#609721 - 08/07/20 05:23 AM [User Showcase] For Heavens Sake
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

For Heavens Sake

The band:

RealTracks in song: 3099:Organ, Rhythm AmericanaSlow16thsMike Ev16 060
RealTracks in song: 2879:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AmericanaSparseSlow16thsColin Ev16 060

Vocal: Chris Spruit
Bass: Marty Straub
Guitars: Dave Bell
Drums: EZDrummer2

I ended up recording five guitar tracks for this (not all playing at the same time wink )

Mixed in Reaper, mastered with Ozone.

For Heavens Sake (2020, Christiane Spruit)

In my tunes
in my tunes blue
nights come crawling
back home to me
now and then
in those times
in those times
I am holding myself
upright
for me to stay
safe
for heaven's sake

Bringing the blue
into my room
laying my heart down
next to you
your picture in the frame
looks as if it's going to say
all broken hearts must cry

Hurting you
did hurt me too
caught our love by the blade, instead
avoiding the pain
Like a cut
like a cut
that opens up
again
now and then
grace
for heaven’s sake

Also up on soundcloud: For Heavens Sake

and youtube:

All comments welcome!

Edited by BlueAttitude (08/09/20 02:15 AM)
Edit Reason: added youtube and soundcloud links

Blue Attitude Website

#609724 - 08/07/20 05:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi there, Chris, Dave & Marty,

This band just gets better and better.

The first thing that struck me is how Chris's voice is developing
with each successive song. So professional in her phrasing and the
amount of emotion she pours into the lyrics.

Fabulous guitar work here as well - some of your very best, Dave.
And Marty, doing exactly what a great bass player should do - always
sympathetic to the track, always underpinning the excellent backing.

And the arrangement - so accomplished, so well thought out, maintaining
interest from start to interrupted finish.

Did I say I liked it?

ROG.

#609729 - 08/07/20 06:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Wauconda, Il.
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Wauconda, Il.
Nothing not to like here! Good job folks. The guitar solo starting at 3:34 was especially tasty.

#609752 - 08/07/20 09:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

A very long and totally convincing intro shows you guys really are at the top of the game.
I agree with ROG- Chris raises the bar on her vocals here; there`s more presence and emotion than ever.
Nice layers on those guitars and that outro:whoa!!
Its going to be unavoidable... you`ll be hearing "your best yet" many times.

Robert

#609768 - 08/07/20 11:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Loved this Dave. Chris’s vocal was perfect. Loved your guitar work. Tone was so bright and crisp. I must add to Rogs comments on Marty’s bass lines. When I am looking for things to add to a song I mute all the tracks except the bass and drums. He has a great feel. This is a very cool song.

#609769 - 08/07/20 12:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Dave / Chris,

This is as good as it gets. Outstanding vocals and really sharp crisp production.

The best!

Bob

#609803 - 08/07/20 06:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
jptjptjpt Offline
Journeyman

Fantastic tune! I love the electric guitar. Outstanding. Wonderful vocals. Love the bass lines. Excellent work. The band is holding its own too.

Great work to everyone!

#609829 - 08/08/20 03:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: ROG]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi there, Chris, Dave & Marty,

This band just gets better and better.

The first thing that struck me is how Chris's voice is developing
with each successive song. So professional in her phrasing and the
amount of emotion she pours into the lyrics.

Fabulous guitar work here as well - some of your very best, Dave.
And Marty, doing exactly what a great bass player should do - always
sympathetic to the track, always underpinning the excellent backing.

And the arrangement - so accomplished, so well thought out, maintaining
interest from start to interrupted finish.

Did I say I liked it?

ROG.

Thanks for mentioning the arrangement, that is something we spent quite a bit of time with. And thanks for mentioning the guitar too of course wink And yeah, Marty always delivers the perfect part for the song.

I passed along your comments to Chris smile

Thanks for the support, ROG, we appreciate it!

Blue Attitude Website

#609843 - 08/08/20 06:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Dave, Chris & Marty.

Y'all are making killer music.

Loved the opening. A nice delay on the guitar. Cool tone.

