Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#271380 11/29/14 08:23 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Seems I'm the first on the forum to announce it!
(except for MikeK on ShoutBox)

Now for the delivery wait ...should be a couple of weeks if I'm lucky?

You guys in the USA have no idea how lucky you are to live in a first world country!!

I'm on a 4mb ADSL line , I read about 100mb download speeds over there....we are only dreaming of that ...

I'm doing allright for Country Trash ....

I used to care, but things have changed (Bob Dylan)

BIAB 2022W + RB
M-Audio FastTrack C600, Rode NT2-A
Digitech VoiceLive 4

Epiphone Sheraton, Ibanez 12str, Washburn 6str, Cort 6Str Nylon
Yanagisawa Tenor Sax

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
YEPS! Just saw it!!!! laugh

Journeyman
Journeyman
Ooops, I held off buying 2014 waiting for the discounts on 2015 but first time purchases aren't discounted frown

Am I correct is saying that the EverythingPak special upgrade price of $159 is only for people who have the 2014 EverythingPak or would it also apply to 2014 Pro owners? If the latter then I will try and find someone selling a boxed 2014 Pro pack (there must be some on shelves somewhere) so that I can then upgrade it.

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK, CbB, Studio One 5 Pro, Fender USA Tele, Harley Benton Fusion & others.
P
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
P
Just downloaded 2015 but can't get the real tracks to install. All of them give similar error messages:

An error occurred while copying a file:
The source file is corrupted

Downloading again doesn't help. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Philip

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
OMG! There are some very cool new features and some awesome new RealTracks! This is going to be a Very Merry Christmas for me!

Veteran
Veteran
Philip,

Occasionally, files don't transfer properly over the internet. That happens with the PG Music downloads from time to time, too.

What are you using to download?

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
Receder,

It might be that PG Music have not yet settled on special prices for first time purchasers. While history is not a guarantee, in the past, there have been special deals across the board.

Also, the $159 updgrade is from Everything Pak 2014 to Everything Pak 2015 (as I understand it at least). I'm not a PG Music employee, though.

Lastly, the UltraPlusPak also has all Realtracks, Realdrums, styles, etc. From reading the forums, that's probably one of the most popular packages.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. There's nothing to stop you writing to sales@pgmusic.com and asking if there will be special deals for first time purchasers of 2015. Sales staff don't involve themselves in the users' forums so it's unlikely that they'll respond to your question. PG Music are a very honourable company and they will answer your questions honestly.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #271393 11/30/14 12:49 AM
P
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
P
Hi Noel,

Thanks for responding. I'm using Chrome to download the files. All the other files (like the Pluspack) download and install fine. Only the RealPack files have this problem, even after downloading them again. Seems to me something is wrong with the source files, not the download process.

Also tried to download with IE but then somehow my serial number isn't recogized.

Sent a mail to support, hopefully they can tell me what to do.

Cheers

Philip

receder #271394 11/30/14 01:13 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: receder
Ooops, I held off buying 2014 waiting for the discounts on 2015 but first time purchases aren't discounted frown

Am I correct is saying that the EverythingPak special upgrade price of $159 is only for people who have the 2014 EverythingPak or would it also apply to 2014 Pro owners? If the latter then I will try and find someone selling a boxed 2014 Pro pack (there must be some on shelves somewhere) so that I can then upgrade it.

Looks to me like $179 lets you upgrade from any version to the EverthingPak .. but I'd ask PGMusic.
"Upgrade from 2012 or earlier or crossgrade"

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Veteran
Veteran
A little confused here.

I do have the 2014 ultrapak and wonder would the 2015 Plus pak at 99$ gave me all the extra stuff I need?

Maybe?

Musiclover

Last edited by musiclover; 11/30/14 01:31 AM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Veteran
Veteran
I'm wondering how we get the JBridge deal mentioned in advert ..

rharv #271418 11/30/14 03:32 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Me too Rharv. Don't see it mentioned anywhere! Is this an add-on or is it embedded in 2015?

