Wondering how to install from Download Links, DVDs, a flash drive, or hard drive? Here are some tips:
Download Links Installation
*Having trouble downloading? Check out our FAQ "I just placed an order but am unable to download the software" HERE
Once you have successfully downloaded your entire purchase from your My Products page, you will need to run those installers.
- Option 1: Manually click on each installer (one at a time) and follow the prompts in the Installation Wizard. Unless you specified otherwise when downloading, your installation files should be found in your "Downloads" folder.
*Tips for downloading and installing an entire UltraPAK or UltraPAK+ (previously the EverythingPAK) on a Windows computer can be found HERE
- Option 2 (for Band-in-a-Box ONLY): Manually install the main Band-in-a-Box program (plus Hi-Q Instruments, MIDI SuperTracks, Artist Performances, BonusPaks, XtraStyles PAKs if relevant) and then use the Download Manager from within Band-in-a-Box to install all your Loops, Shots, RealTracks and RealDrums.
Insert your DVD's into your DVD drive, view the content of the disc(s), and run the installer(s). Use the default locations in the Installation Wizards to ensure all fonts, software synths, demos etc. go where they need to be!
Click HERE to watch a YouTube video that shows you how to install Band-in-a-Box from DVD's on a Windows computer.
Flash Drive Installation
Insert your flash drive into a USB 2 or 3 port on your computer, view the contents of the drive, and run the installers. Use the default locations in the Installation Wizards to ensure all fonts, software synths, demos etc. go where they need to be!
*You should not be running the software directly from the flash drive, it needs to be installed onto your computer.
Hard Drive Installation
You have three installation options when you purchase Band-in-a-Box® on an external hard drive. To get started, plug the hard drive into your USB 2 or 3 port(s), view the contents of the drive, and run the setup file.
- Run everything from the external hard drive provided - installing only the fonts and software synths to your internal drive. WINDOWS VIDEO MAC VIDEO
- Install Band-in-a-Box® to your computer's internal drive but leave the RealTracks and RealDrums on your external hard drive. WINDOWS VIDEO MAC VIDEO
- Install everything to your computer's internal hard drive and just keep the hard drive as a backup. WINDOWS VIDEO MAC VIDEO
*If your computer isn't recognizing the hard drive, please follow the troubleshooting steps found HERE
If you get stuck, please don't hesitate to contact us!