Quote:

I guess if we don't see something by Aug 1st, we can assume there's no mid year release. Late June would have been 6 months from the December release. we're already into the 7th month. An August release would mean only 4 months until the Christmas offering, and that short of an interval starts to undermine the likelihood that people would buy something that will be replaced in 4 months.

On the up side:

EVERYBODY will be buying in December!

disclaimer:
I'm just makin' this up. I have no idea what the plan is.

In fairness, I looked at date of purchase for last year and in my case it was Jul 15th, year before was Jun 27 Jun, but in 2009 it was 18 Aug. However, I may have waited or was out of town that year (until this year I was almost never home so I got to my "fun stuff" when I could).

I don't remember ever commenting or asking "when?" about the mid-year or the Christmas offerings. But especially this year, and ONLY in my case, PG may have already missed MY boat. Finances are a lot different this year (and I just bought KARMA for my Motif and my Wife a new Nissan so.....). Unless there is some radical departure from the norm (e.g., something offered at mid-year that will never be offered again) I'll simply wait until end of year now.

However, I do look forward to see what, if anything, PG comes up with.

Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 07/18/12 06:47 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20