Hi Bob
Re: "Since you're saying this isn't an original MacKenzie midi file but another user". There might be some confusion. I'm very sure this is a Doug McKenzie file, but I think he produced it from the Nord output, not BiaB output.

What is confusing with BiaB is that the VU meter level in the Mixer reacts with the notes in the music perfectly. If I lower the volume, the VU meter level also visibly lowers. If I raise it, the VU meter level increases. But the entire time, the output volume never changes.

The way I see it is that whatever is on that track should change. I compare this to mixing desk where the sound engineer has two separate audio sources connected to one track. Just because there are two inputs shouldn't mean that the mixer volume cannot be adjusted. After all it is controlling the audio level of downstream equipment, not the upstream source.

And the BiaB VU meter does change, indicating that it is recognizing the adjustment somehow.

Anyway, I know how to resolve now. And I definitely agree that MIDI can be troublesome, especially with the virtually unlimited variations in file content.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones