Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#661555 - 06/23/21 05:52 AM [User Showcase] I'm Talkin' 'Bout w/ Dave Bell on guitar
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

I'm Talkin' 'Bout on Soundcloud
I'm Talkin' 'Bout on YouTube

Here's a song suggesting starting over, changing the value sysytem from money to living. There really wasn't much I liked about the song, except I kinda liked the bridge. Then Dave Bell stepped in to bring it to a much higher level. Man, I love that guitar, and it's a great example of how the right players can flip a song from the B side to the A side. I played bass and sang. You may notice a couple strange anomalies in the vocal, but it helps to concentrate on the cool guitar. wink Thanks for listening and commenting.

Style is _HARDY.STY (Hardy Blues Rock Quartet)

RealTracks in song: 2730:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm BluesSlowSwingMike Sw 085
Loop in Song: DrumKit Classic Beats\Jazz - JazzSwing RideTomGroove 4-bar sw8.wav
RealTracks in song: 2734:Organ, Rhythm BluesSlow128Mike Sw 065
RealDrums [in style:BluesRockShuffle^2-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
Utility Track : Acoustic guitsr #2886
Utility Track : Electric guitar #1923

I'm Talkin' 'Bout
I'm talkin' 'bout gettin' back on track, and leavin' all this fun stuff behind
Gatherin' all that's not on our back, and trade it for some peace of mind.
Every chance we get we'll take a chance in life to see how the tables may turn,
'cause every now and then we wanna dance through life and tip-toe passed concern.

I'm talking 'bout getting free to be free, and cashin' in on all that we own.
Only then will we begin to feelin' like we can see how much we both have grown.
REF: We could tour the world with a smile on our face --contagious surely no doubt.
So let's move on 'n' leave the rats to the race. I know what I'm talkin' about.

BR: Givin' in, givin' out, give it away.
We gotta shout: "There is no doubt it's all gonna pay!"
Somehow we'll just slip aside, and then we'll both enjoy the ride.

I'm talkin' 'bout gertting out of this way of doin' what's been already done.
Workin' hard and killin' time for hardly a pay when Life should be a whole lotta fun.
REF

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 9

#661558 - 06/23/21 06:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'm Talkin' 'Bout w/ Dave Bell on guitar [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Hi Marty,

I couldn't agree any more with yout back info and of course with the song itself. I'll be turning 70 next months and had already a couple of years to get away from the rat race - you express exactly what I've felt (or better: what I learned) during these years.

Nice tune, liked that slow tempo. Your singing fits the song like a glove - very authentical. Great backing track and the guitar work is really, really good. Loved it !

Cheers,

Stefan

#661641 - 06/23/21 04:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'm Talkin' 'Bout w/ Dave Bell on guitar [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
EXCELLENT song Marty.
Important narrative and some cool dynamics too.
I'm sorry to suggest that the bass is both a bit boomy and loud for the mix - great playing and part but it's burying the thud of the kick, (plenty of click still there though).
"leave the rats to the race"...classic.

#661662 - 06/23/21 05:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'm Talkin' 'Bout w/ Dave Bell on guitar [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Love it Marty!!! I wrote a song called The Right Lane of Life with the same sentiment. You knocked it out on the vocal, and Dave played some super sweet licks!!! Great stuff guys!!! Take care. Greg

#661681 - 06/24/21 02:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'm Talkin' 'Bout w/ Dave Bell on guitar [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Marty / Dave,

Love it! Something everyone can relate to at some point.

Excellent vocal and guitar lines. You guys are great collaborators.

Bob

#661698 - 06/24/21 08:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'm Talkin' 'Bout w/ Dave Bell on guitar [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi Marty and Dave,

Great song, great performances, great message.

Loved the vocal and Dave's guitar was superb.

A good live feel to the excellent mix.

ROG.

#661714 - 06/24/21 12:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'm Talkin' 'Bout w/ Dave Bell on guitar [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Marty and Dave,

Good listen. It was interesting to read how a different perspective can completely change the direction for a song.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#661717 - 06/24/21 12:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'm Talkin' 'Bout w/ Dave Bell on guitar [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Belgium
Derochette Offline
Expert

Loc: Belgium
Hi BabuMusic,

Beautiful reflection on the life we ​​lead. The arrangement and the lyrics are pleasing. The guitar solo adds a very pleasant addition. Well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

#661721 - 06/24/21 01:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'm Talkin' 'Bout w/ Dave Bell on guitar [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
"I'm talkin' 'bout getting out of this way of doin' what's been already done.
Workin' hard and killin' time for hardly a pay when Life should be a whole lotta fun."

