You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#254931 - 06/28/14 09:16 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander
ZACOUST Offline

Hello Everybody

I'am using an MS40 from the SOLTON Company , so appreciated by the accordion player.

I want to use the "Request" in the SysEx menu , but I can't find some KETRON/SOLTON in the shown menu to select my expander.

Do you know , if we can have an extended list for PGMUSIC or can we edit the relevant file to extend or parameter the list ?

Thank's for your help

#254942 - 06/28/14 12:32 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander [Re: ZACOUST]
Loc: Mi., USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_miscellaneous.htm

and

http://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_ptwpatchmap.htm

These may help; you can edit using the information in these links to create your own patch map

#255070 - 06/30/14 07:16 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander [Re: ZACOUST]
Loc: Barton-on-Sea,Hants,UK
LynB Offline
Veteran

I am not quite sure what you are after, but if you are interested, I have listed and used the Sysex for the basic Chorus, Reverb and Delay MIDI effects for the KETRON SD2. These Sysex codes can be copied easily to the Sysex Window in RB.

Again, if you after the Patch Map for the Ketron, I can oblige.

PM me and I will send you the relevant folders with instructions for use.

Lyn

#255123 - 06/30/14 06:59 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander [Re: ZACOUST]
rharv Offline
Veteran

I think he is looking for the Patch Map for the MS40.
http://www.synthony.com/vintage/ms40s.html

His best bet may be to search that term on the forums here, or just learn how to make one. I believe it had a GM set but he wants upper banks for it, from what I gather.

#255179 - 07/01/14 11:29 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander [Re: ZACOUST]
LynB Offline
Veteran

Looks interesting - happy hunting

#543816 - 07/02/19 02:23 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander [Re: LynB]
Loc: Wales
idgraham Offline
Apprentice

I apologise for resuscitating such an old thread. I am currently trying to find/(write?) a SysEx message to increase (lengthen) Attack and possibly Rise on the SD2. If LynB is still a member of this forum, I'd love to get in touch with him.
Sincerely
Ian G
Wales UK

#543856 - 07/02/19 05:18 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander [Re: ZACOUST]
rharv Offline
Veteran

SYSEX messages are usually found in the manual for the device (your SD2).
PT can send SYSEX messages if you enter them, but the manufacturer usually defines the values.

Search the SD2 PDF below for 'Attack' .. hope it helps; seems to define Attack parameters. (CTRL + F in browser worked for me to search it)

NRPN 0163H BnH 63H 01H 62H 63H 06H vv Env. attack time modify (vv=40H no modify)

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/87401.pdf

#543881 - 07/03/19 12:54 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander [Re: rharv]
idgraham Offline
Apprentice

Thank you for responding, and especially for the Sysex sentence.

Yes, I have the manual. The fact is, I've never 'done' sysex from scratch, and I'm somewhat 'lingering shivering on the brink'.

re
NRPN 0163H BnH 63H 01H 62H 63H 06H
I'll try that. What exact modification does it encode, so I know what I'm listening for ?

Many thanks again

Ian G.

#543968 - 07/03/19 04:15 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander [Re: ZACOUST]
rharv Offline
Veteran

It's in my post
"Env. attack time modify (vv=40H no modify)" - I thought that's what you were asking for.

The message should start/end with F0/F7 respectively.

The numbers are all that matter. NRPN just means Non-Registered Parameter Number
All the Hex Code (the middle row of numbers) should be in between a F0/F7

If you've not done this before there's good/bad news.
Good: sending a 'wrong' SYSEX message will not do anything harmful so pretty safe to experiment, and it's very cool and powerful when it does.
Bad: Without good examples for your specific device it will be difficult to have success, since every device has different requirements for the data.

I don't own your device so can't experiment but I would think with a little luck what they did supply in the manual will at least be a good clue.
According to the PDF it appears in the manual as below image shows
I assume the center row of Hex code between the opening and closing F0/F7 data.
'vv' is the attack value, and you'll have to get an understanding of Hex values to understand how to speed up the attack or slow it down (the vv part of the image/code)
SYSEX requires some working knowledge of Hex IMO.

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

Edited by rharv (07/03/19 04:22 PM)

#544140 - 07/05/19 02:06 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander [Re: rharv]
idgraham Offline
Apprentice

Thanks for another generous response.
And excuse my ignorance.

I asked again because I wasn't sure if the message specified a (quantitative) change - or, if not, whether a further message would be needed to do so.

I'm in a parallel struggle with usb midi leads at the moment, which has delayed my actually trying the message......

Thanks again

Ian G.

#544401 - 07/06/19 02:20 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander [Re: ZACOUST]
Loc: Rio Grande Valley, Texas
silvertones Offline
Veteran

If you're doing this in real time as a temporary change don't forget a sysex message to set it back. I think that's right isn't it rharv?
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php

#544407 - 07/06/19 02:31 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander [Re: ZACOUST]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Yes, if you need it to change back .. not sure if the OP wanted this to be a global change for the whole song or temporary.

