#609721 - 08/07/20 05:23 AM [User Showcase] For Heavens Sake
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

For Heavens Sake

The band:

RealTracks in song: 3099:Organ, Rhythm AmericanaSlow16thsMike Ev16 060
RealTracks in song: 2879:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AmericanaSparseSlow16thsColin Ev16 060

Vocal: Chris Spruit
Bass: Marty Straub
Guitars: Dave Bell
Drums: EZDrummer2

I ended up recording five guitar tracks for this (not all playing at the same time wink )

Mixed in Reaper, mastered with Ozone.

For Heavens Sake (2020, Christiane Spruit)

In my tunes
in my tunes blue
nights come crawling
back home to me
now and then
in those times
in those times
I am holding myself
upright
for me to stay
safe
for heaven's sake

Bringing the blue
into my room
laying my heart down
next to you
your picture in the frame
looks as if it's going to say
all broken hearts must cry

Hurting you
did hurt me too
caught our love by the blade, instead
avoiding the pain
Like a cut
like a cut
that opens up
again
now and then
grace
for heaven’s sake

Also up on soundcloud: For Heavens Sake

and youtube:

All comments welcome!

Edited by BlueAttitude (08/09/20 02:15 AM)
Edit Reason: added youtube and soundcloud links

#609724 - 08/07/20 05:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi there, Chris, Dave & Marty,

This band just gets better and better.

The first thing that struck me is how Chris's voice is developing
with each successive song. So professional in her phrasing and the
amount of emotion she pours into the lyrics.

Fabulous guitar work here as well - some of your very best, Dave.
And Marty, doing exactly what a great bass player should do - always
sympathetic to the track, always underpinning the excellent backing.

And the arrangement - so accomplished, so well thought out, maintaining
interest from start to interrupted finish.

Did I say I liked it?

ROG.

#609729 - 08/07/20 06:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Wauconda, Il.
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Wauconda, Il.
Nothing not to like here! Good job folks. The guitar solo starting at 3:34 was especially tasty.

#609752 - 08/07/20 09:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

A very long and totally convincing intro shows you guys really are at the top of the game.
I agree with ROG- Chris raises the bar on her vocals here; there`s more presence and emotion than ever.
Nice layers on those guitars and that outro:whoa!!
Its going to be unavoidable... you`ll be hearing "your best yet" many times.

Robert

#609768 - 08/07/20 11:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Loved this Dave. Chris’s vocal was perfect. Loved your guitar work. Tone was so bright and crisp. I must add to Rogs comments on Marty’s bass lines. When I am looking for things to add to a song I mute all the tracks except the bass and drums. He has a great feel. This is a very cool song.

#609769 - 08/07/20 12:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Dave / Chris,

This is as good as it gets. Outstanding vocals and really sharp crisp production.

The best!

Bob

#609803 - 08/07/20 06:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
jptjptjpt Offline
Journeyman

Fantastic tune! I love the electric guitar. Outstanding. Wonderful vocals. Love the bass lines. Excellent work. The band is holding its own too.

Great work to everyone!

#609829 - 08/08/20 03:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: ROG]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi there, Chris, Dave & Marty,

This band just gets better and better.

The first thing that struck me is how Chris's voice is developing
with each successive song. So professional in her phrasing and the
amount of emotion she pours into the lyrics.

Fabulous guitar work here as well - some of your very best, Dave.
And Marty, doing exactly what a great bass player should do - always
sympathetic to the track, always underpinning the excellent backing.

And the arrangement - so accomplished, so well thought out, maintaining
interest from start to interrupted finish.

Did I say I liked it?

ROG.

Thanks for mentioning the arrangement, that is something we spent quite a bit of time with. And thanks for mentioning the guitar too of course wink And yeah, Marty always delivers the perfect part for the song.

I passed along your comments to Chris smile

Thanks for the support, ROG, we appreciate it!

#609843 - 08/08/20 06:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Dave, Chris & Marty.

Y'all are making killer music.

