Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#426964 - 08/21/17 11:37 AM [] Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! (2017)
Loc: Victoria, BC
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
We've enjoyed listening to all of the songs submitted for our Xtra Styles Song contest - thank you to everyone who entered!

The winners are:

Americana:
Captain Arnold's Liquer Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Rob4580
Xtra Style used: _SECLUDE.STY 
Original Forum Post

The Music of Life Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Jon Thomas
Xtra Style used: _HARPING.STY
Original Forum Post

Jazz:
In a Latin Mood Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: MusicStudent
Xtra Style used: _BOSSOUL.STY
Original Forum Post

Rock-Pop
Great White Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Buford
Xtra Style used: _BIGWAVE.STY
Original Forum Post

Congratulations!

Edited by Andrew - PG Music (01/04/18 10:01 AM)

#426978 - 08/21/17 01:41 PM [] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Congratulations everyone!

#426982 - 08/21/17 02:56 PM [] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Chicago
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Who said an instrumental could not win? Oh, I guess that was me... which is why I added the "verbal count in" at the beginning.

Thank you so very much. I am pleased to be a winner. Congratulations to winners and all who participated.
SoundCloud

#426984 - 08/21/17 03:42 PM [] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

Wow!!! smile
Thank you so much guys!!
This is a nice, nice surprise!!
I guess in the eclipse day, many strange things may happen, including an Italian winning a country competition! smile smile
Congratulations to all, not just the winners but all participants as well. A lot of very nice songs!
Most of all, thank you PG Music !!!

#426985 - 08/21/17 03:56 PM [] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Colorado
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Congratulations to all the entrants and winners.

Bob grin

#426988 - 08/21/17 04:31 PM [] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Washington State
bluage Offline
Expert

Dear "Rob4580", Jon Thomas, "MusicStudent" and Buford...

Now you that you talented gents have been handed the sweet, juicy apple of success (crunch, slurp, mmm-mmm!) why don't you tell us what was the inspiration for each of your songs! laugh

Congratulations, "Xtra Styles Contest Winners"!

Most sincerely and respectfully,

"bluage" a.k.a. LOREN

#426995 - 08/21/17 05:05 PM [] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Congratulations to all of the winners, but moreover, thanks to everyone who contributed. There has been some remarkable material put forward.
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#426997 - 08/21/17 05:12 PM [] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: bluage]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear "Rob4580", Jon Thomas, "MusicStudent" and Buford...
why don't you tell us what was the inspiration for each of your songs! laugh

"bluage" a.k.a. LOREN

Hi Loren,

I think each of my entries has info about the motivation/inspiration for each song at the top of the post. Check out the original post on each song.

Thanks for listening,
Bob

#426998 - 08/21/17 05:15 PM [] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: VideoTrack]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Congratulations to all of the winners, but moreover, thanks to everyone who contributed. There has been some remarkable material put forward.

Hey VT,

Thanks so much. There were a lot of good entries in this competition. A great, inspirational STYLE PAK didn't hurt either.

Thanks for listening,
Bob

#427009 - 08/21/17 06:25 PM [] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Well done to the winners and thanks to PG Music for the opportunity.

#427018 - 08/21/17 07:35 PM [] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: bluage]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

Hi Loren
In my case the inspiration for the lyrics came from my profound love for animals and nature. And the idea that we all are basically the same - us, animals, plants, everything. We are one giant choir, and with slightly different voices we sing the same, beautiful song. It also came from my passion for science. In physics, string theory basically argues something quite similar: the fundamental components of reality are tiny strings, and everything - energy, matter etc - is the result of their viibrations. The universe is music, in a sense. We are music. How beautiful is that? String theory is not proven yet, but I thought it would make a nice starting point for a song anyway smile
Jon

#427022 - 08/21/17 09:33 PM [] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Jon Thomas]
bluage Offline
Expert

Dear Jon Thomas...

Thank you SO much for responding to my request of all the winners!

I am in totally agreement with you about the "string" that ties everything together in this inexpressibly beautiful world -- that is, as Our Creator originally designed it.

Your song clearly and jubilantly expressed your feelings about the glorious, harmonious inter-relatedness of everything.

Here are the powerful words of Ludwig Van Beethoven on the nature of music:

"The vibrations on the air are the breath of God speaking to man's soul. Music is the language of God. We musicians are as close to God as man can be. We hear his voice, we read his lips, we give birth to the children of God, who sing his praise. That's what musicians are."

Gratefully,

LOREN

Edited by bluage (08/21/17 09:34 PM)

#427023 - 08/21/17 09:36 PM [] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Buford]
bluage Offline
Expert

Dear Buford...

I'll do just that very thing!

Thanks for responding.

Sincerely,

LOREN

#427032 - 08/22/17 01:48 AM [] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Congratulations to all the contest winners.
It was fun for me to participate in the competition and listen to my competitors' songs.

Best regards.

From Japan
Shigeki Adachi

#427037 - 08/22/17 04:04 AM [] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Congratulations to the winners and thank you all for your kind words.
Ive been using Band in a Box since the early 90's.
When I first purchased BB it arrived in floppy disk form.

Ive been using BB for so long that it has become second nature to me.
Sometimes I am guilty of taking BB for granted because it has become such a part of my life.

When I hear a great style, I hear an unwritten song. Just gotta keep chopping bits off till I find it.
The inspiration for my song was the drum beat in SECLUDE.STY and to me that was the star of the whole effort.
Thank you guys for the great support and thank you PG music.
Rob

#427044 - 08/22/17 05:39 AM [] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
A well deserved congratulations to all the winners and thanks to all who participated. Tom

#427134 - 08/22/17 12:43 PM [] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Congratulations to all of the winners!

