Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#450119 - 01/09/18 11:13 AM [User Showcase] Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
So my BIAB 2018 hardrive arrived yesterday and I decided to give the video Realtracks a try!

PARADOX OF YOU video made with BIAB Video Realtracks

It is all a little rough around the edges....and I did not do all the editing that I normally do on my vocals, I was not using a pop filter, plus I did have a few technical issues. I ended up rendering the individual videos from Band-in-a-Box and then putting them together in my video editing software (along with the video of me singing the vocal, taken on my Ipad). It was all a bit of a mission but a good learning exercise anyway. If this song was a keeper, I would probably need to go back and rerecord my vocals properly at some stage (or not... just move onto the next thing......)

Anyway, comments are always welcome.

Lyrics and chords:
(G) (Am) (C) (G) (D)

(G) Listening to the (Em) pouring rain
(C) I know the sun will (Am) come (D)
(G) Light from dark (Em) dry from wet
(C) When wintertime is (D) done

(G) I see myself (C) as the earth
And (C) you the vast blue (Am) sky (D)
(G) Sometimes I keep you (C) grounded
And (C) you just let me (D) fly

Chorus
(G) I love it when we (Am) talk
(D) I love the silence (G) too (C)
I (G) love the yin and (Am) yang of life
The (C) paradox of (G) you (D)

(G) You are my har (Em) mony
(C) the balance that I (Am) find (D)
(G) through the windows (Em) of my days
(C) In corners of my (D) mind

(G) Sometimes you are the (C) roots
(C) growing in the (Am) night (D)
(G) Sometimes I am the (C) leaves
(C) bathing in your (D) light

Chorus
(D) I love the silence (G) too (D)

Bridge
(Em) In and out, hot and cold
(Am) Fear and courage (D) young and old
(Em) Good and bad (Am) salty sweet
(C) Up and down (D) messy neat

Chorus
(D) I love the silence (G) too (D)

Tracks:
RealTracks in style: 2915:Bass, Electric CountryPopByron12-key Ev 085 (Videotrack)
RealTracks in style: 2825:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryPopMike12-key Ev 085 (Videotrack)
RealTracks in style: 2911:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryPopBrent12-key Ev 085 (videotrack)
RealTracks in style: 2829:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryPopBrent12-key Ev 085 (videotrack)
RealDrums in style: PopCountry16ths^01-a:Closed Hat, Sync-kick, b:Closed Hat, Rock-kick (videotrack)

Edited to add: These lyrics were posted in a recent thread in the off-topic forum about forum members posting different songs using the same lyrics, which HearTolearn started and is also busy putting some lyrics together for. But, I am hoping to get a couple of different versions from a couple of other forum members on these lyrics, shortly. If anybody wants to compose alternative music for these lyrics please feel completely welcome to do so,... Here is a link to that topic in the off topic forum http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=4&page=1

Edited by JoanneCooper (01/09/18 11:32 AM)

#450122 - 01/09/18 11:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
sslechta Offline
Expert

I'm going to keep myself from listening to any version of this song anyone comes up with until I complete my own. smile Don't want to get a different version stuck in my head. LOL

The video did look nice however. I need to play with that a bit too. Thanks!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2020, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#450126 - 01/09/18 11:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

Joanne,
That's really great work! Thanks for posting.

#450128 - 01/09/18 12:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Great song and also a really nice video. You did some sharp video editing.

#450129 - 01/09/18 12:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Ohio-USA
jcspro40 Offline
Expert

Loc: Ohio-USA
That was a fun watch, Great Job!
HP Z600 3.6GHz 12 core, 48gb memory, 12TB HDD RAID storage, 3TB OS / DAW HDD, 2.4TB SSD VSTi Sound Drives & 480GB BiaB SSD, Win7 x64 Ultimate, BiaB/RB 2019, Reaper 4.75, Mixbus 5 32C, IK Multimedia Total Studio 2 MAX, Waves 10

#450131 - 01/09/18 12:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Hi Joanne
that was great to watch and I guess something unusual in any music Vids these days.
My problem was that I got so engrossed in watching their hands miraculously jumping instantly from one place to another, I had to go back afterwards to listen to your lovely song, which stands up so well on its own.
However its a superb demonstration of how RV's work (er - Real Videos?!)
Happy New Year, Joanne
Ian

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp

SOUNDCLOUD UPDATED - tracks that were made entirely using BIAB -
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#450189 - 01/09/18 04:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Hong Kong
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
I only watched a bit for obvious reasons, but I loved the production and the use of the video tracks was very inspirational and professional looking. They certainly add to an artist's aura in videos! Inspiring.
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#450191 - 01/09/18 04:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Great Joanne! Love what you did with the song and the video - very creative!

