You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#612219 - 08/25/20 04:02 PM [User Showcase] Breakfast With The Blues
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

I haven’t posted a blues tune for a while, so here’s a short one….

RealTracks: 2692:Organ, Rhythm ModernPopSlowMike Ev 075 Neutron2 Dirty B3
RealTracks: ~689:Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 085 Neutron2 Dirty B3

Recorded in Logic Pro X
Plug Ins : Nectar 2, Neutron 2, Ozone 8, Tonal Balance, Waves LinMB, Waves, L3-LL Multi Limiter, Scuffam Amps S-Gear, Waves Vocal Rider, Waves Bass Rider
Royalty Free Loops

Vocals, Electric Guitars, Tom Adams

https://soundcloud.com/tommyad/breakfast-with-the-blues

https://tommyadamsmusic.com/track/2448939/breakfast-with-the-blues

Breakfast With The Blues

I took her out for dinner she said man you’re out to lunch

I was about to say I liked her but she beat me to the punch

She said I think you might be crazy but I’ll give you one more chance

Let’s go find some music and find out if you can dance

That night I tried to kiss her I leaned in but she refused

And left me at the diner having breakfast with the blues

Deep down I have hunger I feel so unfulfilled

I wish that I could rope her in but I guess I never will

She seems to be off limits like something I can’t touch

I bring her wine and jewelry and she still don’t like me much

No doubt I gave it my best shot that’s all that I can do

She left me at the diner having breakfast with the blues

Maybe i’m not her leading man like Clooney or Brad Pitt

Or maybe I’m just a little too tall or my clothes they don’t quite fit

I guess that you can’t win em all but I sure do hate to lose

That’s why I’m at the diner having Breakfast with the Blues

©2020 Thomas Adams

#612227 - 08/25/20 04:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Breakfast With The Blues [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Tom, I am a big blues fan and you knocked this one way out of the park. Great vocal and lyrics. On top of that you are one hell of a super guitarist! Great chops man! The mix was outstanding.

I loved this one.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#612240 - 08/25/20 06:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Breakfast With The Blues [Re: tommyad]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Tom,
I like the humor in the lyrics and your guitar lights into those breaks; the solo is great!
The drum intro is nicely done and panned ( RealDrums?) and the no-frills band a good fit.
Enjoyed for supper.

Robert

#612287 - 08/26/20 08:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Breakfast With The Blues [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Tom ...

This is one of the best Blues songs I've heard in a very long time. The drum intro is fabulous and is just the beniining of a lot of terrific music. Your guitar work is stunningly good. Everything about this exceeds all one could expect in a Blues number.

I really enjoyed this ... great listen! Wishing you the best ... be safe ...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#612347 - 08/26/20 05:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Breakfast With The Blues [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Tom

Some lovely dynamics throughout and good story telling wrapped in the blues.

Enjoyed the "crunchy" excellent guitar playing especially the 2nd solo.

So, well written, superbly played and beautifully mixed.

Peter

#612390 - 08/26/20 09:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Breakfast With The Blues [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Tom,

Excellent blues number . . . love the write leading into the hook. Breakfast with the blues, indeed! Sweet vocal to match an excellent musical mix and killer solo. Terrific stuff!!!

Best regards,

Deej

#612407 - 08/27/20 01:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: Breakfast With The Blues [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Fun story and some high energy guitar to punctuate the humour.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#612486 - 08/27/20 12:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Breakfast With The Blues [Re: MarioD]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Tom, I am a big blues fan and you knocked this one way out of the park. Great vocal and lyrics. On top of that you are one hell of a super guitarist! Great chops man! The mix was outstanding.

I loved this one.
Mario, thanks for the great review. I really appreciate your generous comments, Tom

#612524 - 08/27/20 06:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: Breakfast With The Blues [Re: tommyad]
Frankp Offline
Apprentice

Hey Tom,

America roots, love it. That bass is the bomb, and you left a lot of space in the instrumentation, really effective.

Are you playing the bass. That is expert playing imo, the space between notes is perfect, that tritone slide is so hip, great bass groove with the drums and rhythm guitar.

Your voice is great, you're a blues man. And sweet guitar playing.

Digging it.

#612598 - 08/28/20 07:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Breakfast With The Blues [Re: Al-David]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Tom,
I like the humor in the lyrics and your guitar lights into those breaks; the solo is great!
The drum intro is nicely done and panned ( RealDrums?) and the no-frills band a good fit.
Enjoyed for supper.