And, as has been noted, congratulations to ALL of the enormously talented songwriters who turned in submissions.

I only saw winners on this one, seems like everybody won. There was a staggering outpouring of high level songwriting and artistry. And one guy in one category sounded EXACTLY like Jeff Beck. Must have been some tough choices.

smile

Congrats to everyone again and thanks to Band-in-a-Box for such cool tools to work with.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#427208 - 08/23/17 04:19 AM [] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Lake Keowee, South Carolina
MountainSide Offline
Expert

Loc: Lake Keowee, South Carolina
Congratulations to all...winners and those who contributed alike. Your efforts have been an inspiration. Your insights and use of the new styles have given all of us new creative possibilities.

Jeff
Win10, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB current 2020 builds, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive Touch, Kontakt 5.8, SampleTank 4.09

#427487 - 08/25/17 06:54 AM [] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Buford Offline
Journeyman

For those who asked, "Great White" is now downloadable from Soundcloud.
Enjoy, BB

#427883 - 08/27/17 09:31 PM [] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Well done everybody! Especially the category winners. And also well done to PG music for putting this competition on. I love the new styles and use them all the time. I can highly recommend them to people who already have the everything Pak.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Blake - PG Music 
PG Music News
"Find-a-Sub" RealTracks Feature - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Freshen up your arrangements using the "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks feature added with Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows! This feature will help you find replacement RealTracks to use that are the most similar in sound, feel, tempo, and time signature for your song, sorted from best-to-worst!

Watch the explanation of this new feature when you jump to the subject in our Band-in-a-Box® 2020 New Features Video - click here to watch.

Or, read a detailed explanation of this new feature here.

Find the Perfect Style for Your Song with the Song Titles Browser Feature! #TipTuesday

Use the Song Titles Browser within the StylePicker if you're wanting to create a song in the feel of your favorite tune!

Give it a try - there are OVER 10,000 titles available to search with this feature!

If you've searched for a song, and no Style is suggested, click on the [Add...] button, you'll be able to post a request to add that title here!

Learn more about this feature within the "Style suggestion" topic here.

Share your Latest Band-in-a-Box® Song! #MusicMonday

Let's hear your latest Band-in-a-Box® song! Don't be shy - post it as a reply, or head to our User Showcase Forum to share it there!

New to Band-in-a-Box® and unsure of how to get started? We have a few resources to help you out!

Forums - packed with helpful program users!
Online Manual - specifically "Chapter 2: QuickStart" (Mac users, click here.)
Support Videos - sorted for easy searching! All of these are also shared on our YouTube Channel.

Of course, you can always reach out to our team directly too! www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

The Band-in-a-Box® 2010 "Plug-in" Mode! #TBT

Did you know... the "Plug-in" mode was first launched with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2010 for Windows!

With the 2010 "Plug-in" mode, Band-in-a-Box® opened as a small always-on-top window, and acted as a plug-in for your favorite DAW/sequencer, so that you could Drag-and-drop MIDI and audio (WAV) tracks from Band-in-a-Box to your favorite sequencer. You could work in your favorite sequencer, type a progression in Band-in-a-Box, and then simply drag the track from Band-in-a-Box to your sequencer’s track at the desired track and bar location.

To learn more about the new features that were launched with Band-in-a-Box® 2010 for Windows, check out Band-in-a-Box® 2010 "Plug-in" mode feature highlighted in our Band-in-a-Box® 2010 New Features Video at 10:50!

The "Plug-in" mode development didn't stop there - With Band-in-a-Box® 2019 we introduced the "Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin" which now works DIRECTLY INSIDE YOUR DAW (Cakewalk, Reaper, Pro Tools, PreSonus, etc.). Learn more about this feature here.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - No Sound with MIDI?

Have you ever experienced a No Sound issue when you're working with MIDI in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac?

We have an online tutorial that can walk you through some troubleshooting to resolve this, but why not check out our newest YouTube video instead?

Click here to watch...

Of course, you can always reach out to us directly if you're in need of assistance with the program!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Feature Browser! #TipTuesday

Don't underestimate the power of the Feature Browser added with Band-in-a-Box® 2020! This is a GREAT resource when you "know that you knew a feature" but just can't quite remember how to find it!

Simply click on the [?] at the top of the program (near the Mixer on the right) to launch this feature. From there, simply type in your query, or choose from the long list that appears in the Feature Browser window. If you're typing it in, you'll see that list change to only show the results that could fit your search - once you find what you're looking for, you can read more about it when you choose [Manual], if there's a video for the feature you can choose [Video] to view it, OR - if you don't need to read about the feature and just want to USE it, choose [Do it] and you're all set!

Watch this new feature in action when you jump to the subject in our New Features video:

10:19 - New Feature - Feature Browser

Give the Gift of Music with Band-in-a-Box®!

Did you wait too long to purchase flowers, a card, or book a restaurant for Valentine's Day? Or, maybe material gifts just aren't your thing?

Why not whip together a song in Band-in-a-Box? It's as easy as typing in some chords, choosing a style, and pressing play!

Or, take it a step further with the help of the Audio Chord Wizard and our StylePicker Song Titles Browser feature!
How???
-Use the Audio Chord Wizard to analyze their favorite song and provide you with the chord progression
-Take that chord progression and start a new project in Band-in-a-Box (choose "Erase the Audio WAV file in BB" | Enable style)
-Head to the StylePicker window, search for a style for that song using the "Song Titles Browser" Feature (top right)
-Choose from the list provided
-Press Play!

Like what you hear? Save it, and viola!

Forum Stats
31260 Members
63 Forums
62552 Topics
529338 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Sajj, PhoenixPhyre, DThor, aldosax, Ice Box

31260 Registered Users