Quote:

So, I was using mine for audio only and was having no problems, in fact enjoying it better than my M-Audio FastTrack Pro (more ports); however, when I finally got around to hooking up my MIDI keyboard to it, I couldn't get a thing to come through. And there's no indicator on the unit to indicate if MIDI is going through. It drove me crazy. I swapped out and tried the M-Audio, and everything worked like it was supposed to, so I don't know if there's a problem with the MIDI ports on the Tascam or if I'm just doing something wrong (which it shouldn't be, because I've already made my mistake for today earlier ).

I'll play with it some more this weekend and see if I can figure it out.

This *may* be an issue where the MIDI driver for the M-Audio and the one for the TASCAM are using the same code and that results in a catfight. Have seen this with a few other devices, such as E-MU 1616M and the little USB Uno and Duo MIDI USB, I had to uninstall the Uno/Duo driver software and reboot in order to get the E-MU's two MIDI ports to be recognized and work. Note that the physical hardware did not have to be attached to prevent the E-MU MIDI, something in the drivers was enough to stop that show.

--Mac