You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#505201 - 11/30/18 07:09 AM [User Showcase] Don't Mind If I Do
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Here’s one for the blues fans. This is what I call a “dragging by the seat of your pants shuffle”. The loose change pocket was helped out by nudging some of the tracks along the time line.

Recorded in Logic Pro X
Plug Ins : Nectar 2, Neutron 2, Ozone 8, Tonal Balance, Waves LinMB, Waves, L3-LL Multi Limiter, Scuffam Amps S-Gear, Waves Vocal Rider

Vocal, Stratocaster, Telecaster, Tom Adams

MIDI SuperTracks in song: 2846:Organ, Rhythm BluesSlowSwingMike Sw 085
RealTracks in song: ~425:Organ, B3, Background Blues Sw 120
RealTracks in style: ~954:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryBoogieCleanSync Sw 110
RealTracks in style: ~957:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryBoogieGrittyMuted Sw 110
RealTracks in song: 424:Harmonica, Soloist Blues Sw 120
Royalty Free Loops

https://soundcloud.com/tommyad/tom-adams-dont-mind-if-i-do

https://tommyadamsmusic.com/music

Don’t Mind If I Do

You been lied to You been let down
I heard tell all you been through
They been talking all around this town
Your man he don’t have a clue

So if he don’t want to hold you
Hope you don’t mind if I do

Since I met you you been on my mind
I think about you damn near every night
i tried to tell you but you already knew

if he don’t want to hold you

I saw you cry and start to break down
You better move on it’s overdue
all those lies lies that been floating round
You been lost in a world full of blues

Since I met you you been on my mind
I think about you damn near every night
i tried to tell you but you already knew

©2018 Thomas Adams

Edited by tommyad (11/30/18 07:13 AM)

#505255 - 11/30/18 10:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Mind If I Do [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Yeah, now you’re talking!!

Just a killer job on this, Tom.

Love the vocal, the arrangement, and man, that guitar is smokin'!

Just about as good as it gets IMHO.

#505262 - 11/30/18 10:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Mind If I Do [Re: tommyad]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Tom,

I like the way you slowed down the shuffle... its really got some attitude. As do the lyrics and your vocal.
The whole song has that smoky bar room swagger- very cool guitar and harp duet at the end.

Robert

#505269 - 11/30/18 10:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Mind If I Do [Re: tommyad]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Smoking blues. That sounded really good.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#505289 - 11/30/18 11:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Mind If I Do [Re: tommyad]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Tom,

Nice! A really BIG sound on this, yet totally "in control".

Super guitar work on this! ALL the guitars work together. The Drums sound great. The organ has nice bite to it. The harmonica is a real standout, too - fit in nicely.

Good vocals, sitting "just right".

A nice Blues write.

Stellar sound. Excellent mix.

fj

#505293 - 11/30/18 11:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Mind If I Do [Re: tommyad]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Tommy,

This is smokin' man!

That guitar sounds great. Loved it!

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#505333 - 11/30/18 02:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Mind If I Do [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Tom

Brilliant. A really nice Stevie Ray Vaughan sound. Loved the guitars, vocals and the overall write.
Superb blues played wonderfully.

Peter

#505363 - 11/30/18 04:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Mind If I Do [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
Wow, such a great rocking shuffle here... I like the sounds you create with the line "Since I met you you been on my mind"... Good writing, playing, & singing... I can see you had a lot of fun with one & I certainly enjoyed listening to the final product!

#505438 - 12/01/18 03:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Mind If I Do [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Loved how you described the song " “dragging by the seat of your pants shuffle”. This so describes the song. The backtrack was exceptional Tom. Your vocal was exceptional, but the guitar was just killer so much cool stuff been done. The fills around the vocal - wow.. Harmonica was very cool as well...