Bob

#450216 - 01/09/18 09:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Looks good to me. Great stuff. Rob

#450221 - 01/09/18 09:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Joanne,

Congratulations on creating such a fine song and with such an impressive video presentation! I enjoyed listening and watching.

All the best,
Noel

#450256 - 01/10/18 05:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Joanne,

Nice to see the Video Real Tracks in action. And, MAN!, that was a quick turn around just receiving your upgrade...

Hope we will see more of what you can do with them.

You should do an article (blog?) on how you put that together...

#450571 - 01/12/18 01:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Hi Joanne.

Waited till now to listen and what a lovely full arrangement you have.
And of course you are a real singer.
The video is fascinating and the production is all top notch in my opinion.
A fine song.
Although the chords and treatment are different the songs seem to me to have a surprisingly similar feel.
Or maybe it's not surprising as the lyrics are the same.
Good fun anyway and I certainly enjoyed the exercise.

Cheers.

#450574 - 01/12/18 02:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: RichMac]
Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
Teunis Offline
Expert

Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
I read the words last night and you have done the song in a similar fashion to how I imagined it. Very nice job Joanne. It has good meaning.

Tony

#450703 - 01/12/18 03:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
I need to get two things out of the way...

1-Oh God! This is is how you wrote the song? You are going to kill me! smile Your version is SOOO good and SOOOOOOO different than mine. eek

2-The video addition is REALLY cool! I think seeing the drummer and instruments gave me more of a feeling that it was recorded in a studio. You are lucky you are so photogenic! I will maybe do that when they come out with "Real Singer" in version 53. So, you'll are safe for now.

NOW, I can concentrate a bit more on the song.

Wow! That is a REALLY cool version of your song. That sounds funny to say, but it's true. I'm not sure what it reminds me of...basically a lot of hits. That's what I'm comparing it to; and it seems to fit in just fine. To me, that's saying a lot.

What a great listen! Thanks for sharing this, and allowing us to use your lyrics. That is REALLY cool of you! smile
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#450758 - 01/12/18 10:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Joanne, beautiful song with a great video! Everything sounds exceptionally good! Thanks, Torrey

#454353 - 01/29/18 06:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
sslechta Offline
Expert

The one, the original..... I loved the video. I've played with the feature a little bit and it seems cool. Your part of the video is the best. I like to see how you sing it out.

Good work on the song overall and thanks for inspiring me to do one as well!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2020, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#454365 - 01/29/18 07:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Central Ohio
edshaw Offline
Expert

Loc: Central Ohio
Holy cow, Joanne. Never seen anything like that, before. Wonderful playing!
I espcially liked watching the keyboard dynmics as relates to the vocal. The player knows just how to punctuate, accentuate, and just as important, when to get out of the way, bar by bar, note by note. This video shows that in a unique way. Hoping to see more.
Reaper/Audacity
TASCAM DP 03 SD|Digital deck

#454401 - 01/29/18 08:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

Very cool. I enjoyed watching your performance as well as the video Realtracks. Amazing arangement and mix. Your vocals sound great. This is the first of everybodies that I've listened to. (besides my own of course) and its cool to see your vision for the song as the lyricists.

www.sammycountry.com

#454561 - 01/29/18 09:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Joanne

I listened to the original version of this song for the first time.
It is a wonderful folky song.
I entirely agree with Noel.
Congratulations on creating such a fine song and with such an impressive video presentation! I enjoyed listening and watching.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#454829 - 01/31/18 02:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Joanne,

Loved the video tracks. But, of course, the great song made it even more enjoyable. Loved this! Your music is always so well done - well-written, well-produced and great on the ears! Super job!

