Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
You can order the Band-in-a-Box 2010 packages here :
http://www.pgmusic.com/bandbox.htm

There's a video to watch, on this page http://www.pgmusic.com/win.htm (click on the link that says video on that page)

The information below describes the packages. If you get the UltraPAKPlus, you get all MIDI styles , all RealTracks and all RealDrums, so

With the release of Band-in-a-Box 2010, there are 3 main packages:
Pro, Mega, and UltraPlus packages. The UltraPlus includes ALL Realtracks (370), all RealDrums (200+) and all MIDI Styles (1700) . The Mega includes all MIDI styles (1700), and many RealTracks (40) and RealDrums (20+) . The Pro includes some MIDI styles(200+), some Realtracks (12) and some RealDrums(10+).

1. The UltraPlus is the best package, and includes all Realtracks (370+), all RealDrums (200+) and all MIDI styles (1700+) . This package is very large (80GB), and comes pre-installed on an included 160GB USB hard drive. (it is also available on DVD, but this is a 20 DVD package which would take a long time to install.) Note: We also have an EverythingPAK (Hard Drive), that is the same as the UltraPlus PAK HardDrive, with an additional package called Songs And Lessons Pak.
2. The MegaPAK is the next best package. It includes 40 RealTracks (of 70 available) grouped into 10 RealCombos* (RealCombos are a ‘band’ of RealTracks in the same style) . It also includes 30+ additional RealDrum styles (in 7 sets). The MegaPAK includes all of the styles. Available on DVD.
3. The ProPak is the basic package. It includes 12 realTracks, grouped into 3 RealCombos* (“bands”) and also includes 1 additional RealDrums set and 200 MIDI Styles. Available on DVD (or CD if requested).

- All Band-in-a-Box 2010 packages also include RealBand 2010.
(more info here http://www.pgmusic.com/bandbox.htm)

*What are RealCombos? “RealCombos” are a ‘band’ of RealTracks and RealDrums in the same style. For example, the Jazz Swing 140 RealCombo includes 5 RealInstruments (Bass, Piano, Guitar, Sax, and Drums) that play Swing in Medium swing tempo. RealCombos have a “ideal tempo” listed – they can be played at any tempo, but sound best near the ideal (originally recorded) tempo.

Band-in-a-Box Pro RealCombo Collection:

12 RealTracks, in 3 Bands (Jazz Swing 140, Pop/Rock 120, Country Ballad 85),

Jazz Swing Band with Acoustic Bass, Piano, Acoustic Guitar & Tenor Sax Soloist
Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Sw 140
Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Jazz Sw 140
Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Jazz Freddie Sw 140
Sax, Tenor, Jazz Sw 140
JazzBrushes RealDrums

Country Ballad Band with Pedal Steel
Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 085
Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 085
Pedal Steel, Background Ev 085
NashvilleEven8 RealDrums

Pop-Rock Band with "Dreamy" Guitar
Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesSync Ev 120
Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 120
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dreamy Ev 120
Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 120
(NashvilleEven8 RealDrums, already listed above)

MIDI styles: Over 200 MIDI Styles included with Pro version

Pro version SIZE: 3 GB (1 DVD)

MegaPAK RealTracks Collection:
Includes everything that the Pro comes with (12 RealTracks, in 3 Bands (Jazz, Pop/Rock, Country),
, as well as 28 additional Realtracks (7 additional bands)

MegaPAK RealCombos total 40 RealTracks, in 10 Bands

Jazz Swing 140
Country Ballad 65
Pop Rocck 120
Bossa 140
Bluegrass 130
Blues 120
American PopRock 120
SmoothCool Jazz 100
JazzBallad 85
HardRock Thrash 85

Bossa Band with Alto Sax Soloist
Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 140
Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Bossa Ev 140
Guitar, Nylon-Elec, Rhythm Bossa Ev 140
Sax, Alto, Bossa Ev 140
BossaBrushes RealDrums

Bluegrass Band with Mandolin Soloist
Bass, Acoustic, Bluegrass Ev 130
Banjo, Bluegrass Ev 130
Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Bluegrass Ev 130
Fiddle, Rhythm Bluegrass Ev 130
Mandolin, Soloist Bluegrass Ev 130

Blues Band with Electric Guitar Soloist
Bass, Electric, Blues Sw 120
Organ, B3, Background Blues Sw 120
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Blues Sw 120
Guitar, Resophonic, Rhythm Blues Muddy Sw 120
Guitar, Electric, Soloist Blues Sw 120
BluesShuffleHard RealDrums

