You are exactly right Matt, as long as you are just running BIAB you shouldn't have an issue.
I was forced to use my Mini exclusively for a couple of weeks about a year ago, while my main machine was broken and waiting for parts.

Where I really noticed the big slowdowns, (with 4GB) was when I was running both BIAB and Garageband, to drag and drop tracks from BIAB to GB (something I do a lot).
I'm thinking a SSD would have helped a lot too, since IMHO that little laptop 5400 RPM drive is definitely the weak link in the Mac Mini.
Switching from one app to another with 4GB was painfully slow, you could hear that little drive working like crazy to page all that VM to and from the disk.

Since I was only using the Mini temporarily, I didn't transfer all my plugins over, but I imagine using a lot of plugins could affect performance as well (especially "jbridging" 64-bit plugins as you said).

For just messing around with BIAB itself you should be fine, but for serious work I would consider upgrading the RAM.

Just my $.02 though, YMMV, I'm not trying to talk you out of it (really I'm not). smile
Hopefully it should be enough RAM for what you want to do then.

- Jay

Last edited by JayO; 01/29/18 01:50 PM.

MacPro 5,1/12 core@3.46GHz -- OS X 10.14.6 -- ATI 7970 -- 32 Gig RAM -- Crucial 500GB OS SSD -- Samsung EVO 1TB Audio/Sample SSD -- BIAB 2023 -- Logic Pro X -- Cubase Elements 11 -- Too many plugins