Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Yeppers............. everyone, thanks for all your kind comments.

Life is changing for me... I go to Walmart now and I have to ride a card cause I don't have the wind to walk through the store. People older than I look at me kinda funny.

I'm on ADVAIR puffer and it helps a little bit. I hope I don't have to go on OXYGEN and tote one of those masks and tanks around all the time, but I am so short-winded. I can't hold out hardly to even cook a meal without sitting down at least 3 or 4 times as I am preparing it.

SMOKING WILL KILL YOU.................... I knew it and smoked anyway. We pay for our stupidity.

Thanks, Guys/Gals

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Ray,

It saddens me to hear you are having such a rough go of it. Best wishes from my home to yours and of course I will pray that the man upstairs lightens your load.

Later,

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
ray, i smoked for 20 years and was up to 3 packs a day when i quit cold turkey. it was the hardest thing i have ever done. i quit in '73 and have never felt better. smoking contributed to my stroke, i'm sure. to tame the tactile impulse i carried chewing gum in my breast pocket where i had carried my smokes. that helped but food started to taste good again and i soon gained 60 pounds. so i had a new obsession to overcome. watch out for that.

Off-Topic
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Ray:

Good to hear from you again - I kept one of your midis, and when I play it in Pianoteq you sound better than ever. Should I e-mail an mp3 to you?

Wouldn't mind some more - your playing is nice to listen to.

Glenn

Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Prayers goin' up, bro.

Take it easy, take yer time.

--Mac

Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I am sorry to hear that. I know how terrible it is not to be able to breath. I had surgery and one of my lungs has not come back to its normal copacity. Something that has helped me alot is walking. When I first started walking I could not hardly make it to the end of my street. I just kept adding a little bit more every week. It has helped my lung alot. I hope this helps!

My Tunes

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Ray. I didn't know about your health issue. I've been away from here for so long I lost track. I quit smoking in '74, on the stage, no less. I'd been sick for 2 weeks and couldn't even stand to go to the club to play much less smoke. When I was over it and went back to work I bought a pack of cigs. They had jumped from 35¢ a pack to 65¢ a pack that very day. I bought Pall Mall king without filters. Yeh I was a tough guy.

For some strange reason that night they turned all the lights on in the place. I looked down and my pants were covered with ashes. They were all over my feet. My guitar neck was burnt from putting butts in the neck strings. My fingers were yellow. Suddenly I pictured those fat cats in Virginia laughing at me and pulling money out of my pocket. I went ballistic. I handed the pack over to the bass player and told him to keep 'em. I've never smoked since nor had a desire to. I already enjoyed food and was gaining weight before I stopped smoking. So I had to learn how to eat in moderation.

If you can visualize those fat cats sitting on your chest and holding you down and laughing at you while pulling the money out of your pocket, then chances are you will be affected the same way I was. Vengence is sweet. I like to visualise them all sitting there, crying and broke.

Russ
Anyday above ground is a good day

Computer is Hp Pavillion Vision
6 Ghz quad core AMD processor
8 Gig memory
1 TB hard drive
6 GB hard drive
Windows 7 Premium
Loose nut behind the keyboard laugh

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
You will get better now. Not smoking will help as time goes by. When I retired 17 years ago I could not go a flight of stairs without stopping to rest. Now I can go 6 flights without stopping. It was not smoking for me. I quit in my 20's it was the dirt, dust, and welding fumes of construction. After years of retirement my lungs cleared just by being out of that environment.

I use a cart too Ray and feel like you do when people look at me. Especially when the day before I mixed 20-80 Lb bags of concrete in a wheelbarrow to pour a sidewalk. I use a cart because of my knee and only when I am out where I have to walk all day. Get a doctor you like.

Harold Buckelew WB2CGG Visit my Web Site www.theimperialmusiccenter.com HP Pavilion a6110n PC. BIAB 2011. In God We Trust
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
When I first got out of the hospital after all that surgery awhile back, the wife took me on an excursion to a WalMart.

For the first time in my life I decided it would be better to try one of those little scooters.

Well, everything I wanted to put in the cart turned out to be way up on the higher shelves in the WalMart grocery section.

Couldn't even see the labels from way down there.

Was too proud to ask other folks to help me, I guess, or maybe too timid, so I started doing the Jack-in-the-Box thing, getting in and out of the cart to see the top shelves and select things.

Turns out that darn cart ended up giving more excercise than if I had just stayed on my feet.

