You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#185939 - 12/23/12 05:37 PM [User Showcase] New song from Gospel CD
senn5 Offline
Enthusiast

Trying out soundcloud and my attempt at producing a song from BIAB/Realband/Sonar.......

So all comments welcome...:)

Have I told You https://soundcloud.com/mel-matthews123/have-i-told-you

#185940 - 12/23/12 09:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song from Gospel CD [Re: senn5]
occ Offline
Journeyman

Senn5 I really enjoyed this. I do country gospel myself so this is my favorite style of music. It started off like "Have I told you lately that I love You". Thanks for sharing!! occ

#185941 - 12/24/12 12:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song from Gospel CD [Re: senn5]
Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Nice.

I can picture this one being covered by The Gaither outfit.

Blessings, and Merry Christmas!

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#185942 - 12/24/12 12:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song from Gospel CD [Re: Mac]
Loc: Charlotte, NC
Tano Music Offline
Expert

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Senn5..I really liked this..I wouldn't suggest a single change...tell us a bit more about how you put it together..style/effects, etc.
Thanks for sharing!

#185943 - 12/24/12 02:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song from Gospel CD [Re: Tano Music]
Loc: Kentucky
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Love it! Lyrics flow perfect. Mix sounds excellent. Thanks for sharing!

My Music

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#185944 - 12/24/12 04:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song from Gospel CD [Re: PgFantastic]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Nice work - good arrangement, and it maintains interest throughout.

The only real negative is the auto-harmony - it comes off a bit too robotic. Part of the problem might be that it tracks exactly against the lyric. If you've got other takes, you might use them to generate the parts instead. Another option might be to stagger the harmony parts a bit so they don't quite stack up the same.

But really, getting the original singer to do parts would be ideal - especially since it's a keystone of the chorus!

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#185945 - 12/24/12 05:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song from Gospel CD [Re: Mac]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Quote:

Nice.

I can picture this one being covered by The Gaither outfit.

Blessings, and Merry Christmas!

--Mac

Loved it

Mac said it best

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#185946 - 12/24/12 06:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song from Gospel CD [Re: MarioD]
senn5 Offline
Enthusiast

Hey thanks so much for the plus comments........much appreciated.

David Cuny....... I couldn't agree with you more. This was my first attempt at trying the harmonies in BIAB. I've tried everything in the mix from EQ to you name it to try and get that robotic sound out of there. I'll have to try your suggestion of staggering them a bit and see what happens. I have a Vocalist Live Pro but Michelle's voice has a VERY strong vibrato in it, and although I love the VLP it is very sensitive to that and I have harmonies flying all over the place...lol I recorded her voice in Sonar and used V-Clip to take out some of the vibrato as well as pitch correction.

I had to try and generate harmonies the best I could, Michelle isn't that strong of a singer and I don't think she is capable of singing the parts on her own. She writes her own songs and I've agreed to try to put together a CD for her.

I started in BIAB using _ctryswu UptempoCountrySwing and then loaded that into realband to generate other instruments. From there I load all the individual tracks into Sonar and record her voice. I pitch correct her voice and save that as a wave file and load it back into BIAB to generate the harmonies. Then load ALL back into Sonar, cut/paste mix,EQ and whatever until I come up with something I can live with...:)

Hey Mac! Thanks so much for the positive, much appreciated.

Thanks again everyone and a Merry Christmas to all........take care.

#185947 - 12/25/12 10:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song from Gospel CD [Re: senn5]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Nice tune. Good arrangement.
About the harmonies: Ask Floyd Jane. He does very well with his BIABettes.

Merry Christmas

Guenter

#185948 - 12/25/12 12:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song from Gospel CD [Re: dcuny]
Loc: Ohio-USA
jcspro40 Offline
Expert

Loc: Ohio-USA
Quote:

The only real negative is the auto-harmony - it comes off a bit too robotic. ....Another option might be to stagger the harmony parts a bit so they don't quite stack up the same.

Agree. Another trick is to add a slight Chorus effect to the BGV to create some movement. The Kjaerhus Classic Series Chorus is great for this. You can still grab these from The Acoustica Site.

Good tune!
HP Z600 3.6GHz 12 core, 48gb memory, 12TB HDD RAID storage, 3TB OS / DAW HDD, 2.4TB SSD VSTi Sound Drives & 480GB BiaB SSD, Win7 x64 Ultimate, BiaB/RB 2019, Reaper 4.75, Mixbus 5 32C, IK Multimedia Total Studio 2 MAX, Waves 10

#185949 - 12/25/12 06:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song from Gospel CD [Re: jcspro40]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Nice!

I agree with David about the harmonies, but nevertheless, a very nice effort. And great message!

Merry Christmas!

Steve

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Build 315 Update Available!