Amen Bro'

Firstly the arrangement is standout. It's creative and effective.

Your fine vocal (passionate is Janice's word) and Dave's scorching guitar are right in the pocket. Excellent.
Oh, and that bass guy you use ... he always sounds great.

Nice choice on the video clips as they very well fit the imagery of the lyric.

Love it!

J&B

#661732 - 06/24/21 03:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'm Talkin' 'Bout w/ Dave Bell on guitar [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Marty

That was a fun one to play along with.

Nice vocal and sentiment and well constructed song.
Dave's guitar was of lovely throughout, he has a real melodic knack with these type of songs.

Very enjoyable song.

Peter

#661766 - 06/24/21 10:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'm Talkin' 'Bout w/ Dave Bell on guitar [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Marty
Very relatable lyric for those of us who've got a few miles on the clock. I'm a lifelong fan of the blues and you just can't go wrong with Dave on guitar.
Regards,
Leon

#661790 - 06/25/21 04:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'm Talkin' 'Bout w/ Dave Bell on guitar [Re: Crossroads]
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Marty,

I couldn't agree any more with yout back info and of course with the song itself. I'll be turning 70 next months and had already a couple of years to get away from the rat race - you express exactly what I've felt (or better: what I learned) during these years.

Nice tune, liked that slow tempo. Your singing fits the song like a glove - very authentical. Great backing track and the guitar work is really, really good. Loved it !

Cheers,

Stefan

Thanks, Stefan, and you will be highly welcomed to the 70s club.

Originally Posted By: rayc
EXCELLENT song Marty.
Important narrative and some cool dynamics too.
I'm sorry to suggest that the bass is both a bit boomy and loud for the mix - great playing and part but it's burying the thud of the kick, (plenty of click still there though).
"leave the rats to the race"...classic.

"What's that? Turn up the bass?" That's what I usually yell back to someone who yells a song up to the stage. But not in your case, Ray. I have way too much respect for your ears, and I've learned a lot just following you around to read your comments. Bass is more often than not too loud in my mixes, but I'm trying to get better. hehe. In photography there is a histogram that shows the amount of light in an image-- left to right, dark to bright. I kinda visualize the mix much the same way, lows on the left and highs on the right. After listening to the final mix (which is never REALLY done), I felt the dark side was a bit too low, so I cheated with a quick lift of the bass track. Cheap, I know, but... Really thanks, Ray.

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Love it Marty!!! I wrote a song called The Right Lane of Life with the same sentiment. You knocked it out on the vocal, and Dave played some super sweet licks!!! Great stuff guys!!! Take care. Greg

Thanks, Greg!! Of course I had to find your song, and I'm now on my 2nd spin. Outstanding lyrics and a cool upbeat tune for the slow lane.

#661864 - 06/25/21 04:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'm Talkin' 'Bout w/ Dave Bell on guitar [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
Dave always does a great job making his guitar talk with the singer.

This is a good song, and you delivered the vocal well.

#661870 - 06/25/21 05:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'm Talkin' 'Bout w/ Dave Bell on guitar [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Marty, you baked the cake and Dave put the icing on it!

You both nailed this song, everything is excellent, the vocal, lyrics, guitar leads, bass, and that B3.

Excellent song - loved it.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#661884 - 06/25/21 07:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'm Talkin' 'Bout w/ Dave Bell on guitar [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool tune Marty and Dave. Loved the groove to the song. Super vocal and lyric. Loved Dave's riffing around the vocal. Perfect tone for the solo. Well done.

#661906 - 06/26/21 05:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'm Talkin' 'Bout w/ Dave Bell on guitar [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Great song, I especially like the bridge.

Thanks for the invite, Marty, enjoyed working on this one!

#661919 - 06/26/21 07:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'm Talkin' 'Bout w/ Dave Bell on guitar [Re: rsdean]
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Marty / Dave,

Love it! Something everyone can relate to at some point.

Excellent vocal and guitar lines. You guys are great collaborators.

Bob

We sure do have fun. Thanks, Bob.

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Marty and Dave,

Great song, great performances, great message.

Loved the vocal and Dave's guitar was superb.

A good live feel to the excellent mix.

ROG.

Hi, Rog! Glad you liked it and received the message, and thanks for mentioning the mix.

Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Marty and Dave,

Good listen. It was interesting to read how a different perspective can completely change the direction for a song.

Yeah, I love that about collaborating, Jim. Of course, with someone like Dave who not only adds great suggestions along the way, but comes in and puts that very tasty icing on the cake, the reward level is highly elevated.