Besides that, you put handlebars in front of me and this old biker gotta try to grab the tank with the knees, put the center of G on the pegs and I gotta LEAN to turn. heh

--Mac

Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Quote:

For the first time in my life I decided it would be better to try one of those little scooters.

I identify with that. Been there and done that and hopefully not again.

Don S.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Good to see you Ray......been missing your presence here. Sorry to hear about the health issues, been there as well. After a liver transplant, went from wheelchair, to walker, to walking stick, to nuttin in about 6 mo or less. Docs kept telling me to slow down, but I just couldn't do that......when you've looked at death real close, you want to live life as much as you can, even if it kills ya..........

Keep hanging in there buddy, and whatever you do don't give up or quit trying.

Rob

Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Robert.......... several folks have told me to WALK.... including the doctor.
I have gained 28 pounds since I retired in March. I thought by quitting smoking my lung functions would improve, but they have not. COPD is just going to have its way, I guess. I need to try that walking.... I really do. Perhaps that would give me back some of my wind. And what I didn't use, I could always PASS.

I gotta try and walk, which will be difficult, cause I'm already short of breath, and ARTHURitis is getting so bad........ and I have fluid in my feet.... they are swollen a bit and I sometimes wear compression hose on my feet and legs to help compress out the fluid. Sheesh! I'm falling apart here.

DagNabit

Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Just do it a little bit at a time, my friend, don't push it, you may have to start with an every-other-day regimen, but keep at it.

A little at a time.

Like practicing the piano, it is the repetition that gets it.

--Mac

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Great to see you Ray !!

You can do it brother, I have faith in you.

Trax

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
ray, you don't have to run a marathon, just a few yards to start then build from there. use your walker if it helps you feel more secure. plan your route between places to sit down to rest. they have inexpensive (under $100) walkers with locking hand brakes and a seat so you can sit down to rest. you should be able to get one through medicare with your doctor/physical therapist's prescription. keep us posted and all the best to you.

here's one: http://www.nextag.com/Drive-Cleaver-Lite-Walker-534986680/prices-html

Last edited by Don Gaynor; 09/04/09 06:35 PM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Go for it, Ray! Get movin' man! We take no prisoners here on the forum and we need your input.

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Wow.............. did I make things sound that bad?
Don, I don't have a walker................ yet..............
Moreover, I'm not on Medicare yet-----------I'm 62.

But there are times I would gladly give $$$$$$$ for a tank of oxygen!!!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

...will be difficult, cause I'm already short of breath, and ARTHURitis is getting so bad........ and I have fluid in my feet.... they are swollen a bit and I sometimes wear compression hose on my feet and legs to help compress out the fluid. Sheesh! I'm falling apart here.

i had compression hose for bad edema in my calves and feet but it proved to be an adverse side effect from lipitor and zocor, meds for cholesterol and high bp.

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Dear Ray:

I may not be a Christer like yourself -- 40 years as a physician has drove it outa me -- but I would instead pray for you to the Gods of science, and evolutionary adaptation (aka wisdom of the body, healing potential).

I myself smoked 1-2 packs for almost 40 years, and quit a few years ago, with the assistance of Nicotine gum, and Wellbutrin (an antidepressant repackaged as Zocar for smokers). And, lest I forget, exercise.

It worked -- I never thought I could quit. But don't be in any big hurry for restoration of your wind... it takes years, and, as several others have suggested, serious regular activity, as tolerated. But it works. I am taking long hikes and bike rides, and running a few (slow) 5k runs.

I am still profiting from your Mix/Master tutorials. Hope you can find energy to keep working on these -- they are helping a lot of us.

Be well,
Brad.

Last edited by Brallan; 09/04/09 11:00 PM.

Brad -- My FAWM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hi Ray
The Doc is right,as you know I also have COPD,but it is'nt so bad,yet.

I quit smoking years ago and it is correct,the exercise does help,and although you won't feel any benefit
at the start,it will get easier to breathe.I know It works for me.

My Doc used to say I had done more than medicine could do, just by stopping smoking.

Three steps forward one back and you WILL get there.Each time you feel breathless,stop and rest
until you recover,then carry on.

And yes,you are supposed to feel breathless,the idea is to make the heart and lungs work.

Sorry for preaching at you,do these things and you can feel better,promise.

Alan

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,645
Posts735,409
Members38,526
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking
38,525 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 183
DC Ron 101
dcuny 89
rsdean 71
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.