Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
RealBand
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice

I was doing some recording tonight and RealBand shut down a couple times and then the audio was stuck in a glitch repeating
itself for about a 5 second part. I had to reboot both times.

I do have about 16Gb of ram. Pretty fast processor. Does anyone else have that problem? Other than that I was liking working with RealBand. I should have plenty of resources for it. I don't know why it would do that when I just had a karaoke track on one of the tracks and the other I was recording vocals. So I didn't have a lot going on.

Then the ASIO setting changed a couple times. The input I had set changed. I find this out after I record vocals and then there is no audio. Anyway I hope it improves because I like how we can import RealTracks in this and other DAW's don't have that. I am liking RealBand otherwise. But if this continues I might have to use a different DAW that might not do this to me. I will just have to go without the importing of RealTracks. I believe that will a very nice feature to have when I start using it more.

RealBand
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Could be that it is time to Consolidate Track(s) that have been edited.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Sly, I started out trying to follow your efforts but things change so fast there I can't keep up.
No, of course what you describe is not a common behavior.

Is there a need for using ASIO? Can MME be used to see if it is a driver issue? ASIO is a one trick pony and a one master dog .. if it changed it's because something in your system changed it. Like Windows, or Media Player, or the Roland device or who knows what else may have priority.

Which sound device are you using when this happens.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Sly you remind me off a guy of the street that walks into a dealership and buys a $100,000 race car, to take his driving test.

I mean absolutely no disrespect, but i think you are so far ahead of yourself you don't left from right. This is why i advised you to slow down in the beginning. You have $1,500 worth of gear and no experience in how it works, what it does, and where to take it.

I suggest you take a breath, and try to work through how all this goes together. Realband is a very complex creature, but when setup properly it is rock solid. I will say it is a tad more glitchey that a typical DAW, because of all that it does. I give as an example of "Solidrocks" post recently he was having difficulty with the long delay between getting the audio loop window to open, and being able to select a loop and place it. He was right it does take a long time to do this. Peter explained that RB has to access and open the BiaB engine, and it take a few moments. When you access a loop in say Sony's acid loop access and time stretch is all that it does, and all it was built for, so that is it's prime objective. With RB it time/tempo stretches loops, Realtracks, real drums, and audio opens the BiaB engine to do generation of all of this.

Learn the basics before you launch into a full assault of a project. Start with this, what is your setting on your ASIO device? sample rate, etc. How are you setting up to record? When you open the options window what inputs are selected? I suggest a simple start. Your Roland device is complicated. Get help from Roland to set it up, Call PG and have a tech walk you through the setup of the sound inputs and such, sample and bit rates, and such.

We all want you to be successful believe me, but you have to do the work to get the results. My gosh, the hours i put into this testing, tweaking, reading, learning, asking question, failing, re-trying. Losing a file, Re-recording a file. ASking more questions, reading more information watching videos, cursing the screen. You get it.

You try to record, and have issues, and want to toss your hands up and jump to another DAW, trust me if you can't tame RB, other DAWs will be a problem as well. They may behave on the simple stuff, but wait till you have a 25 track count song going, with a gazzillion effects and busses and the other DAW takes a dump on you and you lose a whole song with countless hours of work. Guess what? it happens all the time, read the forums, and learn. But do not buy the propaganda, or drink the cool aid all DAWs will break your heart a few times. Get your setup right and keep it simple at first.

I have had Reaper crash during a session, Sonar crashed and dumped the whole project, RB has screwed me a time or two, they all do. Every one of them has a bug or three, it is the bain of software. anyway get on line or the phone today and get help with PG to get RB working properly , and by all means slow down a tad, get it right now and it will get a lot easier later.

Last edited by Robh; 12/31/13 11:08 AM.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
RealBand
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Well you can say I have no experience. Paint me as inept that is fine. But that didn't cause 3 glitches last night. Also there is nothing to consolidate with my tracks all it is is a karaoke track, and my vocal track. I know you guys don't want negative posts on the product. I like RealBand. It doesn't take a master recording engineer to import one karaoke track and record vocals on the other track. I was having fun recording. My vocals were turning out nice. I hit a couple songs where they sounded very good. I was working on the punch it but decided just cut out the bad part from the first vocal track and record another one. I will work on that punch in feature.

So anyway whatever you guys say. If I try Pro Tools or Cubase who knows if they will shut down when I am recording. But like I said I have only two tracks going. I have 16gb of ram and a fast processor and my system never does that. But I know recording takes a lot of memory. It this doesn't happen to others often then who knows it just doesn't like my system I guess. Right now I am going to record another demo. These are not original BiaB productions. Just want to record vocals with some of my favorite Great American Song Book songs.

Nobody needs to follow me and to help me consistently with questions. On occasion if I do have one and you have something to interject or to help out great. Also that ASIO thing has nothing to do with the memory issue. I just recorded a few songs today and it didn't do it. So hopefully it won't do it anymore and my system had a bad night with three of them last night. I reboot multiple times so it should have freshened it all up. I know it takes a lot of memory sometimes. But it was just two tracks. Karaoke and Vocals. But if everyone else's computer handles it well then who knows. I might have the same issues with Cubase or whatever else I try. Even though I have 16Gb of ram. Maybe I will build a new system later. I like RealBand. I am feeling comfortable with it.

Last edited by Sly Ruby; 12/31/13 06:07 PM.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Sly, in his defense, I don't really think Robh indicated ever that you were inept. He was just trying to articulate that small steps sometimes help to make better big ones, and he substantiated this by his own experiences.

Believe me, everyone in this forum wants to see everyone else (including you) be absolutely successful.

The problem might not be Real Band directly, but some other setup or configuration that introduces a conflict of some sort.

When the RB program shut down, was there any on screen message? Is there any other information you can provide, including any events in the Windows Event Log? This could help both you, and others, to determine how to workaround/resolve etc.

But as you can see, saying that Real band shut down, and providing no additional information (even saying that none was available if this was the case) gives other more experienced users little to work with to help you resolve.

It can really help if you list what are your setups, what drivers you use, what internal or external devices you use, is any Midi data involved? What are your midi devices, etc.

You mentioned that the ASIO settings changed a couple of times. You said that the input you had set changed. These changed from what to what?

Hope you get this resolved quickly

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Sly if what i said offended you i apologize, I am trying to help. As VT said this is process, and we all have issues at times. I am wrestling RB myself this morning and it is winning at the moment. I don't mind folks pointing out issues, but just saying i have 16 gigs of ram so it is RB's fault is not correct, you could have 160 gigs of ram, and if you have a setting wrong in the audio/midi setup it will crash on you. I have had every program i own crash once in a while. If the system crashed with two simple audio tracks, that tells me even more it is a setup issue. adding ram, building a new system, changing DAWs, none of this beats a patient approach to setup, and learning.

On a side note i spend about 5 years helping folks setup cakewalk Music creator at their forum, and i watched new folks come in in droves and struggle and blast the software, and in the end it was always, always i will repeat setup issues. Herb Hartley (aka Guitarhacker) can atest to this, he was there with me. I can't count the times i even got online and mirrored someones computer to help fix things.

I sit here this morning fighting a darned corrupted file! that is one you will have someday sooner or later doing this, and dagnabit, it is one of RB's worst faults to my mind. But i have to realize that if Cubase/reaper/sonar did all the things RB does in it's generation process it would crap out as well sometimes.

Don't get frustrated, it won't help, and did you actually call support and get some advice on the setup?

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,660
Posts735,521
Members38,528
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
gman97040, kadju, theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track
38,527 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173