Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DStumm #101103 01/09/11 08:06 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
All I wanted to know was if people had heard from those 3 people. I haven't seen them post in a while and wanted to check on them.

This is NOT the 1st time someone has asked about someone in the forum.

Thanks for hijacking my inquiry and turning this into some BS. I appreciate it.

Trax

Muzic Trax #101104 01/09/11 08:18 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Trax,

For my part in "hijacking" your thread, I apologize.

But I'd still like to know who posted this under the name of DStumm:

Quote:

Maybe it's time for another "suicide mission." It worked last year for a couple of months.

John?

FWIW, I started a new thread with this question. This is the second time I've had suicide come up as responses to posts I've made, so I'd really like to know who's posting them.

Sorry if that's an inconvenience to you, but I hope PG can trace "suicide" comments. If you were the target of these comments, I bet you'd like to know who made them too.

Last edited by bobcflatpicker; 01/09/11 08:40 PM.
DStumm #101105 01/09/11 09:25 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I'm one of the few, a stage 4 cancer survivor. 2 months short of a year. I did get within a few feet of death in late May, but somehow pulled through. The docs said a life time of weight lifting and an extra 30 pounds helped when I couldn't swallow or breathe.

I think the ability to share technical knowledge with personal non religious and political beliefs is important. We are, after all, humans not machines.

That said there are vast differences in our lives. Our educations, our outlooks, and our beliefs.

I would not want to be some cookie cutter person from elsewhere.

I'm me. And friken' proud of it.

Put that in yer pipe and smoke it.

And I still want 6/8, 12/8 and more old celtic Realtracks.

And I still read 300 pages a day, and darned if I'm quitting now. I don't care if it's Greek, French, German, or English. I'll even do Spanish if I can get it. And I start at Gregorian Chant and end about circa 1910. Almost no good music since then, but I put up with Jazz as the best alternative, except for a bit of Lightfoot and Stan Rogers. With deference to a few 60's acts.

John Conley
Musica est vita
John Conley #101106 01/09/11 11:54 PM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Is there an optometrist in the house? Somebody's having a serious "I" problem. And it's chronic, been going on for a long time.

Last edited by lkmuller; 01/10/11 12:39 AM.
Muzic Trax #101107 01/10/11 04:06 AM
Off-Topic
P
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
P
Quote:

All I wanted to know was if people had heard from those 3 people. I haven't seen them post in a while and wanted to check on them.

Trax

Don't know where this is going...

Sorry Trax, I was also part of the hijackers. Will try to be more alert to post subjects related to the first entry.

Last edited by Pierre Julien; 01/10/11 04:06 AM.

Best of all and hope your day is a nice one

Pierre

IMac OSX 10.6.5 / latest BIAB
vista BIAB 2008
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
The question was answered. The only person in the group I could have comment on was Russ, but I knew precisely what had been reported, no more, no less.

I guess it should be added to the wish list that the orginator of a thread can kill any comment in it. Censorship at it's finest.

John Conley
Musica est vita
John Conley #101109 01/10/11 06:58 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I am sorry I also continued the Hijack and responded to JC comment.
I have had a couple of recent,Christmas time,exchanges with Gary about buying a new computer & also some issues he was having with some AD/DA convertors he was working on. I think he's very involved with his job at this point.
Russ was at BETA each day and as stated has a new hobby.
I've seen Ray around some.
I also want to say that keeping the Forum more technical or at least less volatile by not discussing certain very controversial subjects is my OPINION no more no less. My opinion doesn't really matter. It's Peter's opinion that counts & it appears that it's OK with him.These subjects just don't interest me in this venue but if some of you like it have at it. I'll just stay out of it. Argue all you want that's OK. What's not OK is this suicide issue. That's crossing the line no matter were you are or who you are.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Muzic Trax #101110 01/10/11 05:43 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Trax

Eddie,

I heard from Russ today, he is having fun (as someone stated earlier) doing the RC Airplane thing but also playing in a 3 piece country group.

Later,

Danny C. #101111 01/10/11 05:49 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. No worries guys, things happen

Trax

Muzic Trax #101112 01/10/11 10:50 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Ok. 2 things:
    1. I'm alive, I'm well, I'm happy.