Loved the opening. A nice delay on the guitar. Cool tone.

Both the organ and bass are "sexy" - both in tone and playing.

Chris' vocal is every bit as "sexy" as the underlying tracks. Might be her best ever - they seem to notch up a little more each time - amazing.

A gorgeous guitar solo. Soulful.

There is SO much over-the-top-good. Pro-level.

Loved the ending!

Great. Music.

fj

#609845 - 08/08/20 06:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
Dark and beautiful. The drum pulse is like a heartbeat that underpins the whole thing. The guitars are stunning. The vocals beautiful. The writing sublime. All of it so professionally done. Congratulations!

#609849 - 08/08/20 07:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

That is some solid modern blues at it's best. Great breaks and drum fills. The guitar swells on the first verse fills were inspired. Solid as a rock bass lines and I agree that the vocal may be the best yet from Chris. I thought the guitar volume levels were on the money and the overall mix sounded great. You three are on a tear. Great stuff and these observations come from a lifelong lover of the blues, Tom

#609870 - 08/08/20 10:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Excellent playing on everything. Nice subtle vocal harmony. Enjoyed the build through the song, and killer guitar playing.

Love the mix - every note of the vocals, solo, and even the guitar harmonics come through clearly, and every note counts.

smile

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#609918 - 08/08/20 04:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Boy, that is some fine, fine stuff!!! The band just gels so well, and Chris' voice gets better and better.......tons of emotion in this vocal!! And Dave's soaring lead over Marty's sweet bass rounds out a great production!! Great work by all!! Take care. Greg

#609926 - 08/08/20 05:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Really liked this a lot, all the attention to detail paid off. Terrific synergy. More than 'kept my attention,' this kept me thrilled throughout. Great work!

#609927 - 08/08/20 05:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Online   content
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
Absolutely love the intro...best I've heard in a long time from anyone.

The vocal/melody has a slight slight Twin Peaks feel, which I live very much.

Those five guitar tracks give this a rich sound.

Marty's bass sounds great in my new speakers.

#609929 - 08/08/20 05:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
The dynamics really create the drama to support the narrative.
Holes and parred down parts that create anticipation.
There's the occasional touch of Chris Issacs guitar to go with the soaring lead licks.
Nothing to not enjoy...the package is excellent.

Edited by rayc (08/08/20 05:41 PM)
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#609939 - 08/08/20 08:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Dave, Chris & Marty (and the organ guy)

Wonderful - loved the intro and the outro solo was superb.

Excellent vocal and bass, production and song writing.

Well done to all involved.

Peter

#609940 - 08/08/20 08:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: BlueAttitude]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Blue A.
Cool intro! Guitar(s) is/are an ear opener. Very emotional, intimate vocals, almost gypsy music influenced. Very balance between achieving perfection and yet not being uptight. Liked it a lot!

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#609954 - 08/09/20 02:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: Robertkc]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Nothing not to like here! Good job folks. The guitar solo starting at 3:34 was especially tasty.

Appreciate that, Dan, thanks!

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
A very long and totally convincing intro shows you guys really are at the top of the game.
I agree with ROG- Chris raises the bar on her vocals here; there`s more presence and emotion than ever.
Nice layers on those guitars and that outro:whoa!!
Its going to be unavoidable... you`ll be hearing "your best yet" many times.

Robert

Thanks very much, Robert!

#609989 - 08/09/20 07:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: For Heavens Sake [Re: rsdean]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved this Dave. Chris’s vocal was perfect. Loved your guitar work. Tone was so bright and crisp. I must add to Rogs comments on Marty’s bass lines. When I am looking for things to add to a song I mute all the tracks except the bass and drums. He has a great feel. This is a very cool song.

Hey Scott, I thought that tone worked well for the intro. Went back to my normal blues/rock tone for the solo though. Thanks for the listen/comments!

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Dave / Chris,

This is as good as it gets. Outstanding vocals and really sharp crisp production.

The best!

Bob

Thanks, Bob!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Happy Thanksgiving!

