Page 1 of 2 1 2
#238141 02/01/14 09:01 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
T
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
T
Ive just looked at the comments site regarding BIAB and was amazed that some gave it one star even no stars..Now I gave it 4.5 because the extra I have to pay UPS but BIAB is brilliant.HOW can someone review it as no better than a Casio keyboard !!.Ive got a small recording sudio for my songwriting and listen to BIAB on my active monitors and its superb even some of my friends from Rockfield studios were impressed.Im afrad if I owned PG Music I would delete those UNFAIR comments as any new user looking at it might ignore the 4\5 stars and believe those stupid comments..well thats my rant for today

AMD Athlon 7550 dual core
processor 2.51 ghz
1 87 gb ram
windows 7 Ultimate
yamaha rev 500 effects
tacam DP-24 DAW
Samson Resolv NF monitors
Yamaha PSR-620 Keyboard
Fender semi accoustic guitar
tributeman #238146 02/01/14 09:19 AM
Veteran
Veteran
As a longtime professor, I can tell you no matter how many times you explain "5 is best" on a scale of 1 to 5, someone will put 1 thinking 1 is best. Zero is harder to explain, though. Oh, well.

A reason some think BIAB is not useful is that they don't understand its purpose, and think it can do real-time arranging of one-key playing like a Casio attempts to do. This shows up in the Wishlist periodically.

I'm with you. BIAB is wonderful!

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
tributeman #238150 02/01/14 09:26 AM
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Originally Posted By: tributeman
...if I owned PG Music I would delete those UNFAIR comments as any new user looking at it might ignore the 4\5 stars and believe those stupid comments..well thats my rant for today

Maybe PG isn't so insecure as to resort to such.

--Mac

tributeman #238161 02/01/14 11:34 AM
J
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
J
It doesn't matter what subject or product you are talking about some people just like to be jerks about ratings. I've seen people rate products and rave about them then give them 1 star? As far as biab box goes you can't get more bang for you buck anywhere. If it wasn't for biab I wouldn't have been able to gig for a living successfully for about 10 years. I mean no day job. The only reason I got a day job again now is because of the economy. But things are slowly turning around. Even if I don't go back to playing full time, biab definitely adds a few bucks to my pocket every month thanks to the gig money.

Dell Studio 16 Laptop i7 with 256 gig SSD
BIAB, Reaper, Encore, Sibelius
Roland SD-50
tributeman #238164 02/01/14 11:42 AM
Veteran
Veteran
BIAB rated on a scale of 1-5?

20. grin

tributeman #238165 02/01/14 11:43 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Its also possible to get focused on making a comment and completely miss the part of the form where you rate the product.. in which case, I suppose it defaults to zero.

I know I did that once... and there's no way to change it once you submit. I'd be inclined to think that most, if not all, of the low scores are because of what Matt said or because of neglecting to rate it at all.

I have yet to meet the person who has been exposed to PGMusic products and walked away feeling any way other than totally blown away!

tributeman #238166 02/01/14 11:48 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
if I owned PG Music I would delete those UNFAIR comments as any new user looking at it might ignore the 4\5 stars and believe those stupid comments..

sometimes when you let prospective customers read the crazy reasons some people complain, it actually becomes a selling point.

"WHAT??? they complained about THAT?? Man, if that's the worst problem this product has, it must be AWESOME!"

And it is. (Awesome)

Last edited by Pat Marr; 02/01/14 11:48 AM.
tributeman #238173 02/01/14 12:31 PM
Veteran
Veteran
To paraphrase - You can please most of the people most of the time but not ALL of the people any of the time.
I think its awesome too.
Just wish PG would get their finger out and get BB for Mac updated to 2014. I have a Customer for them, with money burning a hole in his pocket just waiting for the release.
Ian

ps - not me- I've got my BB2014 and my lovely old XP, thanks

Last edited by sixchannel; 02/01/14 12:32 PM.

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
tributeman #238179 02/01/14 01:12 PM
Veteran
Veteran
What comments site are you referring to?

I have chatted with a few people who gave BiaB low marks. In every case, they do not understand what BiaB is intended to do. This is sort of understandable, since there is no other software or hardware to compare it to...

Flatfoot sez: Call me when 'Talent-in-a-Box' is ready to ship! -- [8{>

Got some tunes on You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/flatfoot50
My BiaB lesson site:
http://jdwolfe0.wixsite.com/learnbiab
tributeman #238191 02/01/14 03:10 PM
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B
Well, I always look at the negative comments as well as the positive ones.
I want to see if the negative comments seem reasonable.
Many times it's obvious they don't know what they're doing, or they were expecting something else altogether and are disappointed that this isn't it.
Also, there are sometimes tips in the reviews that can help overcome what seems like a problem.

But by this time, I think BiaB has enough reputation to overcome any negative comments.

Boyd
Win10 - 16GB-RAM - BiaB 2019 - Mixbus 4 - Slate Bundle - Komplete 10 - Ozone 8 - Neutron 2 - Waves Gold
Ample Sound Guitars & Basses - Pianoteq 6 - SSD5 - SD3 - JamStix 4 - Omnisphere - UVI Falcon - EastWest Play
Sonarworks Reference 4 -
90 dB #238219 02/01/14 04:44 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
BIAB rated on a scale of 1-5?