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Clarinet RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

It's National Clarinet Day! Who doesn't enjoy the rich & mellow sounds the clarinet delivers?

We have 20+ Clarinet RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, covering Dixieland, Folk, Jazz, and World styles. You'll find these RealTracks in the following Sets:
RealTracks Set 56: Jazz, Old and New
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland - Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists
RealTracks Set 248: Oberkrainer! Folk Music From the Alps

Clarinet RealTracks Artists include:
James Danderfer
P.J. Perry
Thomas Oberreiter

Tutorial - Downloading and Installing Your Band-in-a-Box® Purchase

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® from our website you'll receive the installation files to download your order, even if you're having it shipped!

You can access these files within the My Products section of your online account.

Downloading the program is such a convenient way to get started with Band-in-a-Box®! To learn more about how to download your purchase, please review the written tutorials we've created for Windows and Mac.

200+ Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Where would music be today without the sultry sounds of the Saxophone? Fortunately, because of Adolphe Sax, we don't have to find out!

Today we celebrate his birthday, and with that a nod to our extensive collection of Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Saxophone RealTracks sound so amazing that they were one of the first RealTracks we developed and released for the program with Band-in-a-Box® 2007! Now there are more than 200 Saxophone RealTracks available for Jazz, Rock, Blues, Country, Funk, and Pop!

Our Saxophone RealTracks Artists include:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

Click on their name to be taken to their bio page where you can learn more about the artists and listen to demos of all their RealTracks.

Upgrading to Band-in-a-Box® 2020 is Easy!

Did you know... anyone who has owned a previous version of Band-in-a-Box® is entitle to upgrade pricing - you do not need to have your old version installed!

Maybe you used to own the Windows version, but you now have a Mac... that's not a problem either!
(or if you owned the Mac version, and now you have a Windows computer)

In both cases, you would purchase from the "Upgrade from 2018 or earlier or crossgrade" row here for a new Mac version, or here if you want the newest Windows version. Just need to upgrade your 2019 version? Use the "Upgrade from 2019/2020" row.

When you purchase your upgrade from either of these rows, you will receive a complete installation - just follow the steps of the setup, and your Band-in-a-Box® will be ready to use!

PG Music Inc. shopping cart accounts were not required to purchase from our website prior to October 29, 2014. With that in mind, you may have to create an account in order to upgrade - that's OK! You'll still be entitled to upgrade pricing.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Italian for Mac is Here!

Ci sono oltre 50 nuove funzionalità in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Ci sono miglioramenti ai RealTracks (RealTracks vocali dal suono più fluido, Ispessimento RealTracks, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" e MultiRiffs). La maggior parte dei RealDrums ora hanno RealCharts (con un'accurata Notazione di Batteria). C'è un nuovo Browser dell'artista RealTracks per trovare informazioni /bios/collegamenti/ elenchi di RealTracks su tutti gli artisti. Un nuovo Browser delle Funzionalità consente all'utente nuovo o "smemorato" di trovare e utilizzare facilmente la maggior parte delle funzionalità/tasti di scelta rapida/documenti da un'unica finestra. Equalizza Tempo consente di cambiare una canzone registrata in rubato in un tempo fisso. Stiramento del tempo/tono dell'audio migliorato (Elastique) incluso. Ci sono miglioramenti di SongPicker, Auto-Intro di Basso/Batteria o Batteria solo, 3.400 titoli aggiunti, miglioramenti di MusicXML, chitarra "per mancini" e "Vista Studente", miglioramenti del trascinamento della selezione, visualizzazione multi-finestra dell’analizzatore degli accordi audio e altro ancora!

ACQUISTA/AGGIORNA & SCARICA ADESSO!!

Want to be notified when a new version of Band-in-a-Box® is released? There are a few ways to stay informed!

PG Music Newsletter: Click here to subscribe
(If you've registered with us, or purchased from us, you're already on the list!)

Facebook: Click here to "Like" our page!

Twitter: Click here to Follow Us!

We'll also announce any new version or new product release on our Forum... stay tuned!

Forum Stats
33203 Members
68 Forums
66917 Topics
570033 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
svm, Howlwie, blackpocus, SongCrafters, Sean McGrath

33204 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 164
MarioD 153