Originally Posted By: Neil1000
I choose not to move ahead with BIAB until it moves forward. There are other intelligent music software solutions in the market.

No, there isn't. Name one.

As to my contention that the number of people who care about 64 bit is small, that cuts both ways. I asked Mal for anything to support his contention that the need for this is "overwhelming". I'll ask you the same thing.

But for me here's the biggest issue. Are you satisfied with six or seven instrument tracks? Is that the normal size of your projects? If so fine, I have nothing more to say but, IF you regularly wind up working with 10, 15, 30 tracks then you're not finishing up your project in Biab anyway, you MUST nove it to a regular DAW so it's there that you can use all the VST's you want with all the 64 bit stuff you want.

Biab is NOT A DAW it's an AUTOGENERATION PROGRAM to create backing tracks.

And, you never heard of the movie Treasure Of The Sierra Madre? The classic line used by a bandit leader about to kill everyone and steal their gold is "Badges, we don't need no stinkin badges!" My line using VST's for badges was a joke that obviously flew right over your head.

I completely understand why you and others really want 64 bit. I get that, I really do, I have a pretty nice home studio with tons of software but still most of the time I use hardware but that's just me I also have Studio One, Acid Pro 7, Kontakt, Sampletank and Garritan. The sampling size in my Kurzweil has squat to do with anything, it's the factory patches that are outstanding plus all the onboard controllers on the keyboard itself I can use to shape the sound in real time.

I know what you're talking about, all I'm saying strictly from the pov of PGM is it may not be worth it to them to rewrite the code just for that. If they lose a few people like yourself, so be it. Oth, I could be completely full of it and 64 bit is scheduled for the next release. Who knows, I'm just another user like you.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.