Options
Index
#359756 - 08/06/16 02:15 AM [User Showcase] Electric Popland
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Expert

Electric Popland

Here is a small instrumental track I wrote in 2009. I think it is a very nice example to showcase the versatility of Band-in-a-box. Most of the tracks are MIDI instruments from the styles STR_QT44, ORKMED44, Ork448, Mozart and -TEKRA0+.STY. Only realtrack used is #479 Trumpet. RealDrums TechnoRadio.

I have used 3-7 layers of instruments to play the melody and then at one point you can even hear my voice through a vocoder effect smile

Mixed in Adobe Audition (I think I used version 3.0 at that time).

Janne

#359819 - 08/06/16 04:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Electric Popland [Re: jannesan]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Janne,

That sure sounds complete and "full" considering it's mostly midi tracks (not sure if that is correct English), especially the base kick.
Are you using a soundfont or a special midi synth?
Let us know, we're interested.
Well done!

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#359861 - 08/07/16 06:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Electric Popland [Re: jannesan]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
The subject title says it all.

Great driving beat throughout. I liked it.
BIAB&RB2019(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#359893 - 08/07/16 11:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Electric Popland [Re: jannesan]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi janne great job of using biab excellent mix very well done thanks for sharing eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#359920 - 08/08/16 12:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Electric Popland [Re: jannesan]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Hi Janne,

I like this a lot! The RT trumpet sits very well in the mix... I also like the way you've developed the progression. It remains interesting throughout.

The use of recurring themes really adds cohesiveness to the project... very easy to listen to!

#359922 - 08/08/16 01:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Electric Popland [Re: RnAM]
jannesan Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: RnAM
That sure sounds complete and "full" considering it's mostly midi tracks (not sure if that is correct English), especially the base kick.
Are you using a soundfont or a special midi synth?
Let us know, we're interested.
Well done!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks Rob and Anne-Marie! If I remember correctly, I used Coyote Forte DXi for all MIDI instruments. Although I cannot rebuild the original mix (version incompatibility), I can see that I used both multi-band compressor and hard limiter on drums and bass.

Janne

#359923 - 08/08/16 01:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Electric Popland [Re: VideoTrack]
jannesan Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
The subject title says it all.

Great driving beat throughout. I liked it.

Thanks VideoTrack for commenting and liking the beat smile

Janne

#359924 - 08/08/16 01:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Electric Popland [Re: F.M.M.]
jannesan Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hi janne great job of using biab excellent mix very well done thanks for sharing eric

Thanks Eric for your kind words smile And thanks to BIAB for having so much great possibilities, I'm listening to your relaxing Silent Clouds at the moment and it has completely different mood smile

Janne

#359925 - 08/08/16 01:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Electric Popland [Re: Pat Marr]
jannesan Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
I like this a lot! The RT trumpet sits very well in the mix... I also like the way you've developed the progression. It remains interesting throughout.

The use of recurring themes really adds cohesiveness to the project... very easy to listen to!

Thanks Pat for your kind comment. The Techno RealDrum has so many variations that it is easy to keep some interest through the song.

Janne

#359933 - 08/08/16 04:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Electric Popland [Re: jannesan]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Nice arrangement and mix. Very well done. Enjoyed my listen.

#359975 - 08/08/16 11:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: Electric Popland [Re: jannesan]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Janne !:))

This is a very interesting
tune indeed ! I like everything
about it, could have been a
bond theme tune !!!

Cheers
Dani

#359996 - 08/08/16 02:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Electric Popland [Re: jannesan]
Loc: Cremona-Italy
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Hi Jannesan

you made it in 2009 but for me is surely one of your best.
Excellent disco tune

Sergio

Sergio

#360053 - 08/09/16 12:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: Electric Popland [Re: jannesan]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Janne,

BEAUTIFUL
very reminiscent of the synth works from the late 1908's

I loved that era so this is a very,very enjoyable listen

I see you playing this on stage, wearing a cape, surrounded by lots of synths with the smoke machine going. grin

I look forward to more

Alyn

#360057 - 08/09/16 02:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Electric Popland [Re: jannesan]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Janne,
Nice composition - has a good feel about it.
Peter

#360168 - 08/09/16 01:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Electric Popland [Re: jannesan]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Very cool Janne!! Cool music and cool sound. I could hear this as a film score-heard a few 007 changes in one part. Love the trumpet. Excellent job! Take care. Greg

#360233 - 08/09/16 11:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Electric Popland [Re: dani48]
jannesan Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: dani48
This is a very interesting
tune indeed ! I like everything
about it, could have been a
bond theme tune !!!

Cheers
Dani

Thanks Dani for liking and commenting! You seem to have been watching the Bond re-runs lately wink

Janne

#360234 - 08/10/16 12:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Electric Popland [Re: Greg Johnson]
jannesan Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Nice arrangement and mix. Very well done. Enjoyed my listen.

Thanks Charlie for your positive words smile

Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

you made it in 2009 but for me is surely one of your best.
Excellent disco tune

Sergio

Thanks Sergio for commenting, nice to know that showcasing an older song gets positive feedback smile

Originally Posted By: gibson

BEAUTIFUL
very reminiscent of the synth works from the late 1908's

I loved that era so this is a very,very enjoyable listen

I see you playing this on stage, wearing a cape, surrounded by lots of synths with the smoke machine going. grin

I look forward to more

Alyn

Thanks Alyn for enjoying my little song. I assume you mean 80's wink That's my favourite decade in music smile Unfortunately I cannot imaging me playing on stage, but thanks for describing it heheheh

Originally Posted By: PeterF

Nice composition - has a good feel about it.
Peter

Thanks Peter!

