I use the AxiomPro 61 keyboard, also an old Samick KK1 fully weighted master keyboard (It's a beast and weighs a ton), ... plus an Oxygen 25.

These, as you can appreciate are not synths but controllers. They control any VSTi and many other facets within a DAW. The learning curve for these is gentle and the programming is automated by the DAW in a lot of instances.

I discarded Soundblaster Elite Pro a while back, it was adequate at best. I tried quite a few soundcards and settled with Asus Xonar Essence STX. It's stable and the sound is extremely impressive.

With a Large Diaphragm Mic and guitars, I feed into an Alesis, straight into the Asus. Once some tracks are layed down I get to work with the keyboards and pen lyrics.

That is where x64 bit VSTi's come in and the quality is paramount. This is also where the frustration kicks in because the invaluable use of using BB to assist with tracks goes without saying ..... BUT, from 32 BB, back to 64 DAW, back to 32 BB, back to 64 DAW ..... AD INFINITUM. It's a real PITA.

I understand that everyone cannot have it all.

I do want x64 BB though because it is unique. It makes writing a song an easier process and also, as backing, it's potential is astronomic, if the VSTi's can be utilised within the software.

Last edited by malevans; 12/03/13 06:51 AM.

Mal