American Pop-Rock Band
Bass, Electric, Metal Ev 120
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopAmericanDirty Ev 120
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopAmericanMuted Ev 120
(Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 120 - already included in another band)
NashvilleEven8 RealDrums

Smooth Jazz "Cool" Swing 16ths band with Tenor Sax soloist
Bass, Electric, SmoothCool Sw16 100
Piano, Electric, Rhythm, SmoothCool Sw16 100
Sax, Tenor, HipHop Rock Sw 100
SmoothJazzCoolSw16 RealDrums

Jazz Ballad Band with Trumpet soloist

Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Ballad Sw 085
Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm, Jazz Ballad Sw 085
Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm, Jazz Ballad Sw 085
Trumpet, Jazz Ballad Sw 085
JazzBrushesSticks RealDrums

HardRockThrash band

Bass, Electric, Metal Ev 085
(Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm, Strumming Ev 085, already included)
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockThrash Ev 085
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockThrashHollow Ev 085
RockThrashHalfTimeEv16 RealDrums

MIDI styles: MegaPAK includes ALL MIDI style

MegaPAK SIZE (only includes wmas, not BB, MIDI styles & ST2s): 10.6GB, 3 DVD’s

Band-in-a-Box UltraPlus RealCombo Collection:
Since the UltraPLUS includes all Realtracks, all RealDrums and all MIDI styles, it also includes all 100+ RealCombos (bands playing in a certain style using all RealTracks)

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
S
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
S
So what are we to do if if we want say RealPak Rock 3 and the updates to the programs. It sure looks like to me that the MegaPak does not contain any new RealTracks. At least not from their descriptions. I apologize if I seem dense..

Thanks,

Stephan..

J
Expert
Expert
J
Hi PG

I would like to buy the BIAB update and the new realtracks as i have everything else how would i do this please thanking you for your advise

regards Dave Hoskins "Jazzband"

I always play the right notes but not always in the right order
F
Apprentice
Apprentice
F
Quote:

Hi PG

I would like to buy the BIAB update and the new realtracks as i have everything else how would i do this please thanking you for your advise

regards Dave Hoskins "Jazzband"

Yes I have "the lot" of 2009.5. So what do I need to get the updated "lot" for 2010 that includes the update for B&B and RB programs.??

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

So what are we to do if if we want say RealPak Rock 3 and the updates to the programs. It sure looks like to me that the MegaPak does not contain any new RealTracks. At least not from their descriptions. I apologize if I seem dense..

Thanks,

Stephan..

Quote:

Hello,

We've added a description of the "Combo's" to this page (below the chart)
http://www.pgmusic.com/bandbox.htm

With the MegaPAK you would get 40 RealTracks, enough so that you can have a full RealTracks band for each of the styles mentioned there (e.g. for the SmoothCool Jazz 100 you would have Smooth Jazz Bass, Electric Piano, and Drums at a tempo of 100). It's still only a fraction of the near 400 that are included in the UltraPlusPAK. The UltraPlusPAK upgrade from 2009 versions is $139. To get ALL of the RealTracks not included in the MegaPAK, you would either getting the UltraPlus or EverythingPAK.

EDIT - oh, we must have posted at the same time...

--------------------
Andrew
PG Music Inc.

Edited by Andrew - PG Music (Tue Dec 08 2009 11:02 PM)

Last edited by Mac; 12/09/09 05:39 AM.
R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
I know this question must get asked everytime there is a new release. So, why stop now? I had just purchased 2009.5 last month. Is there any provision for those of us who had just purchased the 2009.5 version as it pertains to the 2010 version?

F
Apprentice
Apprentice
F
Quote:

I know this question must get asked everytime there is a new release. So, why stop now? I had just purchased 2009.5 last month. Is there any provision for those of us who had just purchased the 2009.5 version as it pertains to the 2010 version?

Yes that was my question as well. I'm not certain but it appears that many of the existing 2009.5 realtracks etc have been replaced with new ones (although this is not evident from the write ups) as opposed to additional files only.
In my case I already having the "the Lot" in 2009.5. So I have updated with the UltraPluspak at $139 on a 160GB disc which should update and add to my existing system files. (I hope!).

I am still not certain what the Audophile version is all about though.

