Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#592599 - 04/17/20 03:37 PM [User Showcase] The Front Lines (Thank You)
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

I wanted it to write a positive and uplifting song for these times. I figured the best way was to say "thank you." That was the concept. smile

A lot of words. Even at that, way too many to thank.

Comments always appreciated.

The Front Lines (Thank You)

THE FRONT LINES (Thank You)

These are times like we’ve never seen before
It’s on TV
And it’s right outside of our doors
If we’re even gonna win this unexpected war
We need to stay safe inside

But then there are those
Who’ve had to answer a call
To be there for us
In spite of it all

So…
Thank you to you
Who stand on the front lines
Remember What you’re doin’
Is somebody’s lifeline

How do we say
When you’re put in harm's way
Thank you to you who
Stand on the front lines

To the one
Washing carts
To the one at the drive thru
To the clerk, the farmer, banker, plumber, grocer,
To all of you

That when it needs to be done
You are the ones
That come thru
So thank you to you who
Stand on the front lines

I’m saying my prayers
From down on my knees
For God to protect them
From this awful disease
For the mothers and fathers
The sons, and the daughters
Keep them all safe
Far and wide

They are the ones
Who’ve had to answer this call
To be there for us
In spite of it all

Thank you to you
Remember What you’re doin’
Is somebody’s lifeline

How do we say
When you’re put in harm's way
Thank you to you

To the truck drivers
And utility workers
To the pilot, installer, mechanic, and order takers

When it needs to be done
You are the ones
That come thru
So thank you to you
The front lines

(solo)

A salute to those
Serving in the armed forces
Ready for the call
Whatever the cause is

To the first responders
To those in medical services
To the EMT’s
The Doctors and the nurses

To the gas station attendant
And delivery driver
To the stocker, hotel staff, cashier
And the postal worker

Just too many to list
No job too small
The heroes of our nation
All for one, one for all

Thank you!
We thank you!
Thank you to you who

RT1255:Bass, Electric, PopShining
RT1264:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopShining
RT1259:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopShiningRock
RT380:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Syncopated Sugar
RT1260:Guitar, Electric, Soloist PopShining
RT688:Organ, B3, Background Pop
RT1030:Guitar, 12-String Electric, Fingerpicking

Drum Set Samples (Slate Audio)
Marching Snare, Canyon Drums, Chime, Tamb, and End Piano Note (EastWest)
Reverse Snare I made

Edited by HearToLearn (04/18/20 04:02 PM)
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#592614 - 04/17/20 04:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) [Re: HearToLearn]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Caron

Utterly superb!

Rousing, stirring, and an impeccable production.

Too many good things happening to comment on them all.

Hopefully this will be heard widely outside this forum.

Peter

#592686 - 04/18/20 01:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) [Re: HearToLearn]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
This is easily one of the best songs that has ever been posted to this forum, just outstanding in every way!

I agree with Peter, this needs to be heard outside of this forum, I'm sure it would be a runaway hit.

Very, very good, Caaron!!

#592736 - 04/18/20 07:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) [Re: HearToLearn]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Caaron,

That SCREAMS "radio hit" "straight to #1". Right now. Hope this is making the Nashville rounds "as we speak".

An excellent write. It is a lot of words, but none that don't "do their job". Nice that you do get so many different angles covered. The services/nurses rhyme is awesome.

The production and mix is top notch. Nice bass sound. Awesome drum sound. The drive of the bass and drums with a clear vocal that sits perfectly - "up front" without being "above the mix". And - holy moly - what an incredible vocalist!!

I would guess that is you playing drums? Almost seems like cheating smile STELLAR.

I am expecting to hear this on the radio.
Within a week? Two at the most.
Hopefully - for the sake of us all - your window on this is VERY small.
Nonetheless it deserves millions of listens.

fj

#592739 - 04/18/20 07:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) [Re: HearToLearn]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
What a great tribute. So well said, and an outstanding production.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper & Cakewalk

#592809 - 04/18/20 01:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) [Re: PeterF]
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Caron

Utterly superb!

Peter

Wow, thank you for the listen and complimentary review. I always value your music, so what you said means a lot.

