Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#586982 - 03/21/20 07:09 PM [User Showcase] Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song)
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Because it's the right thing to do...

LET'S STAY IN

you've always been one
who enjoyed the spotlight
you love partying with friends
deep into the night
but lately things have gotten crazy
feels like we might drown
maybe we consider
slowing it down
let's go a different way
we can stay right here girl
what do you say

let's stay in
   seems like the best thing we can do
   baby let's stay in
   you take care of me
   i'll take care of you
   let's stay in

i know your friends play
fast and loose with the truth
believe it not
no one's bulletproof
so sooner or later
they'll be caught off guard
laugh all they want
it'll bring them down hard
so let's go a different way
what do you say

let's stay in
   baby let's stay in
   you take care of me
   i'll take care of you
   let's stay in

let's go a different way
what do you say

let's stay in
   baby let's stay in
   you take care of me
   i'll take care of you
   let's stay in
   let's stay in
   let's stay in
   wait for the fade
   let's stay in...

The BAND...
RealTracks in song: ~387:Bass, Electric, Metal Ev 085
RealTracks in song: ~2505:Piano, Electric, HeldChords 085
RealTracks in song: ~365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 3437:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BritPsycPopBalladHighDelay Ev 065
(with a S1 groove delay added)
RealTracks in song: 2745:Synth, Rhythm AltHipHopPadHeld Ev16 085
RealTracks in song: ~2267:Synth, BellPad, Rhythm 80sPopPads Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 3201:Guitar, Electric, Soloist LaidBackBluesyBrent Ev 100
Royalty Free Loops
MIDI tracks Created in Studio One Professional
I played an acoustic guitar track
Some harmonies are created using RealBand

You might as well comment. What else ya got to do?

Stay safe, y'all
Stay well.

fj

#586984 - 03/21/20 07:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Floyd ...

Musically, quite a bit different than what you usually do. But I like it!

As always, your track selection and mix is spot on. The lyric says it all. But I think your chorus, in it's simplicity and very appropriate message really captures the heart of the song. Well done and the best advice possible. When a song is well conceived, well constructed, well delivered, and says something worthwhile ... you can't do much better. Just my thoughts.

Take care and be safe.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#586985 - 03/21/20 07:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Nice .... Quick listen. I'll be back.

Really nice work. Positive and uplifting and throw in a love story ..... nice work

Edited by Guitarhacker (03/22/20 07:09 AM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#587020 - 03/22/20 04:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Man!

You really moved me with this one, floyd, and I think that's all that needs to be said!

Just what I needed to hear this morning smile

Blue Attitude Website

#587034 - 03/22/20 07:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Expert

FJ,
raising a bar in turbulent times takes skill and will. Excellent supportive song! You really got a hang of using contemporary sounds and still have a traditional Country feel of your tunes. Listens very smooth. When I try to do something like this, it either sounds too banal or too weird, you on the other hand found a solid middle ground fusing styles. Mix & vocals are A+ (I would not expect less smile )
Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#587037 - 03/22/20 07:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
BabuMusic Offline
Apprentice

Man, you are the master, floyd. You make me wanna kneel on the floor raising my arms up and down while bending my head low. Whenever I hear one of your productions, I always feel, "Yeah, that's what I want to be able to do." Well done! Well said!

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box & Cakewalk

#587044 - 03/22/20 07:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Dear Floyd,

WOW - I wouldn't be surprised if this song would break the charts...

Thanks a lot for chosing the subject, and thanks a lot for working it out with such a heck of a tune. Top-notch lyrics, fantastic melody (and what a chorus...), a great backing track and your vocals are simply gorgeous and very convincing.

Good, good, good....

Stay healthy, silverback !!!

Stefan

#587047 - 03/22/20 08:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
jptjptjpt Offline
Journeyman

Good song. Nice production. Outstanding use of BIAB. I like it.

#587057 - 03/22/20 08:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Loc: Midwest
1st verse...aw, a love song.
Chorus-See, this is nice
2nd verse-those people are idiots and they get what's coming to them. (Exaggeration) lol
Chorus to End-See, this is nice

Great section builds in this. Just the perfect song for current events. I hope it makes some people on both sides of the fence think!

What a cool song!

So, I responded and am now left with nothing to do. I guess I'll just sit here and wait until you post your next song later this morning. wink

Edited by HearToLearn (03/23/20 08:37 AM)
(Author Known)

#587074 - 03/22/20 10:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: Al-David]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Floyd ...

Musically, quite a bit different than what you usually do. But I like it!

