Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
It would sort of explain a few things.
There was a post from the WebMaster about advertising was going to be removed. I've never seen any except for the one in a million Spammers.And of course Notes Norton.
I'm thinking we are no longer allowed to post links to products that we may find interesting that are for sale? No posts to our own web sites with stuff for sale? If you could give some clearer guidelines it would be helpful.

Off-Topic
D
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
Notes Norton offers BIAB-related products and has been here forever, so I think he gets a pass. Personally, I appreciate alerts about special deals or group-buys and I try to let people know when I find a good deal somewhere.

But, that said, there is one user here who's frequent postings are too spam-like for my taste. I won't say who it is, but he sure seems to love Apple products and YouTube videos.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I posted new "song of the month" free samples from my latest fake disk and they got nuked. I asked why and got no reply.

I've been doing this off and on for about as long as there has been a forum here.

I don't mind getting my post deleted for breaking the rules, but I asked politely which rule I broke and how I can share my songs with the group "legally" and got no response.

I know being a moderator is a thankless job, but the courtesy of a reply is not too much to ask.

Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I did get a reply this evening. Nuked because it was considered an advertisement.

I reposted it with minimal wording. Hopefully I can still share songs on the forum.

Notes ♫

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
Off-Topic
D
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
I don't really get that. If you're a regular on contributor to other threads (2000 postings!), I don't see why a message here and there about a related product is such a big deal. Spam is one thing, but occasional announcements from users should be ok. That guy needs to lighten up.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
That's the way I've always figured it myself.

I also figured that every time I put an ad in a magazine and it says "Band-in-a-Box" in the ad, I am also advertising BiaB, so I didn't think a little, low-keyed, related product announcement here did any harm. In other words, I give them free advertising and I get a little in return.

But it's their forum, and they have a right to do as they please.

So I'll follow the rules.

Notes

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Notesy,

I stand behind you fully in your right/privilege to post product announcements here. In this area I consider you first among equals. You've been doing it forever and I have no idea where else I would find out about your stuff.

In "Webmaster's" unusually terse message, I'm pretty sure that what is being referred to are the posts from the one-time spambots. As we have all noted, these could be taken care of by other means.

I hope that you will continue to do as you have in the past. I, for one, will support you vigorously in this matter.

Richard

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Oh-oh, we are in catholic school, white shirt and tie please.........

Critter
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Ha the wife has the catholic girl uniform but she wanted to burn it when she turned 50 so I assured her she still looks 18 in pigtails. Worked for a few months but last week she got her waist length hair cut to 'ear height' HE HE.....oh well.

As to adverts NOTES, take one of your styles and put it to use in the new showcase forum and make us sit up and take notice. We know who you are. The understated might just work better, put up the song, most of us will have to guess the song with a hint and we are more likely to get involved. At least I'm guilty of letting a lot of the 'free' demos pass.

BTW that last 50's and 60's Rock and Roll fakebook has turned out to be something I play almost everday, except for the 2 weeks I ended up in the hospital, and somedays I fire it up and play the various organs in the SD2 for hours. And redoing it because of the newer version impressed me lots.

Thanks!

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Here's what I think. Notes has always been allowed to do this . I've had a couple of posts nuked as well. No advertising just some other issues cause I posted a link to a My Space page of someone who I thought was a troll. BTW she's not been back.
Last time I saw this was with Syntrillium the makers of Cool Edit & Cool Edit Pro. They got a new WebMaster the did a clean sweep of the Forums. two weeks later we were told that the Company had been sold to Adobe. As some of you know Cool Edit is now Adobe Audition.
PLEASE say it ain't happening.
Maybe whoever was doing the moderating was wearing two hats and they've hired someone as moderator and he/she is a little over Zealous.
I do hope so.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

<...snip...>take one of your styles and put it to use in the new showcase forum <...>

Showcase forum?

I don't know about this.

Where do I find it?

Thanks,
Notes ♫

PS. I like the 50s and 60s Fake Disk myself. Thanks for the kind words about it.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
If it had been a snake Notes you'd be bitten. No covers allowed though.
User Showcase

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks John,

I've bookmarked it.

Notes ♫

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Maybe its because PGmusic are pushing their realpacks and if someone see a new midi fake disk instead (and has a limited amount of money to spend) they could well buy that, thus PG looses money.

That is the meaning that I read from the Webmasters post.

I have enjoyed downloading the free songs from Notes website, thanks to him for making those available to us for no cost.

Keep up the good work Bob.

Musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks.

Actually, I think I'm providing a service to PG Music by continuing to make MIDI styles. Many people prefer them because of their ability to be exported and edited. I can provide new styles for those people so that they are not "BiaB Orphans", and many will continue to buy each year's upgrades when they might not have if orphaned.

But that's just my opinion of course, and I'm looking at it from my own point of view.

Peter Gannon has been very supportive and helpful to me through the years, so I really don't think he is trying to stop me from supporting the program.

Again, just my thoughts on the subject.

Notes ♫

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Something is up. "taint Peter's style to delete posts. I do just hope it's a new employee getting his/her feet wet.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Actually, I think I'm providing a service to PG Music by continuing to make MIDI styles.

I'll second that for Norton's styles. As much as I like RealTracks, I still use a lot of MIDI styles. And PG hasn't made any in a long time, so I'm thankful that Notes is still doing it.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
All good points from everybody and to a degree everyone is right Both Notes Norton and PGmusic both looking at their business model from their point of view I feel.

I hope something can be sorted out between Bob and PG, maybe even where PG can offer Norton disks directly from this site therefore maybe saving Bob all the hassle of hosting and other expenses etc.

Just my thoughts on the subject as I know the Norton disks are first rate and have a live sound to them.

Musiclover

Last edited by musiclover; 08/04/10 12:32 PM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
W
Expert
Expert
W
There is a niche for midi styles that RT's can't yet fill and likely won't.
I think one problem with midi is the arcane event list editing. Though I haven't tried all the editors out there, they all seem 10-20 yrs old in GUI and ease of use, not that I have anything better to offer.
I like the idea of more styles being made for BIAB, more is better and Notes has done a great job with his.
Adding more ways of using BIAB with 3rd party products and information can only help PG Music, we're mostly customers here and the spam that gets through gets jumped on by other forum members as fast or faster than the webmaster because we enjoy the fellowship and the product.
If I run across something that I feel will benefit others on the forum, I post it because I think it will help others here use BIAB or RB to a higher level, not for self-indulgent spam

Wyndham

Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
We always support third party style developers, and Notes is at the top of that list. We are happy to see his posts about his new styles disks, and glad that he is continuing to make his high-quality MIDI styles for Band-in-a-Box.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics81,983
Posts740,102
Members38,652
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DaveHornet, EnzoJames, BIAB4Me, Al TH 02, Raenil
38,651 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)