Robert
Thanks Robert. I do think that RealDrums are fantastic but these are loops. Supper with the blues? Tom
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Tom ...

This is one of the best Blues songs I've heard in a very long time. The drum intro is fabulous and is just the beniining of a lot of terrific music. Your guitar work is stunningly good. Everything about this exceeds all one could expect in a Blues number.

I really enjoyed this ... great listen! Wishing you the best ... be safe ...

Alan
Alan that is a seriously generous review and is greatly appreciated, Tom

#612606 - 08/28/20 08:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Breakfast With The Blues [Re: tommyad]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
Ooh boy. This is different gravy. Superb writing, superb production - a really "gritty", "proper" Blues song, so professionally done. Bravo.

#612640 - 08/28/20 11:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Breakfast With The Blues [Re: tommyad]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
"I took her out for dinner she said man you’re out to lunch"
That's a line that'll grab ya right from the get go!

How cool ... we love that funk edge around the blues.

A story that no doubt many have gone to bed with smile

We never fail to be drawn in by your soulful vocals and this is no exception.

You make me wish I knew the "loop way!"

The write, the excellent performances on vocals and guitar would serve alone to make this a great song. But, man, when you wrap it up with a classic tommyad mix and mastering it just takes it over the top.

A showcase for the showcase.

J&B

#612750 - 08/29/20 04:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Breakfast With The Blues [Re: PeterF]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Tom

Some lovely dynamics throughout and good story telling wrapped in the blues.

Enjoyed the "crunchy" excellent guitar playing especially the 2nd solo.

So, well written, superbly played and beautifully mixed.

Peter

Peter, it’s really nice of you to say all that. Thanks, Tom

#612773 - 08/29/20 06:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Breakfast With The Blues [Re: tommyad]
olemon Offline
Expert

"I took her out for dinner she said man you’re out to lunch"

After that opening line, it didn't really matter what came next, I was hooked!

And hey, man, those are some serious riffs - most excellent.

Terrific all around!

Scott

#612788 - 08/29/20 10:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Breakfast With The Blues [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Arizona
toucher Offline
Expert

Loc: Arizona
What's left to be said. Brilliant, love the blues, especially like this.

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippmusic

#612796 - 08/29/20 11:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: Breakfast With The Blues [Re: tommyad]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Tom,

A Solid write. Blues on the "fun side"! A well developed story line.

Great tracks. A good mix (of course). Vocal sits perfectly.

Your guitar is top-shelf. Delicious tone. Tasty playing. Hittin' all the right spots.

Worth many listens.

fj

#612853 - 08/29/20 05:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: Breakfast With The Blues [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Good funky blues with clever lyrics that put a smile on my face. Great lead work. Nicely done.

#612892 - 08/29/20 10:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Breakfast With The Blues [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Excellent, all around.

Great mix, tasty solos, clever write, well-done vocals. laugh

I've used up my three superlatives, and that's not enough for this song.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#612913 - 08/30/20 02:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Breakfast With The Blues [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada

Tom, this is GREAT!

I love everything you do, but when you do blues .... blues is and always will be my favorite thing and you are just so damn good at it.

Love the funky groove you have going on. Drums sound awesome as does the bass, and man, just killer guitar work!

Great lyrics and vocal, and as always, the mix is as good as it gets.

Enjoyed very much!

Blue Attitude Website

#613036 - 08/30/20 07:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Breakfast With The Blues [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Tom
Love the the lyrics. Your usual winning vocal and great guitar work. Much enjoyed.
Regards,
Leon

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to the latest build 419 to correct any improper messages for Natural Arrangements, apply VST setting improvements, experience faster customized RealTracks and RealDrums Pickers, and fix a few other user-reported issues within the program.

You'll also receive the latest DAW Plugin version 2.12.15 update, with more than 30 additions and updates, including additional options within context menus, the ability to loop a set of bars by highlighting them, and more!

Learn more about this FREE update and download it here.

Let's Hear Your Band-in-a-Box® Songs!

Working on your first song in Band-in-a-Box®? Or maybe you've built up a great collection of songs... Make sure to share them to the User Showcase Forum where other program users post their original songs too! Receive feedback, build your audience, and connect with other enthusiastic program users - you'll be happy you did!

While you're there, make sure to listen to some of the other great songs posted!

Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Forum Stats
32860 Members
68 Forums
66176 Topics
562064 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
VK3KKP, lonnydude, Dale Hamm, MikeHannigan, chemistsworld

32859 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 172
VideoTrack 140