)) I think what I am reading here is that there are no 'Native' 6/8 time signatures. There are just workarounds that 'resemble' or 'simulate' the 6/8 requirements, albeit many times not too perfectly.

There are native 6/8 styles, like Celtic jigs. Those are present in BiaB as 4/4 styles, but play exactly as if they are 6/8. Instead of trying to read about if these styles exists. why not listen to a style like a Celtic jig on this page and tell me if you hear 6/8.
http://www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.all.php?os=win#104
And if you don't, tell me what time sig you are hearing.

Adding these 6/8 styles isn't some "simulation" as you've called it. It is intentional because this brings these styles into the world of 4/4 where they belong. 6/8 is just a thing for notation, it is not something that people count 1-2-3-4-5-6 as they play.
Think of tapping your foot along to a jig - are you tapping every triplet, of course not, you are tapping every 3rd triplet, which is why they are entered in BiaB as 4/4 styles.

Lots of people in the user showcase add these styles to all kinds of genres like country, folk etc that are also 4/4. And they work because of this.

The 6/8 support that is missing is just the notation. I find the 4/4 representation just fine, since the triplets are notated the same way. In 4/4 you see three 8th notes with a triplet mark. In 6/8 you see three eighth notes with no triplet mark. I think you could read either one easily.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.