Originally Posted By: RobbMiller
Just mute the other tracks.

This is how I've done it for years.

There are two ways to Mute undesired tracks.

1) By the Session: Rightclick on any Track(s) that you do not wish to hear at playback and choose Mute option. This will stick throughout the particular session, such that you can load other Styles, or other songs with various Styles in them, and only hear the ones that are not muted. This will not stay that way if you close BB down and reopen it again.

2) To have any songfile load, but only play the desired parts, use the "Save Song with Patches and Harmony" window, found under the File menu. Only check the instruments on the LH side of that window that you desire to hear when the song is loaded. I use this one for live performance with BB in order to get just the instruments to provide my Virtual Jazz Trio or Quartet for each song. Just load the next song and everything comes up as desired, just Drums and Bass, or whatever.

Muting Instruments in Styles is powerful stuff. You can get the best of both worlds this way, many of the Styles have some dynamite Bass and Drum parts in them that sound great without the rest of the instruments, just add yours in realtime as it plays back.

On top of that, I often invoke and use the CONDUCTOR feature when jam sessions with BB are happening. That way, I can easily extend things like number of choruses to suit, can also quickly invoke Last Chorus and Out whenever that is desirable.

--Mac