#505567 - 12/01/18 10:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Mind If I Do [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Hot!!!

heard some Buddy Guy, Claptonesque stuff in there

can't help but feel good listening

love the breaks

and everything else about it,

Kenny

#505678 - 12/01/18 03:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Mind If I Do [Re: BlueAttitude]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Yeah, now you’re talking!!

Just a killer job on this, Tom.

Love the vocal, the arrangement, and man, that guitar is smokin'!

Just about as good as it gets IMHO.
Bluesman Dave, I was hoping you'd like this one, Thanks, Tom

#505705 - 12/01/18 04:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Mind If I Do [Re: tommyad]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Tom,

This is AWESOME!

Love the intro. Outstanding vocal and the mix is tremendous.

A great, great listen.

Bob

#505729 - 12/01/18 05:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Mind If I Do [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Very nice blues track. I loved the guitar in this.

Thank you for sharing
Will

#505815 - 12/02/18 05:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Mind If I Do [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Charlotte, NC
Tano Music Offline
Expert

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Wow! I’d call that a perfect illustration of just how to handle shuffle-type blues. Thought all the components were laid in there just right, especially liked how you used the harmonica and organ towards the end. And that line “since I met you”! —great use of the stops right there to add some punch. Great work!

#505871 - 12/02/18 08:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Mind If I Do [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Man, you nailed it - what a killer ! Although there's an amazing lot of great new songs on display this is my 'tune of the week'. I don't have to make any comments regarding vox, backing track, sound or whatever: Everything is just kicking [*****]. And I do love that sort of lyrics. Okay, I do have to mention that I was completely struck by that great guitar work.

All thumbs up (sorry I only got two of them).

All the best,

Stefan

#505931 - 12/02/18 12:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Mind If I Do [Re: Robertkc]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Tom,

I like the way you slowed down the shuffle... its really got some attitude. As do the lyrics and your vocal.
The whole song has that smoky bar room swagger- very cool guitar and harp duet at the end.

Robert
Robert, thanks for the listen and the kind comments, Tom

#506090 - 12/03/18 04:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Mind If I Do [Re: floyd jane]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Smoking blues. That sounded really good.
Thanks Herb. I’m glad you liked it, Tom
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom,

Nice! A really BIG sound on this, yet totally "in control".

Super guitar work on this! ALL the guitars work together. The Drums sound great. The organ has nice bite to it. The harmonica is a real standout, too - fit in nicely.

Good vocals, sitting "just right".

A nice Blues write.

Stellar sound. Excellent mix.

fj
Glad to get your blessing on this one. I was trying to get that big sound. Thanks, Tom

#506176 - 12/03/18 09:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Mind If I Do [Re: tommyad]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Dang Tom...there's always a bit of blues in your tunes but when you do straight out blues you GO ALL THE WAY!!!

Every aspect of this just oozes the blues. Your excellent guitar and vocal performances have just the right amount of grit to make this sound about as authentic as it gets. And the lyric? It could've been written by any of the great blues masters. Spot on with the theme and vocal delivery.

Then there's the cool arrangement, the signature Tommyad great mix and backing tracks...the harp and organ guys sound like they've been playing with the guitar man for years.

Outa sight!!!

J&B

#506262 - 12/03/18 01:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Mind If I Do [Re: David Snyder]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Tommy,

This is smokin' man!

That guitar sounds great. Loved it!

smile
Thanks David. I appreciate you coming by, Tom

#506282 - 12/03/18 02:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Mind If I Do [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Some GET DOWN BLUES!!! Great fell Tom!! Nice gritty number with some sweet vocals and tasty guitar on those Fender axes! Loved it!!! Take care. Greg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Clarinet RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

It's National Clarinet Day! Who doesn't enjoy the rich & mellow sounds the clarinet delivers?

