Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Noel, This is magnificent. My new favorite of yours. The lyrics, melody, performance and production are all spectacular and spot on. The solo fits like a glove. Great acoustic guitar sound and your vocal is inspired and heartfelt. Really sensational. Bravo! Tom

Noel,

I'll start by copying - and therefore reiterating - all that Tom said - because I thought all those same things.

This is my favorite write of yours of all that I've heard (with the exception of "What A Crazy Thing", of course smile )... Nice and tight.

The opening guitar/vocal is just right. The orchestral phrases after "stars" and "calm" are EXQUISITE!!!! The strings on "whole universe" are tasty...

The solo is sweet. Made me think of something that Glen Campbell would have added to one of his songs - does not get better than that in my book.

The strings that take it out are SO well done!

I'd say - One of your best writes. Your best vocal. Your BEST production!

A big standing O on this one, buddy...

floyd

Hi floyd,

Thanks for all your thoughts. I really appreciate them a lot. It's good when a plan comes together!

Now that I think about it, though, I cannot discount that the four-leaf clover effect may have impacted on this success.

I'd better explain....

In Australia, we're just leaving Winter now and grass doesn't do much until Spring bounces in. Because of this, I haven't mown my lawn for quite a while. When I stepped out of my car a couple of weeks ago, just after I started working on this song, I looked down at my shoes (no idea why) and I was standing in an enthusiastically growing clover patch. When I looked a little closer, beside my heel was a four-leaf clover. I bent down and picked it for pressing. After picking it, I scanned the area and found another two four-leaf clovers. So, all up, in a matter of a couple of minutes, I was holding three four-leaf clovers in my hand.

So, at the end of the day, I guess that I'll never know whether or not I deserve all your kind words. Thank you, though!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024