2. Quit belly aching about posts.
Life's too short to be arguing about trivial stuff Mates. Stick to things that make you happy. Me? I'm into RC Airplanes. I'm in a 3Pc country/rock band and having a good time. I'm in good health. What more could a guy want? I'm happy that I've got so many friends on Pgmusic. I also have the Alferd E. Newman approach when someone tries to tick me off. "What, me worry"?

My hello to all and also my 2¢ worth.

Russ
Anyday above ground is a good day

Computer is Hp Pavillion Vision
6 Ghz quad core AMD processor
8 Gig memory
1 TB hard drive
6 GB hard drive
Windows 7 Premium
Loose nut behind the keyboard laugh

Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Hi Russ,

It's always good to hear from you. Drop around a little more often, eh?

Don S.

Curmudgeon #101114 01/11/11 04:08 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Glad to hear that all is good Russ.

Cheers,
Keith
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
RC's eh? The wife's one of those. I'm just a back slid Baptist on account I drank beer. Now it's one a weak. Waste of money, almost as cheap as milk though.

John Conley
Musica est vita
John Conley #101116 01/17/11 11:11 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

RC's eh? The wife's one of those. I'm just a back slid Baptist on account I drank beer. Now it's one a weak. Waste of money, almost as cheap as milk though.

Your wife's ... what??? You sure you're not whackin' down more than one a week?

Russ
Anyday above ground is a good day

Computer is Hp Pavillion Vision
6 Ghz quad core AMD processor
8 Gig memory
1 TB hard drive
6 GB hard drive
Windows 7 Premium
Loose nut behind the keyboard laugh

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Didn't read the whole thread. I am here on occasion, but I've been spending too much time on Rimfire Central helping people over there, and getting help myself, much as I've done here.

So, Russ is flying R/C airplanes, huh? That ought to be good for him. I've been thinking about getting my plane upgraded to electric, but when you go out and buy a brick of ammo, and it's $90, and you shoot it up in two weeks, you don't have money for batteries or electric motors or such. By the way, for those that don't know, a 'brick of ammo' is 10 boxes of 50 rounds, so 500 rounds. Compared to what you'll pay in Walmart, it's about 4 times as expensive, but it waaaaaaaay more accurate.

My shooting mentor is a bass player, and I'm going to be introducing her to BIAB here shortly.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Quote:

Your wife's ... what??? You sure you're not whackin' down more than one a week?

Russ, RC is Roman Catholic. R/C is Radio Controlled. So, no, she isn't what you think she was. At least *I* don't think she is what you thunk she was.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Gary Curran #101119 01/21/11 11:56 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Um, ok. Now a Radio Controlled wife, that would be more than interesting. I don't know what I would get her to do. As she is the snow shoveler (Doctor told her not to letme do it), and she takes 2 bags of garbage to the curb once a week, I don't know how much use that would be for me. I enjoy the cleaning and cooking, and as she goes to work still it gives me something to do.

Now I've got the theme from the Jetson's in my head.

Hey Gary, how's the 'ruggedness' of Korg stuff. I looked at a ps 60, which has all the features I want, at a local music shop. It was $699.00. I used to think I had to have one with 88 keys, but I lost the top octive hearing wise, and my current keyboard, a Roland Rogers W50 is starting to have issues with sticking buttons for changing instruments. (I really only use piano/organs/strings.)

And the volume slider is wonky, I might try to clean it.

I have...................GAS.

John Conley
Musica est vita
John Conley #101120 01/21/11 12:51 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
John,
Do you mean the PA60? Should be a great keyboard, provided it wasn't abused by the previous owner.

It'll have all the features of the PA80, except the digital drawbars. As to optional features, it won't have the hard drive, but for the most part that isn't an issue.

Gary

Last edited by Gary Curran; 01/21/11 01:33 PM.

Gary Curran #101121 01/21/11 01:53 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
No Gary..this one.

And it's new.

http://www.korg.com/ps60

John Conley
Musica est vita
John Conley #101122 01/21/11 02:50 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
John,
I haven't seen that one yet, but my Korg keyboards have stood up over time. I've had three of them now, I leave my current one on all the time, the cats lays on it, pushes the buttons, tries to sharpen her claws on the speaker grill, and the thing just keeps on going.

Sounds like a good deal, though.

Gary

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,982
Posts739,636
Members38,630
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
JOSEP ALEXANDER, deathbydrone2045, Henreo, Lzn, The Rock Opera
38,629 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)