Originally Posted By: Robh

.....you can fiddle the day away messing with all the gazillions of options, ........ All this is great, but none of it gets any work done in itself.

There are "gear heads" who love having every single piece of software and gadget on the market and relish the ability to know and understand every aspect of that device or software.

As for me, I want a good basic DAW to record my stuff. A DAW that is simple to use and understand and whose process doesn't get in the way of creativity and has an efficient workflow path. Sonar does that for me. I continued to use Sonar since I was a "Cakewalker" from way back and starting to explore RB was basically, learning a new DAW again.... so I simply learned what I needed to do in RB, which is to render the tracks....and have continued to move them to X1.

Just as in Band In A Box and real Band, in Sonar, I know what I need to use to do what I need to do to accomplish the goal. I don't need to know or even understand anything in the rest of the program since I don't use it in my normal working process. I have a manual and help files and forum buddies to go to in the event I do need that stuff.

BTW: on hand tools.... yeah, I have used Makita, Milwaukee, Porter Cable, and Riobie..... They are a bit different IMHO than DAW software.... put in a battery, be sure fingers are clear, and pull the trigger. I do buy now based on the battery prices. $100 for a battery is a real pain. There is a difference in the quality of the tool, and battery run time, and torque, and that makes a difference to me since I do use them on a daily basis in my job.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 01/26/14 06:24 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.