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Cool music and cool sound. I could hear this as a film score-heard a few 007 changes in one part. Love the trumpet. Excellent job! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg for your cool comment smile Yet another Bond reference, maybe I should really try to make a Bond theme song, what would happen then smile

Janne

PG Music News
HURRY! Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - Special Ends Today!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac ends TODAY!

Order before 11:59 PDT TODAY to save UP TO 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade... and receive a FREE Bonus PAK full of great Add-ons!

It's a GREAT time to order your upgrade to Band-in-a-Box 2019 for Mac, which is compatible with the just-released macOS Catalina - upgrades start at just $49!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2019 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2019 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2019 Build 2 Update Available!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2019 users can download the FREE Build 2 patch update here

Summary of Changes in Build 2:
Fixed: Sometimes the position of the VST/DX plugs window (even if not visible) would prevent a drop, such as into the drop station, from occurring.
Fixed: When batch converting files, the volume of some file types such as wav/mp3/wma/mp4, etc. would be too low.
Fixed: In Chords Window, you could not enter held chords on Piano track.
Fixed: LeadSheet might not display tied notes on the last bar of a track.
Fixed: Pressing "M" key in Editable Notation to insert a new note at the current time location on the Staff was inserting a duplicate note rather than inserting it above an existing note.
Fixed: Loading in a MusicXML file could result in MIDI notes of zero instead of the currect MIDI notes.
Fixed: Dragging a file into the tracks window didn't always result in the effects slot for the track being setup properly for the file type dragged in.
Fixed: When inserting hard rest, and answering Yes to question about removing notes for the peg, it would remove notes from both clefs instead of the clef that the rest was inserted on.
Fixed: Potential access violation when deleting a note in staff window.
Fixed: Potential jukebox access violation if there were songs with the entire path of the filename being 256 characters or greater loaded into jukebox.
Fixed: Jukebox not playing the playlist in correct order in certain situations involving stopping/restarting, etc.
Fixed: When loading in a MusicXML file that has a specific guitar fretboard defined that matches one of our fretboards, the guitar tablature type will now be set for the notation.
Fixed: Ability to load in .MXL (compresssed musicXML file) as well as ability to load normal noncompressed musicXML file with the new .musicxml extension instead of just .XML.
Fixed: Hammer ons, pull offs, and slides are now being saved to MusicXML files.
Fixed: Exceptionally jittery timing indicator in the notation window during playback compared to older versions of RealBand.
Fixed: If the start of a generated section of a song didn't have a chord entered at the beginning of the section, then it could default to a C major chord instead of the most recent chord prior to the section.
Fixed: Potential access violation if song has micro-pegs and multiple notes on a peg.
Fixed: Accidental element that specified whether a note was displayed as sharp/flat wasn't eing saved to XML, even though the correct pitch of the note itself was saved.

RealBand 2019 Build 5 Update Available!

All RealBand 2019 for Windows customers can download the latest FREE patch update (build 5) here.

Summary of Changes in Build 5 (Oct 10)
Fixed: Sometimes the position of the VST/DX plugs window (even if not visible) would prevent a drop, such as into the drop station, from occurring.
Fixed: When batch converting files, the volume of some file types such as wav/mp3/wma/mp4, etc. would be too low.
Fixed: In Chords Window, you could not enter held chords on Piano track.
Fixed: LeadSheet might not display tied notes on the last bar of a track.
Fixed: Pressing "M" key in Editable Notation to insert a new note at the current time location on the Staff was inserting a duplicate note rather than inserting it above an existing note.

Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for macOS Catalina

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac we added Drum Notation Support, and we didn't stop there! Other Notation Enhancements added in this new version are:

-A new track type (Drums) is available for the Melody and Soloist tracks.
-Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on it.
-Holding down the control key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in finest possible incremental adjustment in size.
-In the Notation Window Options dialog, the clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
-Notation is much clearer, not jagged, on retina screens.
-The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
-The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
-There is a keystroke entry mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are N to enter a note, M to enter a third note, up/down cursor to change the pitch of the highlighted note, and left/right cursor to move the time line.
-You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.

Read more about the Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac here. Watch this feature 'in action' with our new features video - jump to this topic when you click here.

...and don't forget - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac upgrades are ON SALE until October 15th, up to 50% off! Order now!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - Special Ends October 15th!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac special is almost over! The special ends on October 15th - until then, save UP TO 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade... and receive a FREE Bonus PAK full of great Add-ons!

It's a GREAT time to order your upgrade to Band-in-a-Box 2019 for Mac, which is compatible with the just-released macOS Catalina - upgrades start at just $49!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2019 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2019 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our packages page for all the purchase options available.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for macOS Catalina!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac works GREAT with the just-released Catalina 64-bit only OS!

Updating your Mac to the latest macOS Catalina? Don't miss a beat with our 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac®, fully compatable with the just-released macOS Catalina!

In fact, Catalina features like Sidecar (a feature which allows you to utilize your iPad as a second display) work well with the new Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - great for sharing charts with other musicians!

So, take comfort in knowing that the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac runs great on Catalina and there are no known Catalina/Band-in-a-Box® issues.

Have an older version of the program that won't work with Catalina (which only runs 64-bit programs)? Don't fret - you can upgrade to the newest version for as little as $49, here.

Video: Band-in-a-Box® for Mac: DAW Plugin in Ableton

Check out our updated video demonstrating the new Band-in-a-Box® VST/AU/AAX Plugin being used with Ableton: click here to watch. Learn more about the Band-in-a-Box® VST/AU/AAX Plugin here.

Don't forget, our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac upgrades are ON SALE until October 15th - and ALL Band-in-a-Box® 2019 purchases include the VST/AU/AAX Plugin!

Forum Stats
30219 Members
62 Forums
60188 Topics
507913 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Memorilla, annhya, TheSwede, Beachkeys, STEV

30218 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 178
Noel96 155