Hi Rachel,

Today you have a myriad of power amplifier choices due to the interest in this "hobby" of music making.

While that can seem like good news as compared to a decade or so ago, it can also present the consumer with a myriad of choices as to which one is "better".

The good news is that, audio-wise, just about any of them is up to snuff for the intended purpose. Gone are the days of experimentation with solid state circuitry for this particular task, for the most part and I would not recommend ANY esoteric, high-priced "audiophile* (I usually spell that, *Audiophool*) power amplifier. Money down the drain, fussy circuits that likely will need expensive repairs some day, etc.

When a speaker system is rated for a certain top wattage, it is a good idea to select a poower amplifier that meets or comes near to delivering that peak wattage. Many don't know it, but speakers can get blown much easier by attempting to use a power amp that produces much LESS wattage than the speaker in question was designed to handle. This is because when you need to turn the Volume UP, the underpowered amplifier will be pushed into Clipping, which flattops the waves and thus creates more ON TIME, which can heat and damage the expensive speaker voice coils. Besides that, you will be hearing distortions at that point, also undesirable.

That said, I'd recommend any power amp rated at producing anywhere from 100W rms all the way up to the 250W rms per channel.

IO'd also recommend going with the more modern FET output power amplifier as vs the older Bipolar Transistor output designs, if buying new. Of course, a good Bipolar Amplifier that is built right can sound wonderful and you may find one that is affordable, by all means, worth it.

In order to recommend a particular brand or model of amplifier, I would first need to know your price range, though.

--Mac