Quote:

I am ALWAYS more inclined to watch a VIDEO over an Audio-only post, regardless of forum, because I find it more engaging than audio only (unless there are no competing video equivalents, or more full-featured and user-friendly sites for audio).

Absolutely, couldn't agree more Joe.

Peter, I STRONGLY suggest that you produce nice High Def 720P videos with high bitrate audio for Biab and RB. There's so many beautiful HD vids on YT now that I won't watch a SD one unless it's something I just have to see. All of the major software companies have HD vids now but their older SD ones are still up and I will watch those if I must.

The reason I say that is because I have a 32" big screen for my studio and will occasionally take my laptop to the living room and watch stuff on my 52" big screen. Trying to watch a crappy 360 or even <gasp> a 240 video on a big screen is painful and I just won't do it. I'm at work now and just opened up the newest Biab 2013 vid from the Support page and on my 19" office monitor the Biab main window is unreadable, look at the instrument buttons in green, you can't even read those. I'm assuming at best that video is 360 and probably even 240 it's so bad. That's just unacceptable in today's market. There's been several posts lately about people using big screens for their studios and with the prices so cheap and coming down every day it seems, HD is fast becoming the only way to go.

I was about to suggest if HD is a problem then at least make the vids 480P which is standard def DVD quality but HD is so common now that if you're going to change how you do the vids might as well go all the way and make them 720P. And please realize standard def 480P DVD's have not been sold for years. Blue Ray has been out what 4 or 5 years now? That's 1080P and 1080P sets have been out for 2-3 years now. Things move fast in the high def video arena. These low def videos just make the company look old and out of touch. Seriously, if somebody opens up the 2013 video and doesn't realize it's supposed to be 2013 they're liable to simply close it and they will assume it's an antique from 2007 or something.

Old and out of touch is not cool for a cutting edge music software company.

You know me by now Peter, I'm not trying to be insulting or anything like that, this is just my usual subtle-as-a-train-wreck opinion.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.