It would be great if it ends up outside of this forum. Time will tell. smile
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#592814 - 04/18/20 01:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) [Re: HearToLearn]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
This is exceptionally good.

Very uplifting, dynamic, and tells the message perfectly.

Every part of this is just so well done. Congrats!
BIAB & RB2021(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#592816 - 04/18/20 02:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) [Re: HearToLearn]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Can someone say "radio ready"? A lot can be said about this write, arrangement, production and performance but it's more rewarding to go back a listen again. Excellent and relevant song. I hope it gets the recognition it deserves. Enjoyed my listen.

#592836 - 04/18/20 03:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) [Re: HearToLearn]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Caaron,

This is awesome and pure Magic.

Yeah, this is a hit for sure man.

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#592904 - 04/19/20 06:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) [Re: BlueAttitude]
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
This is easily one of the best songs that has ever been posted to this forum, just outstanding in every way!

I agree with Peter, this needs to be heard outside of this forum, I'm sure it would be a runaway hit.

Very, very good, Caaron!!

Dave I'm a big fan of you work. To me, you are the master of tone. Your songs are always top notch! So your comments really hit home. Thank you!

As far as it being heard outside of the forum, it's being worked on. Time will tell. I'm hopeful, but realistic. Ya gotta go for it though, right?

Thanks again for the very kind compliments and encouragement.

#592952 - 04/19/20 08:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) [Re: floyd jane]
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Caaron,

That SCREAMS "radio hit" "straight to #1". Right now. Hope this is making the Nashville rounds "as we speak".

It's hard to get anything to move fast in that town. wink Hopefully!

Quote:
An excellent write. It is a lot of words, but none that don't "do their job". Nice that you do get so many different angles covered. The services/nurses rhyme is awesome.

Overall a bit more simplistic; but I didn't want it to be complicated.
Apparently a lot of words aren't so hard to write as they are to sing. grin
Thanks for noticing.

Quote:
The production and mix is top notch. Nice bass sound. Awesome drum sound. The drive of the bass and drums with a clear vocal that sits perfectly - "up front" without being "above the mix". And - holy moly - what an incredible vocalist!!

It's amazing how other people can make your song sound...including BIAB!
The sounds themselves are still about 80% BIAB. I got compliments on how easy the tracks where to work with.

Quote:
I would guess that is you playing drums? Almost seems like cheating smile STELLAR.

There is one specific fill at the end that I questioned doing; but was advised TO DO it! "It needs something at that build that brings it up to date." Apparently my alternate take wasn't enough. There sure are blurred lines in genres now.
Thanks for noting the drums. I'll admit, with their mix, especially the kick and snare, are hard to miss.

Quote:
I am expecting to hear this on the radio.
Within a week? Two at the most.
Hopefully - for the sake of us all - your window on this is VERY small.
Nonetheless it deserves millions of listens.

One way or another it will get "out there." I'm in a weird hold for I believe 2 more days. Then we will see. I'm getting antsy. There's a window of how long this will be relevant AND accepted. There's also that window of other writers. eek

Thank you SO very much for your kind words and observations. I know things aren't lost on you by any means. I also want to thank you for the inspiration in becoming a better me. Not just in song writing either. smile Thanks friend!

#592975 - 04/19/20 12:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) [Re: HearToLearn]
Loc: United States
Ronnie Fields Offline
Apprentice

Loc: United States
Wow, what a song. I can envision a video being made to this wonderful tribute to the "Front Line"!! In fact, my daughter said she could see Toby Keith doing this one!!

Edited by Ronnie Fields (04/19/20 02:06 PM)

#593012 - 04/19/20 02:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Caron

Utterly superb!

Peter

I completely agree!

If I were you I would post this on every site that you can. Of course you should copyright first.

I truly believe this outstanding song should be heard by more than just the people on this forum.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#593022 - 04/19/20 03:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) [Re: HearToLearn]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Very good! Modern country with a sensational vocal, highly professional production and all the words don`t matter( and boy, doesn`t the singer make them tumble out beautifully), when you have such a good chorus hook.
Fantastic.

