Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Veteran
Veteran
Jim, are you in contact with PG Music, maybe Kent? There are only a couple of you I can see who are still having trouble with BIAB 2019. It does seem to be something about the combination of your equipment and the new BIAB. I'm rooting for you and following your posts, although without the same equipment I can't help test anything.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi Matt,

In contact? Well, no. But when I spoke with Kent last week about the count-in distortion thing, I also mentioned the ASIO problems and the sound stopping when clicking on the mixer. He said at that time that he had noticed something similar.

Later, when Blake took over, and gave me the 608 update, I anwered his email and also emphasized that those two issues were still not fixed. I haven't been in contact with either of them since then. So I can only assume that someone, somewhere, is still working on those issues.

I will be trying to connect with someone soon, however.
I'm currently on the wrong computer to check BIAB.

Jim

Last edited by James Francisco; 12/23/18 07:25 AM.

BIAB 2020 with Reaper 6, on an AMD 8 core CPU, 16GB RAM, 240 GB SSD and 1 TB HD. Retired and trying to make some serious music, before Arthur Ritis spoils the fun.
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks, Jim. Good luck.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Apprentice
Apprentice
For any who might be interested, I downloaded and installed the 609 update, and it made no difference. BIAB would still not connect to the Steinberg ASIO driver. And that was whether I ran BIAB as Administrator or not. Both 32 bit and 64 bit.

Now in process of calling Tech support to see if there is anything else that can be done.

(Also still have the problem with the playback stopping for a second when the mixer is engaged, or a track selected.)

Jim

BIAB 2020 with Reaper 6, on an AMD 8 core CPU, 16GB RAM, 240 GB SSD and 1 TB HD. Retired and trying to make some serious music, before Arthur Ritis spoils the fun.
B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
I have a Steinberg UR22 connected and set as the ASIO driver in BIAB.

If I enter the Audio Drivers tab and go to the ASIO Driver's Control Panel if get an error message which states "Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO" driver is not connected, so audio output will be silent.

Despite this, I get sound through the UR22 when I generate and play a song in BIAB.

I have the 609 update, and the latest driver for the UR22.

Expert
Expert
I was waiting to see any reaction from PG. Not yet, weird, Kent must be on a (well deserved) holiday break.

It seems that there are more UR22 issues with ASIO-USB:

ASIO USB UR22 -1
ASIO USB UR22 -2

So there might be rather a Steinberg driver related problem. Try to mail Ed Doll at Steinberg personally through the forum, he's helped me out; at least and has the right connections.

Steinberg UR series forum

What you could try is go into device manager, switch off in ALL USB hub properties the Power thing. see picture. This is one of those settings windows update usually screws up again and again, why never dare to use it anymore LoL.

-------------
more various info: Asio4all
A VERY USEFUL USB TOOL: USBdeview

Searching for info i came across this: AQVOX asio Might be not related to your problems however. Luck, F

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
USB hub settings.jpg (102.22 KB, 185 downloads)
Veteran
Veteran
Since you have a Steinberg driver, do you also have the Steinberg Generic Low Latency driver (that has come with every Steinberg product I've purchased). Have you given that a try to see if it works?

Just a thought.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Veteran
Veteran
Hopefully you know this. Only one program at a time can use ASIO.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: silvertones
Hopefully you know this. Only one program at a time can use ASIO.

Not quite alas; I just had BIAB and Cubase using an RME ASIO driver playing back together over the same channels. Hectic sound but it works ... F

Veteran
Veteran
There are some new versions of ASIO that support more than one device. It still is probably not a good idea in general.

Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello everyone,

I've been continually trying to find a solution to the Steinberg ASIO USB driver issue, but so far am still unsuccessful.

For those who may be curious...

1. I never was able to reach PG Music Technical Support on Dec 27th. I called during their regular business hours, but the phone rang at least 10 times before I got a recording saying to call during regular business hours! ?? Then it disconnected me. I did not call back, yet.

2. I've sent 3 or 4 emails both to Support and to Sales and have not received any response from any of them (I suspect in this case that my emails may not be getting through, since I haven't gotten the usual auto-response emails from PG Music).

3. There was no Steinberg "Low Latency Driver" with my UR22, nor is there one mentioned on their website, that I can find. I did see a reference to it on another forum where the person said he had to remove it to cure a problem. Didn't read much further than that, though.

4. I only use the ASIO driver for one audio program at a time. It works fine with Reaper, Cakewalk, AIR Ignite, and previous versions of BIAB.

5. Some of you have commented on my elderly laptop as possibly being the culprit... I tend to agree. So today I purchased a new computer with an 8 core, 16 Gig RAM, 3.xx GHZ processor MOBO, and a 1 TB drive. I have not installed BIAB 2019 yet as I am putting some of my other stuff on there first.