Cheers. F

PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
>>> Yes that was my question as well. I'm not certain but it appears that many of the existing 2009.5 realtracks etc have been replaced with new ones (although this is not evident from the write ups) as opposed to additional files only.
In my case I already having the "the Lot" in 2009.5. So I have updated with the UltraPluspak at $139 on a 160GB disc which should update and add to my existing system files. (I hope!).

Yes, the UltraPlusPak is ideal in this situation. All of the new realTracks are *additional*, and don't replace the existing ones.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
>>> know this question must get asked everytime there is a new release. So, why stop now? I had just purchased 2009.5 last month. Is there any provision for those of us who had just purchased the 2009.5 version as it pertains to the 2010 version?

Yes, there is a "customer protection" provision for this, for orders placed within 30 days of a new release. Please contact sales@pgmusic.com or phone 800-268-6272, and they should be able to look after it.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
J
Expert
Expert
J
Hi Peter

The mist has cleared and i can see what i need to download,thanks for explaining and thanks for a brilliant program

regards Dave Hoskins

I always play the right notes but not always in the right order
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Yes, the UltraPlusPak is ideal in this situation. All of the new realTracks are *additional*, and don't replace the existing ones.

Dear Peter,

Would you possibly be able to reveal the price for the UltraPlusPak after 12/31/09???

$139 might not seem much for some, but for others (like me) it is at this time.

Much appreciated and looking forward to upgrade from 2009.5 !!!

Cheers,
Mike

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
F
Apprentice
Apprentice
F
Quote:

>>> Yes that was my question as well. I'm not certain but it appears that many of the existing 2009.5 realtracks etc have been replaced with new ones (although this is not evident from the write ups) as opposed to additional files only.

Many thanks Peter. Those new piano styles are wonderful, and I notice a little injection of one of the four lads from Liverpool styles as well! Great. This will go very nicely with the FF package including the B&B and RB "plug-in" option and my copy of Sonar 8.
Those smooth jazz tracks are also simply outstanding.
Looking forward to receiving my disc. Best wishes for the season to you and staff.

Re F

Veteran
Veteran
Never mind, Dr. Peter Gannon .. I could not resist. Stretching out the credit card a bit, but, hey - what are credit ratings these days anyway! LOL!

Cheers,
Mike

PS: Ordered the HD ... and am downloading just the necessities to get BIAB 2010 running

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
Expert
Expert
Thanks for the additional explanations. I had sent an email to sales@pgmusic.com regarding which package to purchase. I decided on the Megapak upgrade package. I tried to order it online but it says I need a password. I have a password but I guess it's just for the Forums. Instead of registering, some sites let you purchase as a "Guest". Even though I may be a regular customer, I would rather purchase as a Guest rather than have to fuss around with another password. I did ask for a password by email but maybe I don't even have one for them to mail back. I'm going to try one more time so see if I missed something obvious in your purchase process.

Stan

Cornet Curmudgeon
Expert
Expert
Oops! Sorry, I just had not scrolled down far enough on the screen to see that you can buy without registering. Yes, I did miss something very obvious. Gotta slow down and now practice for some more Christmas gigs.

Stan

Cornet Curmudgeon
R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
Thanks Peter. I will check my files when I get home to see if it falls within the date range. While I have your eye, I want to send a kudos to you for this product. I have been really enjoying the learning curve and am actually beginning to compose using both Real Band and BIAB.

RickeG

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
RickG, if your situation happens to be a few days or so "on the wrong side" -- I'd still call 'em up anyway and ask for their good graces on this.

--Mac

J
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
J
I couln't find a description. They are in the ultrapak and not the megapak.

New CD, "Live in Evanston - John's Mixed Bag"
details at www.jazzobsession.com
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I'm sorry, but I still don't understand quite what's going on here.

I already have styles 1-77, soloist sets 1-20, RealDrums 1-26, and RealTracks 1-66. So I think that in addition to BIAB and RealBand 2010, I need only RealTracks 67-82 and RealDrums 27-29. Indeed, your home page says exactly that. However, when I click through the "Learn more..." link, I can't find any place where I can order those particular options.

What am I missing?

S
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
S

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,731
Posts736,692
Members38,559
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
LesNewzealand, CCCreator, Juha, davyowdoo, Rogee
38,559 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197
rsdean 112
DC Ron 110
dcuny 93
Noel96 92
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.