#662043 - 06/27/21 06:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'm Talkin' 'Bout w/ Dave Bell on guitar [Re: BabuMusic]
jptjptjpt Offline
Expert

Great song. Well written. Nice, clean recording. All the instruments mixed well. Great playing by all, including the band. Cool video too.

#662153 - 06/28/21 05:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'm Talkin' 'Bout w/ Dave Bell on guitar [Re: Derochette]
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi BabuMusic,

Beautiful reflection on the life we ​​lead. The arrangement and the lyrics are pleasing. The guitar solo adds a very pleasant addition. Well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Thanks, Derochette. You're right, it's amazing what a good guitarist can add to a song.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"I'm talkin' 'bout getting out of this way of doin' what's been already done.
Workin' hard and killin' time for hardly a pay when Life should be a whole lotta fun."

Amen Bro'

Firstly the arrangement is standout. It's creative and effective.

Your fine vocal (passionate is Janice's word) and Dave's scorching guitar are right in the pocket. Excellent.
Oh, and that bass guy you use ... he always sounds great.

Nice choice on the video clips as they very well fit the imagery of the lyric.

Love it!

J&B

Thanks, Janice & Bud. You guys are havin' a whole lotta fun. You get it.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Marty

That was a fun one to play along with.

Nice vocal and sentiment and well constructed song.
Dave's guitar was of lovely throughout, he has a real melodic knack with these type of songs.

Very enjoyable song.

Peter

Thanks, Peter. I was hoping you had a chance to listen. Thanks for playing along, and that gives me some ideas.

#662161 - 06/28/21 05:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'm Talkin' 'Bout w/ Dave Bell on guitar [Re: BabuMusic]
jamestoffee Offline
Apprentice

Well done!

Favorite line, "Gatherin' all that's not on our back, and trade it for some peace of mind."

Great delivery and sentiment well conveyed.

Thanks for sharing.

James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
New Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Add-ons are Here!

We're excited to say that we've just released some amazing new RealStyles with XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows or Mac!

XPro Styles PAK 2 includes 100 fresh new RealStyles that will up the utility and fun factor of the Band-in-a-Box® Pro version by adding 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles! XPro Styles PAK 3 goes even further - not only is it packed 100 new RealStyles, it includes 35 RealTracks that are not included with a Pro or MegaPAK purchase - adding even more versatility to what these can do! Sink your teeth into 25 rock/pop styles, 25 jazz/funk styles, 25 country/bluegrass styles, and 25 styles featuring a mix of genres ranging from high energy electro swing to ambient grooves and everything in between.

With the new Xtra Styles PAK 13, we're going to make the number thirteen lucky again! There are 200 new RealStyles for Rock/Pop, Jazz, Country, and Singer-Songwriter. Some examples of what's included: Mellow soundtrack rock, Americana country lullaby, western swing big band, coffee house jazz waltz, jazzy jump blues, songwriter gospel ballad, fast indie rock, vintage clav funk, country pop march, and much, much more!

And they're all ON SALE until July 15th! Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs or XPro Styles PAKs for only $29 per PAK (regular price $49 each)!

Purchase XPro Styles PAKs
Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs
Learn more & watch our video demonstrations

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac is here!

There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 13, XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until July 15, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase a Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages! For more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!), upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

How to: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Did you know that you can have multiple instances of Band-in-a-Box® open on your computer? There was a conversation about this recently on our Forum, so we put together this video explaining how: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

How to: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track (RealBand)

Using RealBand and wondering how to replace a MIDI track with an audio track?

We show you how in our RealBand®: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track
video!

How to: Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

Do you want to record your MIDI keyboard into Band-in-a-Box®, but aren't sure where to start? This quick video is what you've been looking for! How to Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows.

User Guide: Working with MIDI

How to: Why Does My Song Keep Looping in Band-in-a-Box®?

Your Band-in-a-Box® song is looping, and you don't want it to - what do you do?

Fortunately, this is a program setting that can be adjusted - see how this is done: Band-in-a-Box®: Why Does My Song Keep Looping?

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

(Additional Song Preferences you might also find useful: Global Song Overrides)

How to: Copy Chords and Song Info from Band-in-a-Box® to a Document

Did you know that you can copy the chords and other details of your Band-in-a-Box song into a document? We show you how in this video: How to Copy Chords and Song Info from Band-in-a-Box® to a Document

Learn more about this feature: Online Manual - Copy/Paste Chords as Simple Text

Forum Stats
36172 Members
64 Forums
74780 Topics
656726 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Gorkin, wshutts, Mindi, ebbot, Blaulichtschutz

36172 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 245