Greetings, forumites -

Just thought I'd let you know that I'll be off the forum for the next week or, as I am having surgery tomorrow morning. In late 2011, I had two discectomies to help fix pain resulting for compressed nerves caused by degenerative disc compression of the C5/6 and C6/7. Tomorrow morning I will have surgery again to help fix pain now resulting from compressed nerves caused by compression of the C4/5. Surgery is about 2 1/2 hours and I'll be in the hospital for two to three days.

If anyone is interested in the gory details (you've been warned), here is a YouTube video I found of the exact procedure (I know, TMI):

Cervical Discectomy with Fusion

Unlike what is shown in the video, I will not get the titanium plate and screws and the bone graft will come from my own hip bone. This is not out-patient in my case. The surgery a year ago fixed the pain, until the remaining disc started causing it again, so I am looking forward to pain-free once the surgery completely heals. I can then get back to playing piano and guitar without hurting so much.

I'll have to wear a cervical collar for six weeks following the surgery. At least this time, I know what to expect.

Wish me luck...

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com