As always, your track selection and mix is spot on. The lyric says it all. But I think your chorus, in it's simplicity and very appropriate message really captures the heart of the song. Well done and the best advice possible. When a song is well conceived, well constructed, well delivered, and says something worthwhile ... you can't do much better. Just my thoughts.

Take care and be safe.

Alan

Alan - glad to see you drop in. Thanks. I hope you are both staying in and staying well!!

Make some music. It's good for the soul.

smile

#587079 - 03/22/20 10:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: WV, USA
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Loc: WV, USA
Very well done Floyd!

#587091 - 03/22/20 12:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
This song captures the moment perfectly Floyd.

Yes, let's all hope people do just that.
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#587097 - 03/22/20 12:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
That's the way it's done. laugh

It's got the plausible deniability of appearing to be "just" a love song, with the specifics being vague enough to apply to just about any relationship.

Of course, well written, sung, and produced. Pop and fun to listen to - loved the claps and other loops.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#587106 - 03/22/20 01:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Ronnie Fields Offline
Enthusiast

Wow, what a wonderful song.I love it, that sounds like it is so professional!!

#587153 - 03/22/20 05:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: Ronnie Fields]
Loc: Hamlin NY
Happy Birthday MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Floyd you knocked it out of the park again!

A great message here.

This should be on the radio ASAP.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#587161 - 03/22/20 06:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Maryland
Great message plus love all the little touches in this that made it distinctive and come alive. We need a campaign to get this on the radio!!

#587176 - 03/22/20 07:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
floyd

Sublime use of all the elements used in making this song.
Wonderful melody, arrangement & vocal. Loved the ending.

Excellent, song writing at it's best!

Peter

#587203 - 03/23/20 03:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Expert

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
That's cool - a U2 style ballad in the backing and an fj style narrative & melody on top. Works wonderfully well.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#587254 - 03/23/20 09:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
This song will be around and relevant as a great song long after Covid-19. The lyrics are as appropriate to general 'love' as they may pertain to the virus.

Instrumentally and lyrically you've written a song that's as pertinent to life after Covid-19 as it is to our current circumstances. Every now and then a song comes along that touches us. You've hit on every now and on every then. You sure pulled it off with this one. It makes my list of favorite Floyd Jane songs...

Enjoyed my listen.

Edited by Charlie Fogle (03/23/20 05:25 PM)
Edit Reason: Improved Clarity

#587288 - 03/23/20 12:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: United Kingdom
Well, I loved this. Beautiful song, beautifully sung, beautiful lyrics ... and yes, a very important message, too. You're an incredible musician, floyd jane. Bravo.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Just Got Better!

All our Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows users will be thrilled with the enhancements added with the latest FREE Update (build 715)!

The program stability is vastly improved, with fewer possible crashes, BeStPlain chord font support has been added for additional chords, mid/xml/mxl file import has been tweaked to better handle certain cases (e.g. ties, zero duration drum notes), there is improved the stability of the audio chord wizard, and more.

Plus, hundreds of RealTracks files have been enhanced and improved with simpler options for RealTracks and MIDI SuperTracks, smoother transitions, updated RealCharts and Hi-Q RealCharts, improved transcriptions, and revised endings! Check out the full list of RealTracks and other Add-on improvements with build 715 here.

We didn't stop there – the VST DAW Plugin is also updated with this patch, adding TONS of enhancements and a new Shortcuts file feature! Now you can easily zoom within the Plugin, smoothly drag tracks, use the P hotkey to toggle between part markers, transpose chords to "natural accidentals," the scrolling has been improved, and more!

Read the detailed list of enhancements included in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 build 715 for Windows or download it here.

Using the Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Pro or MegaPAK? Upgrade to the UltraPAK today to get the most out of the latest build 715!

Holiday Hours - Happy Easter!

Our Easter Weekend hours are:

Customer Service:
April 10 - Good Friday: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST (GMT -8)
April 11 - Saturday: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST (GMT -8) (regular hours of operation)
April 12 - Easter Sunday: Closed.
April 13 - Easter Monday: 6:00AM to 6:00PM PST (GMT -8) (regular hours of operation)

Technical Service:
Closed April 10-12 (Will re-open Monday, April 13 at 10:00AM PST)

All of our hours list here.

New with Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - MultiRiffs!

This feature was initially offered with the VST DAW Plugin, and now it's available directly in Band-in-a-Box®! MultiRiffs allows you to quickly generate 7 variations of either a portion of the track (which would generate 7 variations of "Riffs" of a four-bar guitar solo), or the whole song with 7 variations that are generated to play different material at all times.

Read all about this feature here, or check out our New Features Video (46:00) to see it in action!

Interview: Aaron Short & PG Music's Tobin!