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac users - a new FREE patch update (build 315) is available!
Review details and download here

Summary of changes for build 315 (Nov 15, 2019):

Fixed: Exporting MusicXML files was not working.
Fixed: When using "Auto-Hand split Piano track" feature, exported MIDI files contain wrong note durations on the Piano track.
Fixed: Note-based lyrics were not included when exporting MIDI files.
Fixed: User should be prompted to save their song when exiting, if they had added or removed plugins.
Fixed: The Record Audio dialog always says “Track type is Stereo” even if the track type is mono.
Fixed: The [Audio Options…] button in the Record Audio dialog was launching the Audio Devices dialog instead of the Audio Settings dialog.
Fixed: Loops dialog title bar displays wrong track name.
Fixed: Large patch map files are not completely loaded (were limited to 1985 patches).
Fixed: Notation context menu > Edit Section Text… did not do anything.
Fixed: Notation context menu > Insert Section Text… did not do anything.

My Favorite Things - Nudge Chords in Band-in-a-Box®

Love this time saving feature.

Ever fill in the chordsheet fully or for part of song, and then discover you want to add or take away an extra beat or more somewhere in the chordsheet.

Nudge chords (melody) from the Edit Menu is your friend here, the dialog will give you all the options either to remove or add beats where its needed.

Love it.
-musiclover

To learn more about this feature, read the "Advanced Chord Entry and Editing Features" topic when you click here.

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial & Demo - Rodney Gene Junior

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Rodney Gene Junior has shared his latest User Testimonial and Demo with us, and we LOVE it! Not only does Rodney share with the viewer his enthusiasm for our program, he also shares a few examples of how he uses Band-in-a-Box® too - make sure you check it out!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Testimonial Video - Peter Torpey

Check out our latest Band-in-a-Box video testimonial, which takes using the program to a whole new level! Peter Torpey is a long time program user who has developed a way to work with the program, even though he's visually impaired - and he wants to make sure that others can too!
Click here to watch!

Learn more about Peter here.

View all our video testimonials here.

Want to make your own Testimonial? We'd love to see it! There's information on our Video Testimonials offer here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade & Full Manuals Available!
Happy National Saxophone Day!

Today's the day we say "Happy Birthday" to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone!
(Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he patended his saxophone creation!)

We have 35 different RealTracks Sets available for Band-in-a-Box® that include Saxophone RealTracks !

RealTracks Set 304: Blues Shuffle Horn Section
RealTracks Set 294: Big Band "Crooner Shout" Soloist!
RealTracks Set 266: Jazz & Funk Potpourri
RealTracks Set 265: Crooner Ballad Big Band!
RealTracks Set 264: Crooner Bossa Big Band!
RealTracks Set 244: Jazz Background Horns with Jack Stafford
RealTracks Set 236: Cocktail Jazz Horns!
RealTracks Set 220: Flute and Saxes with Jack Stafford
RealTracks Set 217: Jazz Pollwinners 8 – Jazz Waltz Sax Solos
RealTracks Set 216: Jazz Pollwinners 7 – Swingin' Sax & Guitar Soloing
RealTracks Set 215: Jazz Pollwinners 6 – Sax & Guitar Soloing, Ballads & Bossas
RealTracks Set 209: Rockin' Blues Baritone Sax with Gary Smulyan
RealTracks Set 207: Funky Horns
RealTracks Set 194: Jazz Pollwinners 1: Great Saxes: Phil Woods & Gary
RealTracks Set 189: Blues Baritone Sax with Gary Smulyan
RealTracks Set 188: Slow Background Pop Horn Section
RealTracks Set 183: Country Soloists: Sax and More!
RealTracks Set 176: R&B Horns
RealTracks Set 175: Texas Blues-Rock: Smokin' Blues Sax
RealTracks Set 160: Jazz-Funk Movin'
RealTracks Set 145: Jazz-Funk Breezy
RealTracks Set 127: Groovin' Jazz Funk
RealTracks Set 91: Smooth Jazz - Sax Soloing
RealTracks Set 58: Jazz and Pop Waltzes
RealTracks Set 57: Jazz Swing, Laid Back
RealTracks Set 55: Fast Bebop Jazz
RealTracks Set 54: Slow Jazz Ballad
RealTracks Set 52: Fast Samba
RealTracks Set 51: Slow Bossas and More
RealTracks Set 32: Blues
RealTracks Set 19: Jazz Ballad
RealTracks Set 17: Bossa
RealTracks Set 15: Mainstream Swing
RealTracks Set 13: Older Jazz Swing Soloists
RealTracks Set 7: Acoustic Jazz Bass and Rock Sax

Which one is your favorite?

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Special Ends October 31st

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac special ENDS TODAY!!!
Order before 11:59PM PDT to save UP TO 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade... and receive a FREE Bonus PAK full of great Add-ons!

It's a GREAT time to order your upgrade to Band-in-a-Box 2019 for Mac, which is compatible with the just-released macOS Catalina - upgrades start at just $49!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2019 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2019 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

Forum Stats
30395 Members
62 Forums
60614 Topics
512705 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
PEP1, ichavis, Hooman, gilou7, WaltDan

30395 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 200
Noel96 179