Quote:

I was originally told that you cannot access any MIDI from any Real Tracks because they aren't MIDI - even though there are charts. I said I didn't understand this at all since the data seemed to be there. I guess there is a convoluted way - but it is useful (even though I know I can't edit the Real Tracks as if it were MIDI.)

The MIDI note data found along with RealTracks that are underscored in their trackname to indicate that notation is available, was placed there merely for the notation ability. The Velocities and Durations may be quite a bit off from what the actual RealTrack plays because all that is needed or originally intended are those notes on the staff. This was really done so that players could read along and play along with the RealTrack players, as in a practicing aid.

While it may be possible to load the MIDI created for RealTracks into a sequencer and assign a Patch to the thing, be careful there, it may not sound like the original RealTrack does. Might, might not. Might work as you suggested above, as a source of Note On data for layering along with a RealTrack for an interesting sound occasionally, but that is the type of thing that I would place under the "specialty" heading, meaning I don't think that it is someting that one should do very often but reserve for special occasions as an effect.

--Mac