BWAHAHAHAHA.... Oh please....THAT blows my mind to no end....

Everybody's telling you just use paper and pencil and grey matter.....

BUT... get ready for this....

Every single one of them is using......BAND IN A BOX. How about you guys and gals go back to using tape and play your own instruments. (not a question....a statement) Then maybe you'll have some credibility when you say use paper and pencil to write songs.

Get real, this is 2016 going on 2017 shortly. Technology is here so use it. If you're writing a song and working on lyrics use whatever resource you have if you get stuck and need some help getting the idea for a new rhyme. You can dig out the old rhyming dictionary or you can load the app on your phone or computer website and type in a work and search for rhymes. If I give you a word and ask for rhymes, you might be able to give me 6 to 10 in a quick minute, and if you think a bit you might hit 18 or so. The computer or app will immediately list 3 to 8 full pages with primary rhymes, and then a page or two of imperfect rhymes, and then switch it to phrases and get several more pages.

So... yeah, there are free online web page writing aids as well as some phone apps. You can also look up MasterWriter and get it. I have that program loaded on my laptop and when I am writing, it's often setting there open and running since I use it to find rhyming words and phrases. More than one time, a word in the rhyme list sparked a new thought and I went back and changed the lead up lines for a whole new twist. MasterWriter has worked just fine for me....and it includes SONGUARD the 3rd party date of origin secure server.

I will use paper and pencil to scribble down an idea or aq line that comes to mind.... but when I write, it's almost always in some form of app or program. I tend to use the lyric document window in BB a lot. It's become my note pad.

And yeah, for the record, I have nothing at all against using a note pad and a pencil to work on lyrics. I have stacks of them.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.