There's a recent thread talking about a Cakewalk engineer who tested Sonar with Win 8 and he talked about how it works. Apparently all the touch screen tablet stuff is part of Metro not Win 8. Metro has no ability to interface with midi or VST's and it's completely unusable for high level music production that we're talking about. Win 8 however worked great according to him but that's only for a standard PC. Sonar was faster and smoother than Win 7 using the exact same hardware.

From what I read, the problem with tablets is the OS. IOS, Android and now Metro don't have what it takes for us to do our thing unfortunately. They all have music related apps that are kinda sorta fun to play with but nothing that approaches what we need for Biab or any full DAW. If they can't do regular midi or load plugins then what good is it for us?

I totally agree with your comment about references to win 95, MME and antique stuff like that. I've mentioned that for years, it's just words in the help screen. Take that crap out for cryin out loud. Please.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.