Today our friends in the USA are celebrating Thanksgiving!

Our hours are not affected - we are here until 6pm PST!

We hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving!

Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Clarinet RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

It's National Clarinet Day! Who doesn't enjoy the rich & mellow sounds the clarinet delivers?

We have 20+ Clarinet RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, covering Dixieland, Folk, Jazz, and World styles. You'll find these RealTracks in the following Sets:
RealTracks Set 56: Jazz, Old and New
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland - Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists
RealTracks Set 248: Oberkrainer! Folk Music From the Alps

Clarinet RealTracks Artists include:
James Danderfer
P.J. Perry
Thomas Oberreiter

Tutorial - Downloading and Installing Your Band-in-a-Box® Purchase

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® from our website you'll receive the installation files to download your order, even if you're having it shipped!

You can access these files within the My Products section of your online account.

Downloading the program is such a convenient way to get started with Band-in-a-Box®! To learn more about how to download your purchase, please review the written tutorials we've created for Windows and Mac.

200+ Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Where would music be today without the sultry sounds of the Saxophone? Fortunately, because of Adolphe Sax, we don't have to find out!

Today we celebrate his birthday, and with that a nod to our extensive collection of Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Saxophone RealTracks sound so amazing that they were one of the first RealTracks we developed and released for the program with Band-in-a-Box® 2007! Now there are more than 200 Saxophone RealTracks available for Jazz, Rock, Blues, Country, Funk, and Pop!

Our Saxophone RealTracks Artists include:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

Click on their name to be taken to their bio page where you can learn more about the artists and listen to demos of all their RealTracks.

Upgrading to Band-in-a-Box® 2020 is Easy!

Did you know... anyone who has owned a previous version of Band-in-a-Box® is entitle to upgrade pricing - you do not need to have your old version installed!

Maybe you used to own the Windows version, but you now have a Mac... that's not a problem either!
(or if you owned the Mac version, and now you have a Windows computer)

In both cases, you would purchase from the "Upgrade from 2018 or earlier or crossgrade" row here for a new Mac version, or here if you want the newest Windows version. Just need to upgrade your 2019 version? Use the "Upgrade from 2019/2020" row.

When you purchase your upgrade from either of these rows, you will receive a complete installation - just follow the steps of the setup, and your Band-in-a-Box® will be ready to use!

PG Music Inc. shopping cart accounts were not required to purchase from our website prior to October 29, 2014. With that in mind, you may have to create an account in order to upgrade - that's OK! You'll still be entitled to upgrade pricing.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Italian for Mac is Here!

Ci sono oltre 50 nuove funzionalità in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Ci sono miglioramenti ai RealTracks (RealTracks vocali dal suono più fluido, Ispessimento RealTracks, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" e MultiRiffs). La maggior parte dei RealDrums ora hanno RealCharts (con un'accurata Notazione di Batteria). C'è un nuovo Browser dell'artista RealTracks per trovare informazioni /bios/collegamenti/ elenchi di RealTracks su tutti gli artisti. Un nuovo Browser delle Funzionalità consente all'utente nuovo o "smemorato" di trovare e utilizzare facilmente la maggior parte delle funzionalità/tasti di scelta rapida/documenti da un'unica finestra. Equalizza Tempo consente di cambiare una canzone registrata in rubato in un tempo fisso. Stiramento del tempo/tono dell'audio migliorato (Elastique) incluso. Ci sono miglioramenti di SongPicker, Auto-Intro di Basso/Batteria o Batteria solo, 3.400 titoli aggiunti, miglioramenti di MusicXML, chitarra "per mancini" e "Vista Studente", miglioramenti del trascinamento della selezione, visualizzazione multi-finestra dell’analizzatore degli accordi audio e altro ancora!

ACQUISTA/AGGIORNA & SCARICA ADESSO!!

Forum Stats
33226 Members
67 Forums
66152 Topics
567320 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
ChrisCoburgDe, Douglas Crane, tntxcarl, Jartsu, mpt

33225 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 197