Originally Posted By: joden
Originally Posted By: 90 dB

I really don't care what you think. I find the subject matter reprehensible, and your defense of it disgusting.

And yet you waste time and space reacting to comments. If you don't care what others think then why not just walk away. You cast rather nasty inferences and a wide net. Surely you must expect others to call you out on it?

I was not defending anything, merely saying your reaction is a gross over-reaction as I am sure the writers intent was not what you are insinuating.

Are you so arrogant that you cannot even contemplate for a moment, that your "opinion" may actually be wrong regarding this song?

Defending the innocence of children is never a “waste” of my time. Apparently, I am in the minority. That's OK. And it's not my nature to 'walk away'.

You speak of this “writer” in the third person, yet the song is posted under your forum name. Did you write this piece of art or not? If so, why try to distance yourself from it?

Didn't you write:

“The intent was to suggest that the person telling the tale is more troubled by the events than he realizes or admits ("I don't know why, I always sigh, each time I think of her name -- nothing was ever the same.")”?

I have been called arrogant, but usually not to my face. I rather doubt that you would choose to do so; but then, I'm not a 15 year old child, either. grin