20. grin

humm.... I always thought it went to 11.... at least.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
tributeman #238434 02/03/14 05:00 AM
T
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
T
My point isnt that someone can by mistake not rate it but Im talking about stupid comments like "no better than a Casio keyboard" the comments are on this site take a look it isnt just the odd one or two one guy even professed to be a producer!I think PG should come back at the UNFAIR comments (Ive seen it done with other companies) and ask them to justify their comments.

processor 2.51 ghz
1 87 gb ram
windows 7 Ultimate
yamaha rev 500 effects
tacam DP-24 DAW
Yamaha PSR-620 Keyboard
tributeman #238436 02/03/14 05:10 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Your points are on board with us. But anybody studying products with any seriousness ought to be able to filter out nonsense vs genuine comments. I mean, what sort of dimwit would compare it to a Casio keyboard?

Yes, PG could selectively remove criticism, but the weight of support and positive feedback soon outweighs the know-all's who obviously know nothing.

I'm sure PGM reviews all comments. They're just sitting back and letting everyone have their say. After all, there's nothing more that they need to prove.

My 2 cents

Trev

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
tributeman #238442 02/03/14 07:23 AM
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Censorship is never a good answer.

--Mac

tributeman #238445 02/03/14 07:52 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Analyzing some of the “negative” comments, there seems to be a common thread running through them.

Posted by John
Ever sorry i bought this program, thought the realtracks would be great but they sound so cheap!!!

Posted by John
Not recomended very poor sounding real tracks

Posted by Eddie Hughes
Audiophile 2012.5 to Audiophile 2013 Upgrade for $199 ??? I only bought my Audiophile 2012.5 3 months ago. The guys in PG are obviously trying to out do Bill Gates.

Posted by Dick
Realtracks sound quality = fair
Midi sound quality = poor 
Such a pity for that, otherwise not a bad progam

Posted by Bob
After all the critic i wonder, how much longer will Biab continue producing poor quality realtracks and midi

Posted by Mr Pro
Sound quality with Realtracks seems to be a big problem. 
Midi files I will not even mention

Posted by Jim
I am very dissapointed, what more can one say?

Posted by Peter Cunne
Real tracks sound awful and flat,The Yamaha keyboard Psr 710 sounds much better, this is a better option for sure!

Posted by Jack Simonds
band in a box sounds like a cheap casio piano

Posted by Niel
It sound as if, when they recorded the Realtracks, they used a cheap Tape Recorder!

Posted by Dave
Sounds so cheap it hurts my ears! Tried to get my money back but they refused. I was after the 30 day period. It takes 30 days to get anything working.. so bad

Posted by Yvonne Rawcliffe
Dont buy it!!! This is grossly overpriced software for what it does. I paid £500 plus and then was hit with£101.60 import tax. This has to be the most expensive software ever! The ordering process is confusing and complicated. Software is poor quality and hard to use.. Run now, coz they wont help

Realtracks sound “cheap”? OK. Compared to what, exactly? A top level studio musician recorded live, or a canned sample on an arranger keyboard?

MIDI sound “poor”? What are you playing the MIDI through? A cheap onboard laptop sound card or a good sound module?

For any potential buyers reading this – listen to the demos on a good stereo system, preferably with headphones. Then visit the User Showcase on the PG forums and listen to what real users have created with BIAB. Then make your decision.

Don't like the program? Then take advantage of PG's unconditional 30-day guarantee.

“We offer an unconditional 30-day money back guarantee on all products purchased directly from us. If for any reason you decide that the product is not for you, we will refund you the purchase price of the item.”

Don't be swayed by negative comments – decide for yourself. With the return guarantee, you have absolutely nothing to lose.

tributeman #238559 02/04/14 07:09 AM
Veteran
Veteran
On youtube, people can reply to other peoples' comments. It would be cool if PGMusic's product reviews allowed that.

If I were a prospective customer reading reviews of a product, and I saw negative unsubstantiated reviews rebutted by other users of the product who can tell the difference between a burro and a burrow *, it would tend to turn the negative review into a positive.

* A burrow is a hole in the ground...
you already know what a burro is.

wink

Pat Marr #238561 02/04/14 07:21 AM
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
The veteran combat pilots know when they are directly over the target.

That is the point in the mission when you are taking on the most groundfire.

It also therefore means that your missions are being successful.

--Mac

Mac #238564 02/04/14 07:35 AM
T
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
T
Mac if I listened to some your compositions and gave a not very constructive criticism of them eg what I heard was junk! I would expect you to come back at me asking why I thought it was junk I know I would.Many people look at what others say about a product and if 10 were positive and three were negative you can bet its the negatives that tend to stick..But thats entirely up to PG Music how they handle it.

processor 2.51 ghz
1 87 gb ram
windows 7 Ultimate
yamaha rev 500 effects
tacam DP-24 DAW
Yamaha PSR-620 Keyboard
Mac #238566 02/04/14 07:36 AM
T
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
T
This isnt about censorship its about fairness

processor 2.51 ghz
1 87 gb ram
windows 7 Ultimate
yamaha rev 500 effects
tacam DP-24 DAW
Yamaha PSR-620 Keyboard
90 dB #238569 02/04/14 07:40 AM
T
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
T
For any potential buyers reading this – listen to the demos on a good stereo system, preferably with headphones. Then visit the User Showcase on the PG forums and listen to what real users have created with BIAB. Then make your decision.

Don't like the program? Then take advantage of PG's unconditional 30-day guarantee.

“We offer an unconditional 30-day money back guarantee on all products purchased directly from us. If for any reason you decide that the product is not for you, we will refund you the purchase price of the item.”

Don't be swayed by negative comments – decide for yourself. With the return guarantee, you have absolutely nothing to lose.

This should be upfront on that site EXCELLENT

processor 2.51 ghz
1 87 gb ram
windows 7 Ultimate
yamaha rev 500 effects
tacam DP-24 DAW
Yamaha PSR-620 Keyboard
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,642
Posts735,383
Members38,525
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR
38,524 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 183
DC Ron 101
dcuny 89
rsdean 70
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.