Check out Aaron Short's LIVE interview with PG Music's Tobin!
Click here to watch.

This was recorded LIVE at 1pm PST, April 8, 2020.

#TipTuesday - The Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Feature Browser

Don't forget about the new Feature Browser added to Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac! (and Windows)

This feature is GREAT to help you locate a feature within the program!

How does it work? Access this feature by clicking on the [?] button on the main screen of the program or pressing the / Enter keys on the Chord Sheet. This dialog lists many features of the program and allows you to browse them, find the feature by text filter, read descriptions about the feature, find how to launch the feature, access to the online information or video about the feature, and do more.

Examples of a few situations where this feature is helpful:
-You know about a feature but don't know how to find it. Just type a part of the feature name and you'll see the hotkeys, menu, and toolbar info on how to launch it. For example, if you want to launch the Chord Builder but don’t know how to do it, type "builder" in the text filter, and you will quickly find the Chord Builder.
-You are exploring available features for Band-in-a-Box. For example, if you are a guitar player, type the word "guitar" and you'll see what's available.
-You prefer "one-stop-shopping" and would like to launch features from the same dialog.
-You are learning the program and like to browse or watch videos about topics you're interested in.
-You can't remember hotkeys and want to review them.

Read more about this new feature here, or watch the video.

Don't Wait to Start with Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac - Download Now!

Want to get started with the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac right away?

Order now and start downloading Band-in-a-Box® 2020 right away!

Place your order before April and up to 50% off of your upgrade! You'll also receive a Free Bonus PAK full of amazing Add-ons, which you can upgrade to the 49-PAK for just $49 and add even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks)!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac packages page for all the purchase options available.

Having your order shipped? Your PG Music Inc. online account will list your purchase under "My Products" - you can download while you wait!

Band-in-a-Box® for Mac Patch Updates Ready! (2019 & 2020)

We've JUST released FREE Updates for existing Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2019 and 2020 program users!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Update - Build 407
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Update - Build 323

What do these include?

Summary of changes for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Update - Build 407: (get it here)
Fixed: RealDrums Quick List was empty if launched from main toolbar.
Improved: Bootup time is faster.
Fixed: It is not possible to type ^ (caret symbol for pushes) in chordsheet if using an Italian keyboard layout.
Fixed: Opening songs from older versions might misinterpret song title as ?.
Fixed: Buttons in Custom toolbar are not draggable.
Fixed: The time signature button on the main toolbar did not do anything.
Fixed: A maximum of 1990 MIDI events are loaded from a song file into the Melody or Soloist track.
Fixed: RealDrums Quick List menu item did not do anything.
Fixed: Find a Sub for RealDrums menu item did not do anything.
Fixed: Various problems with localized versions.
Fixed: Some style demos for the newest RealTracks would not play.
Fixed: Song title will be changed to ? when re-saving if it previously contained international characters like é or ©.

DAW Plugin 2.5.18
Fixed: "Open Recent" opened file chooser dialog
Fixed: Unfold feature not working with some songs
Fixed: Choruses not resetting when playback is stopped in DAW
Fixed: Chord superscripts
Fixed: Clicking zoom many times will crash standalone plugin
Fixed: Undo removes all chords after opening a song
Fixed: Buzzing sound in Studio One
Fixed: Plugin determining chord accidentals now matches main program
Fixed: Removed alert menu when sync playing tracks that are not up-to-date (generated).
Fixed: Cancelling generate made song lose "dirty" state
Fixed: All selected tracks should drag from the plugin
Fixed: Shortcut file feature not working always working. Support was also added for pgshortc.txt files
Fixed: Double clicking grey area in chord sheet started playback
Fixed: Bar highlighting skipped last chorus when the start bar is greater than 1
Fixed: Right-click on bar should first launch popup menu
Fixed: Double clicking anywhere on a track should open its picker
Added: About to File Menu
Added: "year" to plugin name
Fixed: remove sync tempo button if already synced
Fixed: improve 2 finger scroll (too fast)

Summary of changes for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Update - Build 323: (get it here)
Fixed: Bootup time is faster.
Fixed: It is not possible to type ^ (caret symbol for pushes) in chordsheet if using an Italian keyboard layout.
Fixed: Opening songs from older versions might misinterpret song title as ?.
Fixed: The time signature button on the main toolbar did not do anything.
Fixed: A maximum of 1990 MIDI events are loaded from a song file into the Melody or Soloist track.
Fixed: Various problems with localized versions.

Forum Stats
31633 Members
65 Forums
63470 Topics
537356 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Rylander, servais, lekanout, eja411, stratusphunk

31633 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 217
Matt Finley 212