Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
C
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
C
Maybe this was already well-known, but the IPhone version of BIAB has been updated. Just tried it out..... Pulled in and played files from Dropbox. This is so much easier.....and sounds fantastic thru good speakers/amp. Love it!!
Cecil

P.S. Matt, what's your opinion?

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Just learned it from you; thanks Cecil.

One of the features of iOS 7 is that you don't have to update all your apps manually. The bad news is that you no longer know about updates you might be looking for.

Will try it tomorrow.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Just to clarify, there are two BIAB apps. Technically, the "remote" is the one that was not updated. The "regular" one, BIAB for iPhone, was updated Dec. 4.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
C
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
C
Yep, I referenced the wrong name....thanks, Matt.

E
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
E
Are there instructions posted anywhere on how to use the Dropbox feature? I use the BIAB app all the time, and also am a heavy Dropbox user. It seems like a much more convenient way to download BIAB files to my phone.

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I have not yet found instructions for using Dropbox.

Expert
Expert
Hi,

I just tried to download the update and was informed it was not supported by my Ios 5 iPod Touch.

Ah well that is a pity.

George

Windows 11 64 bit, Biab 2023 1006, Realband 2023 (1)
i7 Desktop Computer 16Gb Memory

M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M
Although it isn't the remore control version, I think it still correct that the OP titled this Remote BIAB. Because it operates desktop BIAB remotely over the internet.

I find the app pretty useless, honestly. What if one is in an airplane, with no internet connection?

I would like to see BIAB develop a real portable version (BIYP--Band In Your Phone, or Band In Your Pants? ;-) ). In other words, which works on an IOS or Android device without needing any connection to the desktop. Smartphone and tablet processors are quite powerful now (even some quad core now!)and could certainly handle it.

The only thing that would have to be dropped is RealTracks/RealDrums, as these devices do not have enough storage for that, even with a larger memory card. Of coures though, the new MIDI SuperTracks could be used. Probably good if a good GM MIDI synth was built into the program. (Of course then, a file created in the portable version could later be transferred to one's desktop version, and then RealTracks added.)

There already are auto-accompaniment programs for portable devices. The best I have found is IRealB, now renamed IReal Pro, available on both IOS and Android. However, it isn't nearly as good as BIAB, and I think Android and IOS versions of BIAB would be much better.

Some people these days are using IOS and Android tablets and smartphones much more than desktops and laptops running Windows and Mac. I think if PG Music wants to keep up with that trend, it should create real portable versions of BIAB. The current "portable BIAB", which really is only a way to control desktop BIAB remotely, does not really fit that need.

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Originally Posted By: maiki
Although it isn't the remore control version, I think it still correct that the OP titled this Remote BIAB. Because it operates desktop BIAB remotely over the internet.

Not anymore.

The new app can also access bb songfiles placed into Dropbox, which is free.

This means you no longer have to keep a computer up and running and connected to the internet at home in order to use the BB App out somewhere.

You can also do more things from the App than previously.

Check it out on the homepage.

--Mac

C
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
C
I guess I "jumped the gun" a little on the regular IPhone regular Remote connect via Dropbox. I actually tried a couple BIAB tunes successfully sometime ago. Now I cannot seem to get this thing to work. I have bunches of BIAB tunes out on Dropbox; in fact, they're in mp4 format, but they will not download to the regular Remote connect for playing. Anyone had success with this.....if so, clue me in pleassseeee!! I'm eager to use this as soon as possible. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but I've tried about every combination of things to this point.....how it worked the first time (although this was a "couple minutes" test initially), I have no idea and cannot seem to repeat.

Thanks in advance,
Cecil

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
No resolution yet, but Peter has been on this thread that sounds like the same problem:

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=226353#Post226353

C
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
C
Thanks, Mac.....I had not noticed that thread. I'll try what Peter indicated should work and see if it works for me.

Cecil

C
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
C
Tried it (using the info in the referenced thread)....it did not work. I posted this info in the referenced thread also. We'll keep trying til this is "laid to rest".

Cecil

E
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
E
Originally Posted By: Mac
Originally Posted By: maiki

Not anymore.

The new app can also access bb songfiles placed into Dropbox, which is free.

This means you no longer have to keep a computer up and running and connected to the internet at home in order to use the BB App out somewhere.

You can also do more things from the App than previously.

Check it out on the homepage.

--Mac

The Dropbox integration is nice. However, you do need to have a computer up and running with BIAB Server in order to generate the backing track. So I'm not sure what the Dropbox feature really buys you, since the BIAB Server is still required.

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Originally Posted By: elkayem

The Dropbox integration is nice. However, you do need to have a computer up and running with BIAB Server in order to generate the backing track. So I'm not sure what the Dropbox feature really buys you, since the BIAB Server is still required.

What it buys you is that you would no longer have to leave your own computer running and connected to the Internet in order to access your songfiles when out and about, once you have uploaded them to the dropbox server.

--Mac

C
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
C
I was determined to not bring the IPhone Remote discussion back up again until I got it to work.....BUT it hasn't happened. I used the approach that Peter indicated in the following thread

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=225742#Post225742

and that was problematic (for me anyway) as well. I actually did manage to get about 5 tunes to play properly (in the IPhone regular Remote) that were resident in Dropbox but I cannot explain why these 5 did but other did not. I carefully used the BB2GO to generate the mp4 files and copied them to Dropbox (both, the SGU and the associated mp4 files). Most are sitting there in Dropbox but won't play.

Has anyone discovered a more extensive "documented" discussion about how to do this so it will work? I'm super eager to get this solved.

Thanks in advance,
Cecil

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Forgive if this seems dumb, and since I don't have an iPhone with which to experiment, but I do use Dropbox for other things and sometimes I forget to tell Dropbox to share a certain file and can't access it when away from my own puter or logged into the account. That's done from right inside the Dropbox folder on your bb computer, Rightclick on the file, there's a menu with one of the entries being, "Share Dropbox Link" you may want to check the files that won't load to see if they are really in Share status.

HTH,

--Mac

C
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
C
Mac,
Thanks.....I just now found your suggestion; this is final exam week, so I've been all "back-end and elbows" trying to handle all of what that entails today (and this week) here at the university.

I'll carefully check out what you've suggested. Incidentally, I did finally get this to work (your suggestion might make it easier, I'll know later this evening) as follows: I used the conversion (to mp4 files) procedure residing in the BB2GO window, then dropped these files into Dropbox (along with their associated BIAB files as Peter indicated in another thread), then downloaded them from Dropbox into the IPhone Remote app, and, finally, by selecting one tune at a time and doing a "save" while inside the app, it could then be played (and this had to be done only once for each tune.....I have not succeeded in getting this to be done globally inside the app for some reason). This process worked every time, so the initial notion I had about just dumping the appropriate files to Dropbox and connecting the IPhone Remote app to Dropbox was not enough in order to play the tunes immediately....currently it's a one tune at a time process (again, it only has to be done once....they're there and ready for play from then on....just hoping there's a way to do this one time thing globally).

I'm sure PGMusic will create a YouTube video (or a tutorial video) regarding the optimal way to do this (can't wait) sometime soon.

Thanks again, Mac...always appreciate your suggestions,
Cecil

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,662
Posts735,546
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173