Robert

#593036 - 04/19/20 04:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) [Re: HearToLearn]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Hear to Learn,

First off, killer vocals on this. I mean, really good. The whole song has a very contemporary sound—definitely radio play type material, and I hope it goes there. Excellent production, and nice touch with the marching drums sound in the bridge. Lyrically sound and obviously very relevant. Very impressive work here. Good luck with this one!

Best regards,

Deej

#593080 - 04/19/20 09:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) [Re: HearToLearn]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Fantastic vocals, great hook, you should be proud. Here and there it might have too many words, but a little tweaking would solve that, I think. Great job on every other level, and what was that trick at 2:25, that was boss! So professional! What a standard to set!

#593082 - 04/19/20 10:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) [Re: HearToLearn]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Canberra, Australia
I totally agree with previous comments. Really well written, great production and first class vocal performance. A song for the moment.
Regards,
Leon

#593112 - 04/20/20 05:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) [Re: BabuMusic]
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
What a great tribute. So well said, and an outstanding production.

Thanks Marty, I was hoping it would be. Thank you for the kind comments! They mean a lot. smile

-C.Aaron

#593152 - 04/20/20 08:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) [Re: HearToLearn]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Caaron,

What a good song you made! I can only join all those others who think this too. Dave said it so well in that matter (the others too, but he was first ;-).
You have a very strong, powerful voice. Also the lyrics were very well written and so to the point.
The melody is perfect for this kind of song and you gave it a very strong content. Why don't 'some' politicians in your country don't talk like this! Try to find an external broadcast to spread out the message!

Thanks,
Hans

Edited by Birchwood (04/21/20 04:11 AM)

#593155 - 04/20/20 08:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Front Lines (Thank You) [Re: HearToLearn]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
What an awesome vocal. Very cool backtrack. Excellent lyric. Well done...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Spanish for Windows is Here!

En PG Music tenemos el placer de anunciar la disponibilidad de Band-in-a-Box 2021 en Español. Despues de arduo trabajo hemos agregado, entre otras cosas, 80 funciones nuevas y una gran colección de nuevas incorporaciones y contenido que incluyen 202 RealTracks, nuevos RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Estudios Instrumentales, Interpretaciones de Artistas, RealDrums 'Single' adicionales, transcripciones de RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 ¡y mucho mas!

Nuevas características | Todos los Paquetes

New Update Available for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 today!

We've applied some updates to a variety of Add-ons, improved transcriptions and simple tags, resolved playback issues with MIDI tracks, and more. Plus, this free update adds the latest DAW Plugin 3.46!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Polish for Windows is Here!

Efektem naszej ciężkiej pracy w ostatnim czasie jest m.in. dodanie 80 nowych funkcji i wspaniałej kolekcji nowych dodatków i zawartości, które obejmują 202 RealTracks, nowe RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Studia Instrumentalne, Wykonania Artystów, dodatkowe RealDrums "Pojedyncze ", transkrypcje RealDrums, pakiet MultiStyles PAK 1, Pakiet Xtra Styles PAK 10 i wiele innych!

Nowych | Pakiety

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Dutch for Windows is Here!

We zijn bezig geweest en hebben 80 nieuwe functies toegevoegd en een verbazingwekkende collectie van nieuwe inhoud, inclusief 202 RealTracks, nieuwe RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumentale Studies, Artiest Uitvoeringen, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums transcripties, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Stijlen PAK 10 en meer!

Nieuwe Functies | Pakketten

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Danish for Windows is Here!

Vi har haft travlt, og har tilføjet 80 nye funktioner og en fantastisk samling af nyt indhold, bl.a. 202 RealTracks, nye RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transsriptioner, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 og meget mere!

Hvan er Nyt | Pakker

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Update Available!

The latest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 update for Windows enhances the JukeBox, adds a "Set all tracks to this:" option to the MIDI import dialog, improves chord sheet view during playback, and more!

Learn more & download this free update.

Read the patch announcement.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Swedish for Windows is Here!

Vi har varit flitiga och lagt till över 80 nya funktioner och en fantastisk samling av nytt innehåll, innefattande 202 RealTracks, nya RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, med mera!

Paket | Vad är nytt

Forum Stats
34266 Members
67 Forums
69149 Topics
593877 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Stiobard, mikeswell23, slotz, Rhume123, GoGirlGuitar

34265 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 199