Mario -

The six channels for guitar (which you have to select to use, or depending upon certain styles) use a different channel for each string. That way, for example, you can have one string playing with different settings than another string.

This feature was introduced way back in version 10 (not 2010, but version 10 from 2001). The feature description is:

Quote:
Six Channel Guitar files - MIDI guitar performances for Rock or Country involving bends and slides sound best when output on 6 MIDI channels at once (i.e. a separate channel for each string). This mode is fully supported in Version 10 so that these types of files can be played back perfectly. The "Master Country Guitar Solos" files are good
examples of the need for this feature. Furthermore, "bent notes" can be displayed in blue, and there's even an option to convert the pitch bend range of any guitar tracks and to Insert Visual Bent Notes as a controller event option.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com