Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
The music is strictly BIAB and RealTracks, specifically, Brent Mason guitar styles. I found a nice bluegrass fiddle style then entered the chord progression and tweaked things until I got what you hear. I wish that I could take more credit away from Dr. Peter Gannon, PG Music crew, Brent Mason, et al, but I can't. I'd like to say that I labo(u)ed for weeks on my opus but, in point of fact, the tune was 10 minutes work. The editing was another matter entirely. LOL.

Thanks for listening.

- Ludwig von Gaynor

(Sorry, I never could be serious)

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Nice combination of music and pictures. I really like the fiddle tune for its liveliness. It makes the feet move. So it is a catchy tune for clogging. Alas, I don't clog -- I do square dancing (I dance, teach and call).

Guido

Desktop; i7-2600k, 8 GB mem., Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build
Laptop: i5-2410M, 4 GB mem, Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build
GHinCH #154177 03/20/12 05:30 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Danke, Guido! I only speak what we military people called GI German. In other words, beer, schnitzel und sourkrout mit shoshlik. What little I speak was learned phonetically which my wife and I learned from our young German babysitter, Margit. I spent 5 years there liberating the gasthauses. Wonderful people and premium beer and foods.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Well, I know what you mean: Wo ist der Bahnhof? Zuerst links und dann geradeaus. :-)

I grew up in Stuttgart and spent a great deal with GI's. I bought a pedal steel guitar in 1977 -- actually exactly the first one I have ever seen -- in Patrick Henry Village in Heidelberg. I don't play that steel anymore but I still have it.

Beer and food: I see your point. But I never had to starve in the US. I found some pretty good foods there. Once you get to know the beers to avoid one also never has to suffer from thirst also. Many moons ago I also found decent German type bread in Philadelphia and they even spoke German there.

By the way, you have been succesful. The gasthauses are still liberated.

Guido

GHinCH #154179 03/21/12 04:08 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
That reminds me, we had a street vendor frau who sold brochen and worst just outside the main gate. Excellent eating, I'll say. At that time, the exchange rate was 4 DM per US$ and a brochen was 50 pfennig. That was about in 1960. What is the exchange rate today?

Regarding food; we have, what is called Southwestern flavor foods. Strong Mexican influence, meaning very hot. Everything is flavored with very hot Chili Peppers. Once you become accustomed to it, it's very good.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
The exchange rate today is desastrous compared to 1960: 50 Pfennig, that's about 25 Euro-Cents (24,99-something), today would need 33 USD-Cents. Giving the average salary of a GI up to E-4, E-5, that is luxury afforded not too often.

But on the other hand groceries in Germany got more expensive on one hand through regular inflation and on the other hand some even grew cheaper because of more efficiency and world market prices. I'm not so sure that in the same time the quality improved also.

You can buy Brötchen now for as little as 10 Uero-Cents. I don't say that they are good. They are factory made. The recipe is probably from a baker optimised by a comptroller.

In the 1950s and early 1960s a German family spent up to 75 percent of its income on groceries. Today the same family could get by spending about 20 to 25 percent for the same food basket.

Food in the Southwest: Mexican influenced food is tasty, especially if you reduce the stonger hot stuff. I like that kind of food: good and ripe vegetable indredients and premium meats. But quality ingredients and a skilled cook is always a good combination.

Guido

GHinCH #154181 03/22/12 07:51 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I live in a small college town (OSU Technical School) and we probably have 10 - 12 Mexican restaurants, mostly dine-in, family places, and they are always quite busy. Tracy, my former aide, was Mexican and she scoffed at what we Gringos (what the Mexicans call us Northerners) call Mexican food. Our chili and cuisine is quite tame by comparison. Now, if you want HOT chili, go to Texas. Their chili serves double-duty as paint remover. Bobflatpicker from these forums posted The Texas Chili Cook-off last year and it was hilarious. As they say, good chili should "...burn at both ends!" Aka, Mexican (or Texan) After Burners!

We have a huge Native-American population which introduce their own delicious foods. Several of my aides are Cherokee, which are a very beautiful race, and their fry-bread is wonderful. You know you have eaten something when eat that.

To keep this thread music related, my story of how the term Gringo came about: Around the end of the Civil War (which is an excellent example of an oxymoron, btw) c1865, a popular song was Green Grow The Lilacs. The Texas cowboys would sing it to soothe the cattle through the night. Meanwhile, the Mexican cowboys were listening across the Rio Grande and learning the lyrics phonetically. They had difficulty with "green grow," which is a tongue-twister to the Spanish-speaking people. Consequently, "green grow" became corrupted to "Gringo."

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! What does Snops.com know? LOL

Here is the Civil War song: Green Grow (Gringo) The Lilacs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BCNSeDOqKw

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Great story, Don. Very amusing!

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Welp, octualay, I found two styles that seemed to suit then I changed styles on the 3rd chorus to bring in the banjo. F5 opens the option to change styles at any bar, btw. I first "unfolded' the song so I could see the appropriate bar. Right click within the target bar to access the menu.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics81,910
Posts739,628
Members38,645
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
JazzMan01, kssyblls01, maxtern, 1Oleg1, Delta 8 Austin
38,645 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 155
musocity 105
DC Ron 97
rsdean 93
dcuny 80
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.