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
Veteran
Veteran
I believe it is an add-on. Maybe they haven't got it set up for sale yet.
The advert says-
"We’ve added direct support for 64-bit VST plugins (using jBridge available from us for only $10 during the special)"

They're probably swamped with orders right now .. smile
I'm trying to be patient.
I even tried going through checkout to see if it was offered along the way but not as far as I can see so far.

Last edited by rharv; 11/30/14 03:39 AM.

Journeyman
Journeyman
I get errors in my installation of my realtracks like some other forummembers.........
files are corrupted, downloaded with chrome and another time with orbit downloader....
And could not find jbridge
Biab 2015 is working fine and some nice features added.
Very happy with the new strings

Rob de Klerk, Dutch singer-songwriter
https://www.robdeklerk.nl

Biab 2023, Cakewalk, N.I. Komplete 14, Win 10,64, Ozone 9 elements suite, Presonus studio 24c
Veteran
Veteran
BIAB 2015 was just released at midnight last night (eastern) so as rharv says, they are swamped. Give things some time to settle. For downloads, make sure you have a download manager to avoid having to start again if your download is interrupted.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S
To Philip:
This often happens to Realtracks, solution might be to "clear the cache" (got that tip from PG). Restart your browser after clearing and give it another go. That has been the solution for me on the last 2 RT downloads.
Cheers

Journeyman
Journeyman
I've had a few corrupt downloads (RealTracks)that I needed to re-download. Some of the RTs, though have 1-4 corrupt content (WMA) files which I suspect will be fixed sometime soon.

Jan - 12 Core AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
32GB DDR4
Win 10 64-bit
Samsung m.2 SSD Boot drive,other SSD internal and USB drives.
MOTO 2
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Yamaha RX-v381amp
VB-Audio virtual cables
Veteran
Veteran
Great tip from Soolan just above.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Noel96 #271477 11/30/14 06:23 AM
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Receder,

It might be that PG Music have not yet settled on special prices for first time purchasers. While history is not a guarantee, in the past, there have been special deals across the board.

Also, the $159 updgrade is from Everything Pak 2014 to Everything Pak 2015 (as I understand it at least). I'm not a PG Music employee, though.

Lastly, the UltraPlusPak also has all Realtracks, Realdrums, styles, etc. From reading the forums, that's probably one of the most popular packages.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. There's nothing to stop you writing to sales@pgmusic.com and asking if there will be special deals for first time purchasers of 2015. Sales staff don't involve themselves in the users' forums so it's unlikely that they'll respond to your question. PG Music are a very honourable company and they will answer your questions honestly.

Noel, Many thanks for the information and suggestions. I will do what you suggest as it's got to be worth a try.
I was kind of hoping that the upgrade price would be from any version of BIAB 2014 but I guess that would not make sense i.e. people who had bought Pro 2014 would be paying the same to upgrade as those who had spent a lot more on UltraPlusPak 2014.

Originally Posted By: rharv

Looks to me like $179 lets you upgrade from any version to the EverthingPak .. but I'd ask PGMusic.
"Upgrade from 2012 or earlier or crossgrade"

Thanks rharv, I see what you mean. So pay 129$ for Pro then crossgrade to either UltraPlusPak for 159$ or EverythingPak for 179$. I will also check this with PGM.

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK, CbB, Studio One 5 Pro, Fender USA Tele, Harley Benton Fusion & others.
soolan #271540 11/30/14 09:08 AM
P
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
P
Originally Posted By: soolan
To Philip:
This often happens to Realtracks, solution might be to "clear the cache" (got that tip from PG). Restart your browser after clearing and give it another go. That has been the solution for me on the last 2 RT downloads.
Cheers

Hi Soolan,

Thanks for the tip. Definitely worth a try, but alas, still the same problem. Many other people now report the same problem in another thread, so I'm getting more and more convinced that the RT files on the PG Music servers are indeed corrupt and it's not the download process that causes the problems.

Hope they fix it soon

Philip

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics81,990
Posts740,147
Members38,654
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
paraschiv25, Helm73, JohnRiversaa, DaveHornet, EnzoJames
38,654 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)