Quote:

Hey Notes, I am confused....how is "America, the Beautiful" a Gospel song?!

It was in the book, Gospel's Greatest Fake Book. Blame Hal Leonard. I guess they felt the following lines were enough to include the song: God shed His grace on thee ... God mend thine ev'ry flaw ... May God thy gold refine.

But I agree with you, that one is questionable. There are about a half dozen songs that I thought were good songs but not really appropriate for Gospel. On the other hand there are 450 songs on the disk from the Classic Hymns that have been loved for years, to Traditional Favorite Gospel songs, to Southern Gospel, to African-American Spirituals, to Contemporary P&W songs by artists like: Dottie Rambo, Sandi Patty, Mavis Staples, Amy Grant, Carman, CeCe Winans, Andraé Crouch, Steven Curtis Chapman, Tramaine Hawkins, Michael W. Smith, Petra, Jars of Clay, Take 6, Nehemiah Brown, David Phelps, and The Gaithers.

Go to http://www.nortonmusic.com/fake30.html and look at the song list on the right hand side of the page, and you will see that almost all of them are definitely either Gospel or Contemporary Christian Music titles.

I chose America The Beautiful as the demo song because I released it a week before the 4th of July (our Independence Day) and I was feeling rather patriotic at the time.

Despite the minor flaws, it's a great book. And Leilani did a fantastic job, sometimes stretching the limits of Band-in-a-Box and getting to do things it wasn't designed to do in order to make the songs sound right.

Since I released it I've received many e-mails from happy customers telling me how much they like the disk and thanking me for compiling it.

Notes ♫

Brand new 2012.5 updates from Norton Music:
  • 2 new style disks for Band-in-a-Box
  • 2 new free (with a purchase) fancy intro/ending disks for Real Band and other DAW's
  • The Ultimate Gospel Fake Disk
  • The Real Rock Fake Disk (plenty of classic rock in this one)
  • The Beatles Fake Disk
  • And an updated Christmas Fake Disk

Hundreds of Free .sgu and .mp3 demos for the above at: http://www.nortonmusic.com