I've been doing a lot of lurking on this forum for the past year or so. At the same time, I've experimented with BIAB/RealBand during that time. I've now upgraded to 2016 UltraPlus Pak.

I've been using DAWs since around 1998 from SAWStudio, Cool Edit Pro, Pro-Tools, and more, to now Mixcraft (which btw is an efficient, feature-packed,easy-to-use, affordable product). BUT, I've been watching RealBand tutorials, and see a very practical place for it in my (and my band's) work flow.

1. It allows us to marry the songwriting and arranging process with the production. I can input progressions and form, pick a Real style, and begin replacing BIAB Realtracks with live performances. What other DAW does this? None that I know of...
2. It includes simple, good sounding effects with easy presets. Like all other DAWs, it supports VSTs if those aren't adequate. Listen to Joanne Cooper's "Jesse" recently mixed by Floyd Jane. RealBand effects, and it sounds great!
3. Since the 2014 release, Realband allows volume envelope automation. That's really the essence of mixing. With access to that and VSTs, what else is required for a finished product?

In the coming weeks, I'm going to begin using RealBand to put together a full band production of my band with limited Realtrack augmentation. I did this once before using banjo and pedal steel Realtracks in Mixcraft, but I want to see how work flow is affected by keeping it 100% in the BIAB/RealBand domain. I suspect it may keep things a lot more focused on music making!

Best,
Mark

Last edited by railway mark; 01/09/16 06:21 AM.

Mark
2020 BIAB Audiophile, Mixcraft Pro 9
Band: http://www.midwesternlull.com