Do you think I should try to contact PG Music again before re-installing BIAB 2019 so that they can note that this re-installation is to "hopefully" cure a problem and should not affect my activations? Just wondering.

I'll let everyone know what I find when I get it all installed again. I certainly hope a new, fairly fast computer will solve the problem! If not, then I guess the next thing will be to use an audio interface other than Steinberg.

Thanks,

Jim

Veteran
Veteran
Did you identify anyone else using BIAB with that Steinberg interface?

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: James Francisco
.... Some of you have commented on my elderly laptop as possibly being the culprit... I tend to agree. So today I purchased a new computer with an 8 core, 16 Gig RAM, 3.xx GHZ processor MOBO, and a 1 TB drive. I have not installed BIAB 2019 yet as I am putting some of my other stuff on there first. Jim

Drastic Measures Sir !, and i am jealous; mine has only 6, SIQ. Luxury problem. As for other brands hardware; i never regretted buying an expensive RME. But maybe it's wise to buy a cheaper one and flunk it when the (driver) going gets tough. I was quite content with my old M-audio Delta 1010 parallel interface, served me well over 10 years. Alas parallel disappeared from the planet. Went for Firewire, still the best system, never any latency hiccups etc. USB sucks for audio too often. I still have my old PC as backup with a PCI Soundblaster Audigy ZS2, complete with breakout box, headphone jack with volume pot, SPDIF optical. Best of all: a GM2 synth with programmable synthfont RAM. IMO one of the best systems for home based systems. There seem to be newer PCIe versions around ?? PS switch off your motherboard's HD audiochip in BIOS, also on your graphics card as with AMD Radeon. Disable it in Device Panel, but don't un-install them ... Want more driver trouble: MOTU. -F

B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
I can use my UR22 with BIAB, but if I then start Cakewalk to drag and drop the BIAB song, I get an error message when Cakewalk starts that ASIO is not working so there will be no audio.

So BIAB and Cakewalk successfully use the Steinberg UR22 with ASIO driver, but only independently. When both programs are running, one of them spits the dummy.

Veteran
Veteran
Jim,

Activation is computer specific and users get three activations.

This means that you will be able to keep both computers running fine if you want to (while you are sorting out this problem). If you want to deactivate your other computer, go to "Help | Utilities".

All the best with your new computer. It sounds fantastic!!!

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Apprentice
Apprentice
Well, Matt, Fiddler, Bunyip, and Noel...

It ain't the computer's fault.

I just installed BIAB 2019 this evening on my kinda new computer, and it still will not connect to the Steinberg Asio driver!

So... that tells me there is some problem between BIAB 2019 and Steinberg's version of a usb driver. Since I can hear BB fine using the WAS or MME settings, and the ASIO driver still works as it should with other audio programs, I'm not going to pursue this any further. This is between PG Music and Yamaha/Steinberg. I'll let them worry about it.

However, a more serious problem (to me) was the playback stopping whenever I clicked on the mixer. That is now gone, so it must have been my old computer's advanced age.

One new wrinkle that I noticed tonight is that the little black rectangle that shows what measure you're on, is about 1 to 2 measures ahead of the music now. Weird, but again, I'm not pursuing that.

I've had this software for almost 2 weeks now and haven't gotten to seriously use it, yet. I really appreciate all of you offering suggestions to me of things to try. Only hope that PG Music was reading these once in a while so they can take advantage of our discussions.

And my appologies to the one who started this thread. I never intended to take it over. I just thought that the more of us involved with the discussion, the more apt PG Music might be to listen to us.

Thanks!

Jim

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
James and anyone else in this thread,

Make sure you are using build 610, as there were specific ASIO drivers addressed in that release.
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=513436#Post513436

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thank you, Peter! I didn't know that there was a 610 release. I'll go right now and download/install it.

Much appreciated!

Jim

G
Apprentice
Apprentice
G
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
James and anyone else in this thread,

Make sure you are using build 610, as there were specific ASIO drivers addressed in that release.
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=513436#Post513436

610 seems to have fixed ASIO for the Roland UA25-EX.

Thanks Peter

Regards
Graham
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello Peter,

I'm afraid that BIAB 2019 still does not like the Steinberg ASIO driver. What I found after I had installed the 610 patch, was that: although BIAB now recognized and connected to the Steinberg ASIO driver, the sound quality was not good. Specifically, the sound would completely drop out randomly, and other times would create a crackling noise in the music.

By switching to my Behringer UMC404HD interface and drivers, the sound output was flawless and all of the beloved functions of BIAB work wonderfully. Obviously, I won't be using the Steinberg interface with BIAB, but it still works great with all of my other audio and recording programs.

Thank you,

James Francisco

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics81,991
Posts740,153
Members38,654
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
paraschiv25, Helm73, JohnRiversaa, DaveHornet, EnzoJames
38,654 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)