecs package" but it says I had to deinstall all codec related programs before which was only 1 (the Lame.) Installing this program which is called Win7_codecs_v404.exe. resolved the problem.

I don´t really understand why it is working now, but I am very glad it does work!!! :-))

Thanks for all the help!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,777
Posts737,272
Members38,581
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Harlow Davis, limelitevibe, Myra Millan, Nickolas, philou33
38,581 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185