We have 20+ Clarinet RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, covering Dixieland, Folk, Jazz, and World styles. You'll find these RealTracks in the following Sets:
RealTracks Set 56: Jazz, Old and New
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland - Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists
RealTracks Set 248: Oberkrainer! Folk Music From the Alps

Clarinet RealTracks Artists include:
James Danderfer
P.J. Perry
Thomas Oberreiter

Tutorial - Downloading and Installing Your Band-in-a-Box® Purchase

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® from our website you'll receive the installation files to download your order, even if you're having it shipped!

You can access these files within the My Products section of your online account.

Downloading the program is such a convenient way to get started with Band-in-a-Box®! To learn more about how to download your purchase, please review the written tutorials we've created for Windows and Mac.

200+ Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Where would music be today without the sultry sounds of the Saxophone? Fortunately, because of Adolphe Sax, we don't have to find out!

Today we celebrate his birthday, and with that a nod to our extensive collection of Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Saxophone RealTracks sound so amazing that they were one of the first RealTracks we developed and released for the program with Band-in-a-Box® 2007! Now there are more than 200 Saxophone RealTracks available for Jazz, Rock, Blues, Country, Funk, and Pop!

Our Saxophone RealTracks Artists include:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

Click on their name to be taken to their bio page where you can learn more about the artists and listen to demos of all their RealTracks.

Upgrading to Band-in-a-Box® 2020 is Easy!

Did you know... anyone who has owned a previous version of Band-in-a-Box® is entitle to upgrade pricing - you do not need to have your old version installed!

Maybe you used to own the Windows version, but you now have a Mac... that's not a problem either!
(or if you owned the Mac version, and now you have a Windows computer)

In both cases, you would purchase from the "Upgrade from 2018 or earlier or crossgrade" row here for a new Mac version, or here if you want the newest Windows version. Just need to upgrade your 2019 version? Use the "Upgrade from 2019/2020" row.

When you purchase your upgrade from either of these rows, you will receive a complete installation - just follow the steps of the setup, and your Band-in-a-Box® will be ready to use!

PG Music Inc. shopping cart accounts were not required to purchase from our website prior to October 29, 2014. With that in mind, you may have to create an account in order to upgrade - that's OK! You'll still be entitled to upgrade pricing.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Italian for Mac is Here!

Ci sono oltre 50 nuove funzionalità in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Ci sono miglioramenti ai RealTracks (RealTracks vocali dal suono più fluido, Ispessimento RealTracks, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" e MultiRiffs). La maggior parte dei RealDrums ora hanno RealCharts (con un'accurata Notazione di Batteria). C'è un nuovo Browser dell'artista RealTracks per trovare informazioni /bios/collegamenti/ elenchi di RealTracks su tutti gli artisti. Un nuovo Browser delle Funzionalità consente all'utente nuovo o "smemorato" di trovare e utilizzare facilmente la maggior parte delle funzionalità/tasti di scelta rapida/documenti da un'unica finestra. Equalizza Tempo consente di cambiare una canzone registrata in rubato in un tempo fisso. Stiramento del tempo/tono dell'audio migliorato (Elastique) incluso. Ci sono miglioramenti di SongPicker, Auto-Intro di Basso/Batteria o Batteria solo, 3.400 titoli aggiunti, miglioramenti di MusicXML, chitarra "per mancini" e "Vista Studente", miglioramenti del trascinamento della selezione, visualizzazione multi-finestra dell’analizzatore degli accordi audio e altro ancora!

ACQUISTA/AGGIORNA & SCARICA ADESSO!!

Want to be notified when a new version of Band-in-a-Box® is released? There are a few ways to stay informed!

PG Music Newsletter: Click here to subscribe
(If you've registered with us, or purchased from us, you're already on the list!)

Facebook: Click here to "Like" our page!

Twitter: Click here to Follow Us!

We'll also announce any new version or new product release on our Forum... stay tuned!

Forum Stats
33215 Members
67 Forums
66074 Topics
567002 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
babluc, Martin6611, Deddiekoel, Herman1054, Fozzie1410

33214 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 183
MarioD 159