Off-Topic
furry Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
One day a florist goes to a barber for a haircut. After the cut he
asked about his bill and the barber replies,
"I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week."
The florist was pleased and left the shop.

When the barber goes to open his shop the next morning there is a "thank
you" card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill,
the barber again replies, "I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week."

The cop is happy and leaves the shop.

The next morning when the barber goes to open up there is a "thank you"
card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Later that day, a college professor comes in for a haircut, and when he
tries to pay his bill, the barber again replies,
"I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this
week."

The professor is very happy and leaves the shop.

The next morning when the barber opens his shop, there is a "thank you"
card and a dozen different books, such as "How to Improve Your Business' and 'Becoming More Successful."

Then, a Member of Parliament comes in for a haircut , and when he goes
to pay his bill the barber again replies,
"I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week."
The Member of Parliament is very happy and leaves the shop.

The next morning when the barber goes to open up, there are a dozen
Members of Parliament lined up waiting for a free haircut.

furry #23722 05/19/09 10:12 AM
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
I like it, especially as I live in this nations capitol.
Hank

Rutabago #23723 05/19/09 12:03 PM
Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
They are all the same, regardless of country.

Don S.

Curmudgeon #23724 05/19/09 01:44 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I think you are telling us that politicians gladly give of themselves.

R.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Ryszard #23725 05/19/09 02:56 PM
Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Quote:

I think you are telling us that politicians gladly give of themselves.

I would say "take for" rather than "give of." Just my humble opinion.

Don S.

Curmudgeon #23726 05/19/09 08:00 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Don't vote....it only encourages them.

Cheers,
Keith
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent Graham!
There's an apposite cartoon in one of the papers this morning following yesterday's momentous decision of the Commons Speaker resigning (last done only 300 years ago). One MP saying to another: "As soon as I saw what I'd been up to I knew the Speaker had to go."

What's really annoyed me in all the fracas is not so much the enormous expenses claims but their common mindset whereby a few years ago they collectively decided that they were worth FAR more in remuneration terms than we the public felt, knew that hiking their salaries would therefore be 'bad for appearances', so instead invented a secret 'trough' system to top up their salaries (sorry, at least triple them). THAT'S the true indicator of their lack of trust worthiness.

I'm angry and ashamed that our great and ancient institutions have been brought to a level lower than the worst despotic banana republic.

John

Songs web site
YouTube Channel
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4
Skyline #23728 05/20/09 07:35 AM
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Same on this side of the pond.

Gee i wonder what it would be like if we could get together with our fellow employees once or twice a year and vote on how much money we would get paid...

Inflation recipe.

--Mac

Mac #23729 05/20/09 08:39 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
We do not have the problem in Canada.

Our ex priminister Brian Mulroney has informed us that it is all on the up and up and he did nothing wrong (recieving cash payments in the $250000 range) and forgetting to declare them as income (claimed about $70,000) but reported them later, and was not party to the negotiations that lead to his not paying penalties. He has even stated that perhaps the commisioner is correct that on a technicallity he was wrong, but if so, he was innocent of knowingly doing wrong.

I for one sleep better knowing that it was just an "honest mistake".

I feel better, knowing that I although I paid big time penalties for a late fileing, Brian did not recieve any special treatment. He just didn't have to pay penalties???

I hope he does not come to the site too often, as he sued the Government of Canada and hey settled for about $1,000,000 when he was charged with wrong doing in the matter. (I guess they decided they could not prove him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Sure everyone take and makes cash payments in $250000.00 when they are on the up and up.

Well I am sure some of you here can confirm that you have? Right?

I best be careful, least he find out I have expressed some doubt and sues me. I just do not have an extra $1,000,000 hanging around to dump in his bowel.

Last edited by PapaMikie; 05/20/09 08:44 AM.

PM
Mac #23730 05/20/09 10:16 AM
Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Have you ever wonder why someone will spend a million (sometimes of their own money) )to campaign for a job that pays considerably less?

I wonder what is the latest head count of U.S. politicians in the federal pen? We have contributed 5 from Las Vegas.

And while I'm wondering, there was quite a stir concerning the $300,000 photo with Air Force One. I wonder what it cost for the President's town meetings all over the country.

Don S.

PapaMikie #23731 05/20/09 12:55 PM
Off-Topic
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Quote:

We do not have the problem in Canada.

