Between 1 and 2 secs from hitting Play to Hearing the first countin tap here.

Stop is under a half second every time.

Intentionally invoked the VSC DXi for this test so that softsynth plus realdrums was the issue.

Then I thought about the RealInst, so loaded the Demo songs from the RealPedal up. First song to load takes between 3 and 4 secs from hitting Play to hearing stick tap, but after that every other song in the folder loads in about the same less than 2 sec interval.

Switching to RealGuit or RealSax is the same result, the very first song to load that has RealDrums, VSC DXi plus RealInst takes a bit longer to load, between 3-4 Secs, than every other song in the folder after that, which will be that 1-2 second mark.

Interestingly enough, switching back to any of the pre-opened folders with RealInst again in the same session does not require that longer 3-4 sec period for the first song chosen to load anymore. Closed BB, reopened and the dance repeats. But I could live with that on a gig.

Laptop used for this test is an HP nx6125, Turion at 2ghz, 1gig ram -- and I was running BB2008 in full from a USB outrigger drive here.

Using the built in soundcard at the time.

First thing you should try is to run the microsoft defrag program on your hard drive!

HTH,

--Mac