Both the organ and bass are "sexy" - both in tone and playing.

Chris' vocal is every bit as "sexy" as the underlying tracks. Might be her best ever - they seem to notch up a little more each time - amazing.

A gorgeous guitar solo. Soulful.

There is SO much over-the-top-good. Pro-level.

Loved the ending!

Great. Music.

fj

#609845 - 08/08/20 06:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
Dark and beautiful. The drum pulse is like a heartbeat that underpins the whole thing. The guitars are stunning. The vocals beautiful. The writing sublime. All of it so professionally done. Congratulations!

#609849 - 08/08/20 07:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

That is some solid modern blues at it's best. Great breaks and drum fills. The guitar swells on the first verse fills were inspired. Solid as a rock bass lines and I agree that the vocal may be the best yet from Chris. I thought the guitar volume levels were on the money and the overall mix sounded great. You three are on a tear. Great stuff and these observations come from a lifelong lover of the blues, Tom

#609870 - 08/08/20 10:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Excellent playing on everything. Nice subtle vocal harmony. Enjoyed the build through the song, and killer guitar playing.

Love the mix - every note of the vocals, solo, and even the guitar harmonics come through clearly, and every note counts.

smile

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#609918 - 08/08/20 04:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Boy, that is some fine, fine stuff!!! The band just gels so well, and Chris' voice gets better and better.......tons of emotion in this vocal!! And Dave's soaring lead over Marty's sweet bass rounds out a great production!! Great work by all!! Take care. Greg

#609926 - 08/08/20 05:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Really liked this a lot, all the attention to detail paid off. Terrific synergy. More than 'kept my attention,' this kept me thrilled throughout. Great work!

#609927 - 08/08/20 05:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
Absolutely love the intro...best I've heard in a long time from anyone.

The vocal/melody has a slight slight Twin Peaks feel, which I live very much.

Those five guitar tracks give this a rich sound.

Marty's bass sounds great in my new speakers.

#609929 - 08/08/20 05:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
The dynamics really create the drama to support the narrative.
Holes and parred down parts that create anticipation.
There's the occasional touch of Chris Issacs guitar to go with the soaring lead licks.
Nothing to not enjoy...the package is excellent.

Edited by rayc (08/08/20 05:41 PM)
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#609939 - 08/08/20 08:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Dave, Chris & Marty (and the organ guy)

Wonderful - loved the intro and the outro solo was superb.

Excellent vocal and bass, production and song writing.

Well done to all involved.

Peter

#609940 - 08/08/20 08:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Blue A.
Cool intro! Guitar(s) is/are an ear opener. Very emotional, intimate vocals, almost gypsy music influenced. Very balance between achieving perfection and yet not being uptight. Liked it a lot!

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#609954 - 08/09/20 02:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: Robertkc]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Nothing not to like here! Good job folks. The guitar solo starting at 3:34 was especially tasty.

Appreciate that, Dan, thanks!

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
A very long and totally convincing intro shows you guys really are at the top of the game.
I agree with ROG- Chris raises the bar on her vocals here; there`s more presence and emotion than ever.
Nice layers on those guitars and that outro:whoa!!
Its going to be unavoidable... you`ll be hearing "your best yet" many times.

Robert

Thanks very much, Robert!

Blue Attitude Website

#609989 - 08/09/20 07:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: rsdean]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved this Dave. Chris’s vocal was perfect. Loved your guitar work. Tone was so bright and crisp. I must add to Rogs comments on Marty’s bass lines. When I am looking for things to add to a song I mute all the tracks except the bass and drums. He has a great feel. This is a very cool song.

Hey Scott, I thought that tone worked well for the intro. Went back to my normal blues/rock tone for the solo though. Thanks for the listen/comments!

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Dave / Chris,

This is as good as it gets. Outstanding vocals and really sharp crisp production.

The best!

Bob

Thanks, Bob!

Blue Attitude Website

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32847 Members
68 Forums
66157 Topics
561802 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
live the dream, ROCQK, faturner, AveryT, Hans Franz 12

32847 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 168
VideoTrack 148