Our ex priminister Brian Mulroney has informed us that it is all on the up and up and he did nothing wrong (recieving cash payments in the $250000 range) and forgetting to declare them as income (claimed about $70,000) but reported them later, and was not party to the negotiations that lead to his not paying penalties. He has even stated that perhaps the commisioner is correct that on a technicallity he was wrong, but if so, he was innocent of knowingly doing wrong.

I for one sleep better knowing that it was just an "honest mistake".

I feel better, knowing that I although I paid big time penalties for a late fileing, Brian did not recieve any special treatment. He just didn't have to pay penalties???

I hope he does not come to the site too often, as he sued the Government of Canada and hey settled for about $1,000,000 when he was charged with wrong doing in the matter. (I guess they decided they could not prove him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Sure everyone take and makes cash payments in $250000.00 when they are on the up and up.

Well I am sure some of you here can confirm that you have? Right?

I best be careful, least he find out I have expressed some doubt and sues me. I just do not have an extra $1,000,000 hanging around to dump in his bowel.

I'm not saying or even suggesting that he was involved - but it's quite probable that the general public in Canada no longer puts too much faith in anything he says or did say.

It seems that his replies to the hearings haven't enhanced his credibility and reputation. "I put the cash in a safe for a few years, so didn't think it would be considered income".

Wow, if I received some cheques from clients, deposited them in my savings account (which I don't spend), I shouldn't owe income tax on them? I wouldn't recommend trying that.

Remember the old saying, "Reputation is what people think you are - character is what you are".

The British House of Commons story is very interesting too and I'm following it closely. In effect, heads still roll don't they?

Glenn

Glenn Kolot #23732 05/20/09 02:28 PM
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

"I put the cash in a safe for a few years, so didn't think it would be considered income".

Um, like the freezer?

That's the preferred place down here...

--Mac

Mac #23733 05/20/09 08:31 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hence the expression "Cold, hard, cash"

Cheers,
Keith
Off-Topic
furry Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
One of the latest revelations is that one MP even claimed for a ruddy DUCK HOUSE for goodness sake.
The were all moaning on BBC radio 2 yesterday that there's a strong feeling of dep depression in Parliament just now and that it's
only a matter of time before there's a suicide.
They won't get flowers sent from ME that's for sure

furry #23735 05/23/09 06:12 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Now now Mates. Remember. Politicians gotta eat too. Just wished they didn't eat like pigs at the trough.

Russ
Anyday above ground is a good day

Computer is Hp Pavillion Vision
6 Ghz quad core AMD processor
8 Gig memory
1 TB hard drive
6 GB hard drive
Windows 7 Premium
Loose nut behind the keyboard laugh

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Oh eh, Jean le cretin got his buddies golf courses and passed cash around like it was dew worms.

Even the people in politics in our small city (1/2 a mill) got cash like the mayor's wife got a 200 grand a year contract to explain to the developer how municipal politics works,..darn.

Every political who leaves office has contacts that everyone wants him/her to talk to, get over it. Forget about it.

I worked for 3 levels of Goverment and found our real quick that morals and your ideals were garbage, they are a clique. If you ever knew you would throw up.

I've been involved in Canadian politics since the sixties, and have worked in investigative circles. Trust me the worst were the Fiberals, then the NDP, then the Conservatives. None have clean hands. Some just are not as bad as the others.

Living 50 miles from the US I get to listen to Detroit's mayor, American Senators from Ill a noise.etc...it's all sad....

At the end of the day vote....and read all you can.

In Canada we had Adscam and if anyone can point to another party doing worse then you've found the antichrist...

John Conley
Musica est vita
John Conley #23737 05/23/09 08:45 PM
Off-Topic
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
John:

Oh I know that politicians are all cut from the same cloth; my point was that Muldoon's reputation is pretty well shot now.

At least I haven't heard anyone say that he seemed honest and forthright in his answers.

He will survive the Oliphant inquiry, but in the public's mind, his reputation won't. Andrew Coyne pretty well summed it up last week on At Issue (keep in mind that he's a small c conservative).

G

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,681
Posts735,874
Members38,538
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Zunzez, Isrra29, HukoKamb, adolesentcodger, Elizabeth Stephen
38,537 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 177