#544413 - 07/06/19 02:46 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: SysEx with KETRON / SOLTON expander [Re: ZACOUST]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

It's been so long I can't remember. I'll stab at it. I think If he uses a sysex message to change say the envelope attack time it'll stick at that until changed or the unit is powered off. If he's using a sysex message statically because he doesn't like the patch he can then save the new patch.
Midiox is a great tool for this.
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php

PG Music News
RealBand® Turns 12!

RealBand® for Windows® is your all-in-one audio workstation and accompaniment program, and if you've purchased a copy of Band-in-a-Box® for Windows in the last decade, it's been included in your purchase!

We released RealBand in July 2008, along with Band-in-a-Box® 2008.5.

"RealBand brings a new level of ease and flexibility to anyone creating recordings. Record your own tracks, type in the chords, pick a style, and then add any MIDI or audio (Real) tracks to follow your chords - all in a single program. For example, type in chords to your song, generate a RealDrums track, record in your guitar and vocal parts. Then put on your 'arranger' hat and have some fun automatically adding RealTracks - maybe a guitar solo, or pedal steel background for the bridge."

We hope everyone enjoys using RealBand, which combines some great features from our PowerTracks Pro Audio program with the powerful accompaniment features from Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Spanish for Windows is Here!

¡Hay más de 50 nuevas características en Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Hay mejoras en RealTracks (RealTracks Vocal de Sonido más Suave, RealTracks Engrosamiento, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" y MultiRiffs). La mayoría de los RealDrums ahora tienen RealCharts (con notación de batería precisa). Hay un nuevo navegador de Artistas RealTracks para encontrar información / biografías / enlaces / listas de RealTracks en todos los artistas. Un nuevo Navegador de Funciones permite al usuario nuevo u "olvidadizo" encontrar y usar fácilmente la mayoría de las funciones / teclas de acceso rápido / documentos desde una sola ventana. Ecualizar Tempo permite cambiar una canción de rubato grabada a un tempo fijo. Tiempo de audio mejorado / estiramiento de tono (Elastique) incluido. Hay mejoras en el Selector de Canciones, Bajo/Batería o Batería solo Auto-Intros, 3.400 títulos añadidos, mejoras MusicXML, guitarra para "Zurdos" y "Vista de estudiante", mejoras de Arrastrar y Soltar, Ventana Múltiple del Mago del Acorde de Audio y mucho más!

COMPRE/ACTUALIZE Y DESCARGUE YA!

Video - Entering More Than 4 Chords Per Bar in Band-in-a-Box!

One of our latest support videos created by Tobin shows off a great workaround for entering more than 4 chords per bar in your Band-in-a-Box song, using a combination of half-time and normal RealTracks - check it out!

Video Testimonial - Dennis Dearing Talks Band-in-a-Box®

Dennis remembers Band-in-a-Box® from years ago, but his connection to Mike Harrison and hearing him talk about the RealTracks is what really got him excited about the program!

Hear his thoughts and see how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin for his projects with his Video Testimonial:

https://youtu.be/WqmtoxfJwDw

It's been a great addition to my workflow!
-Dennis Dearing

To learn more about Dennis, check out his testimonial page here.

You can create your own video testimonial letting people know how you use the program too! Learn how here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Polish for Windows is Here!

Dodaliśmy ponad 50 nowych funkcji do Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Są udoskonalenia ścieżek RealTracks (Delikatniej brzmiące wokale RealTracks, Pogrubianie RealTracks, funkcja "Znajdź odmianę" dla RealTracks i MultiRiffów). Większość RealDrums ma teraz RealCharts (z dokładną Notacją Bębnów). Jest nowa Przeglądarka Artystów RealTracks umożliwiające znalezienie informacji/biografii/linków/listy ścieżek RealTracks dla wszystkich artystów. Nowa Przeglądarka Funkcji pozwala nowym lub "zapominalskim" użytkownikom na łatwe znalezienie i użycie większości funkcji/skrótów/dokumentów z poziomu jednego okna. Funkcja Wyrównaj Tempo pozwala na zmianę utworu nagranego w rytmie rubato i dostosowanie go do ustalonego tempa. Udoskonalono funkcje rozciągania brzmień audio w czasie/wysokości dźwięku (Elastique). Są też udoskonalenia opcji Wybory Utworu, automatycznych wstępów na Basie/Bębnach lub tylko samych bębnach (Auto-Intros), dodano 3,400 tytułów, są udoskonalenia w zakresie MusicXML, mamy widok dla gitarzysty "Leworęcznego" oraz "Widok dla ucznia" przy grze na gitarze, udoskonalenia opcji Przeciągnij i Upuść, multi-okna wyświetlającego Magika Audio Akordów i wiele innych poprawek!

ZAKUP/UAKTUALNIJ & POBIERZ TERAZ!

Add-ons Special EXTENDED! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

DAW Plugin FAQs Resource!

We've added a new Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ to our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum - make sure you check it out!

This is where we'll be sharing any solutions we discover for frequent problems reported while working through our DAW Plugin tech support.

Like this post from Andrew: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A.
Click here for the solution.

Windows user? Click here for your forum links.

Forum Stats
32475 Members
68 Forums
65167 Topics
552180 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Lou S, DanDanDan, TVI, genecgp, tal

32475 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 185
Jim Fogle 153