You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#600432 - 06/04/20 10:06 AM [User Showcase] Bolero Semitriste - Dedicated to the great Cuban Boleros
Loc: Munich
Salsito Offline
Enthusiast

https://soundcloud.com/salsito-136690257/bolero-semitriste

Cuban Bolero guitar quartet REAL Style

Composed & played by me in Lockdown Munich City

Dedicated to the great Cuban Boleros - I played:

Clarinet 62 er Noblet/Paris
Keilwerth Alto
GB 200 Jazzguitar
Camps Concierto Flamenca

Presonus Studio One DAW

#600531 - 06/04/20 10:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: Bolero Semitriste - Dedicated to the great Cuban Boleros [Re: Salsito]
Loc: Chicago, IL
EdZ314 Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Chicago, IL
This is excellent. Very professional sound, and just a pleasure to listen to. I would love to hear this on a good HiFi, but sadly I don't have one right now - hopefully some of the other members hear can give that a try.

Soundcloud profile
https://soundcloud.com/user-415064494
BIAB user since 2019
iPad Mini, Garageband for iOS, BIAB for Windows 2020 UltraPAK, Xtra Styles packs 6-9, Windows 10 Lenovo PC, Kontakt Player, SpitFire LABS, SampleTank 4 CS, some Soundfonts

#600535 - 06/04/20 11:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Bolero Semitriste - Dedicated to the great Cuban Boleros [Re: Salsito]
Loc: Texas, United States
TexasFrets Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Texas, United States
Very nice. A pleasure to listen to.

#600541 - 06/05/20 12:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Bolero Semitriste - Dedicated to the great Cuban Boleros [Re: Salsito]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Lovely reedy tone from the clarinet.
Nice.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#600556 - 06/05/20 01:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Bolero Semitriste - Dedicated to the great Cuban Boleros [Re: Salsito]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Guten Tag!

Es freut mich Sie kennen zu lernen! Ich bin Amerikanner, aber wohnte ich fast 12 Jahren im Deutschland - nicht zu viet von Kaiserslautern.

This is very pretty. I agree with Ray's comment about the clarinet. This is very nice! I truly enjoyed my listen!

Wishing you the best. Be safe ...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#600582 - 06/05/20 03:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Bolero Semitriste - Dedicated to the great Cuban Boleros [Re: Salsito]
Salsito Offline
Enthusiast

Thank you all for your friendly comments! Good for me to get response for my kind of music!

... my clarinet is from 1962 & is a sweet Instrument!

Pardon my english please & stay safe!

#600648 - 06/05/20 08:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Bolero Semitriste - Dedicated to the great Cuban Boleros [Re: Salsito]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Beautiful piece of music. Love the clarinet. Lovely tone. Super backtrack. Welcome to the forum. Look forward to hearing more of your music

#600734 - 06/05/20 05:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Bolero Semitriste - Dedicated to the great Cuban Boleros [Re: Salsito]
Loc: Florida, USA
cubanpete Offline
Expert

Loc: Florida, USA
Hi Salsito, muy bueno. Enjoyed a lot, music from my homeland. Nice playing.

Mike B.

#600912 - 06/06/20 09:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: Bolero Semitriste - Dedicated to the great Cuban Boleros [Re: Salsito]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Lot of talent there, Monsieur Multi-Instrumentalist! Really enjoyed every minute of it.

#600926 - 06/07/20 02:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Bolero Semitriste - Dedicated to the great Cuban Boleros [Re: cubanpete]
Salsito Offline
Enthusiast

Hola, Mike,

I tried to play in cuban style ... and it is a big compliment for me when a native cuban likes my music ... thanks!

We've been in Cuba many times since the 80ies and i made some percussion, dance & guitar course there - nice experience and friendly people.

Baila! ;-) y saludos ...
Ralf

P.S. I will put another song here in the forum soon in that style

#600927 - 06/07/20 02:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Bolero Semitriste - Dedicated to the great Cuban Boleros [Re: TuneMonger]
Salsito Offline
Enthusiast

Thank you very much, I really like to explore possibilities of instruments, always new challenge & inspiration... Greetings from Munich!

PG Music News
A Look Back - Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac

In May 2009, we released Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac to the world, unleashing automatic REAL accompaniment to the MacIntel community!

This highly anticipated release brought with it RealTracks, RealDrums, the Audio Chord Wizard, Audio Rendering, MultiStyles, an updated GUI, and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® 2009 Introduction Video for a blast-from-the-past! Watch video...
(This is an easy-to-follow explanation of RealTracks & RealDrums that even a seasoned user will enjoy!)

We had also made a video highlighting the advanced features released with Version 2009: Watch now

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker can show information for up to 60,000 song files and can be customized to point to any folder on your computer, allowing easy access to your own song files or Band-in-a-Box® demo files!

Once you've chosen your folder and rebuilt your list, you are able to filter the list, adjust the width of the columns, see the chord sheet within the SongPicker Window, and more! The filter feature is incredibly specific too - you can even filter by Songs with Custom Chord Progression!

Read more about the SongPicker: Windows | Mac.

We created a video explaining the SongPicker using Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - check it out!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® Transpose From .. To .. Tutorial

Make sure you check out our latest video if you want to see how to transpose a portion of your song! Click here to watch...

Learn even more about transposing within Band-in-a-Box with our online manual: Windows | Mac.

The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs

Happy National Dictionary Day!*

Head to our Other Windows Software page to find programs like PowerTracks, GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country, Video Guitar Lessons, and more!

Scroll down and you'll find our Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary programs. Each Chord Dictionary allows you to choose a root note to select the chord you want to learn, and it will be displayed on-screen with either the piano keyboard or the guitar fretboard!

In the Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary you can change the sounds within the Settings window, whether it be the Root note or the Chord, and it doesn't even have to be a guitar or piano! Looking through the options, there's various piano choices, guitar choices, organ, etc. - but you can also choose more unique sounds like the tuba, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, and more!

*October 16th

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by C. Dan Roberts

Our latest Video Testimonial comes from C. Dan Roberts, and his enthusiasm for Band-in-a-Box® is inspiring!

Watch the video...

Do you have a video testimonial that you would like to share? Contact us at marketing@pgmusic.com.

Visit C. Dan Roberts testimonial page here.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

Today* is National Train Your Brain Day!

You can definitely do that with Band-in-a-Box®

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access.

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games (Pitch Invasion is my favorite!), access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu (like Trade 4s, woodshed tempo, etc.), and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Resources:
Windows Online Manual: Practice Window
Mac Online Manual: Tools, Wizards, Tutors, and Fun

*October 13

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Updates for Windows & Mac!

We've just released FREE Updates for both Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows & Mac program users!

With the latest update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, you can now choose the "Save Exact Chord Text" checkbox to the Save XML dialog, there are VST feature updates, Audio Chord Wizard enhancements, updated program messages, we've applied fixes to an assortment of user-reported issues, and the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 Update has been added too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 734 and download it here.

The newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac update also includes VST feature updates, as well as RealTracks & RealDrums Picker enhancements, smoother 'tabbing' between dialog windows, and additional fixes applied to an assortment of user-reported issues. If you missed adding the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 update from September, it will be added with this update too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 420 and download it here.

Forum Stats
33067 Members
68 Forums
66602 Topics
566655 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
glenn miner, Babu Joseph, Dama, popo55, Evert

33066 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Janice & Bud 145
Planobilly 138