Go To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: WendyM
Originally Posted By: musiclover
Wendy,

Technophile I am not, I like the simple and easy way out. You just load the Vacuum pro as a plugin in one of your biab midi tracks pick a sound in it and it can really transform the sound of your song.

You can mess around with the controls on the synth if you want, but no need to, it just plays out of the box. Loads of different sounds with it too....so easy

I Love realtracks too they sound great, but maybe to think that they the realtracks are playing with feeling for your song, might not be strictly right, the players just recorded the audio (and it sounds great) but they have no idea whatsoever what song you are going to use the samples with.

I guess its a case of what works for you.

Is it ’K I S S'?? It has to be for me.Are you saying I install it and any yellow midi instruments will sound much better than Forte DXi and MSTs and Supertracks will run automatically through it?
Wendy

Wendy,

It's as simple as this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVRtQz8nqvY

Also, I'm not sure why you felt it was OK to be so rude in your previous post. You got a lot of excellent advice, replete with screenshots and detailed explanations. You then opted to go on about how those same folk, who were so kind and helpful to you, were (and I praphrase) "Technophiles faffing around trying to show how clever they are," and then profess a personal unwillingness to put any effort into learning a little about the subject.

That's on you.

No one here was born knowing a [*****] thing about MIDI, and we all started life in the same state of ignorance as yourself. Perhaps a bit of introspection may be in order?

Band-in-a-Box 2024. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Apprentice
Apprentice
Oh Deacon,Music Lover and everyone else who I offended-it wasnt my intention.If I have or if it seems "rude" then please,my sincere and I do mean sincere apologies. I was so wound up by not geting my BB to work as I think it should and the explanantions seeming to be so-er-Techy,that I kind of lost it.Im a nice person really and maybe some of the writen stuff comes across as arsey when its meant to be a bit (bit??) humorous.
I love you all and I am SO grateful for all the advice that I get.And I put it into operation so its never waisted.I AM going to try this midi thing.For £1 whats to lose?
Mind you-if it crashes my BB,I'll be back at ya like a Flash! mad mad sick
Wendy-humble pie eaten. whistle

BiaB2022PLUS,927. every extras pack I can find ;-),Sonar7XL,Win 10
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: WendyM
Oh Deacon,Music Lover and everyone else who I offended-it wasnt my intention.If I have or if it seems "rude" then please,my sincere and I do mean sincere apologies. I was so wound up by not geting my BB to work as I think it should and the explanantions seeming to be so-er-Techy,that I kind of lost it.Im a nice person really and maybe some of the writen stuff comes across as arsey when its meant to be a bit (bit??) humorous.
I love you all and I am SO grateful for all the advice that I get.And I put it into operation so its never waisted.I AM going to try this midi thing.For £1 whats to lose?
Mind you-if it crashes my BB,I'll be back at ya like a Flash! mad mad sick
Wendy-humble pie eaten. whistle

Awwww. we love you too :-)

So now that you're being nice, how about you check out my latest post in the Tips and Tricks section as I kind of had serious newbies like you in mind when developing this concept. :-)

For real, though, long after I first purchased the program, but before I started hanging out here in the forums, I had no idea how MIDI even worked, and could not understand for the life of me why BiaB users, who can take advantage of all these realtracks, would even consider using MIDI. Well now I finally get it, and it's pretty darn cool XD

Band-in-a-Box 2024. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
<<< Let’s say I went into the studio and recorded a trumpet solo in 4/4. My employer edits that to take out every fourth beat because he or she decided to change the song to 3/4. Will it work? Maybe, but some measures definitely won’t and will require tweaking. Now let’s consider a comping piano or guitar. What are the odds that truncating what they played will sound good? Even lower. I think it’s remarkable that this works at all - musically - in BIAB. Now, if I had gone into the studio knowing that my playing might get chopped up like this, I suppose I could play differently, but it would severely hamper me to play well. >>>

Matt's statement above is the very essence of thinking how BIAB RealTracks operate in my view. Imagine BIAB tracks being Played by a live studio musician in your studio, on your project. After your session player is gone, you can do anything with a BIAB RealTrack that you can do with hiring or otherwise having a 'live' musician, other than yourself, participate in your recording project. But, you also have the same limitations with the circumstance the recorded audio you have, regardless of the quantity of that audio recorded for your project, is what you have to work with. It is what it is. Just as Matt mentions above, if it wasn't recorded, while there may be limited leeway in manipulating that audio to do something originally not thought of, or intended, it is a brick wall limit.

For me, there are three principle reasons and benefits to using RealTracks in a studio, whether home or commercial, hobby or professional. First, it provides an instrument one cannot play, or can't afford to hire or conveniently get into the studio on short notice if facing a deadline.

Second, someone may play a particular instrument but are not as proficiently as a RealTrack session audio can produce for your recording.

Third, one may be proficient musically to play an instrument themself but it is inconvenient to do so. Examples would be an acoustic piano that's badly out of tune and no access to one that's in tune. Setting up and multiple mic the drums and then having to tear down the drum kit or not having a permanent, studio setup and having to take time to get a guitar and amp from a storage area, setup, tune and afterwards return it all to the storage area. All for an 8 bar guitar solo. It may not be worth that effort.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
To me expecting to get superior synth sound from RTs is just plain silly and not at all understanding of what a synth is. It is a sound set fired by a midi based keyboard or a softsynth in inside a DAW. To even make an RT synth requires midi to start with. You fire a synth engine with a midi keyboard and then record it to audio in the DAW.

Expecting to just use RTs for every song one makes is not realistic either.

Many songs can be all RTs, but some songs require midi or live instruments.

Imagine how many covers one can do without midi. Some but not all. Sure you can get versions of covers but to really nail a cover requires either live musicians or midi tracks.

Just a few thought from someone who has been messing with this stuff since the late 80s

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: RobH
To me expecting to get superior synth sound from RTs is just plain silly and not at all understanding of what a synth is.

Sideliner: A good rock guitar playing (pro) friend, wellknown but will be unnamed here, calls synths 'doorbells'. Some are really nice doorbells, but you press a button, and riiiing, still a doorbell.

R
Veteran
Veteran
R
That’s nice but I believe really top notch keyboard players would disagree.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Journeyman
Journeyman
Wendy, you may know this already. If so, my apologies. A lot of modern recording is comping: cutting and pasting until you get what you want. That's the way I used RT's on one of my songs.

But sometimes that doesn't work and you need a different tool. For instance, not all Real Drums play pushes.

Right now, I am working on a project with a recording engineer. He is cool with me bringing him tracks I have done at home but he wants the drums separated so he can work on them in the mix. I can't get that with RD's so I use midi and a VST. Then I can separate the parts and he can use them the way he wants.

The point is that these are tools and we try to pick the best one for the task. Good for you for being willing to try. It can be frustrating but it is worth it.

2b

i5-3210 laptop. Win 10 Home. 2.5ghz, 64 bit. 6gb RAM. Focusrite Scarlet 2i2.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,025
Posts740,470
Members38,662
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
JoKingly, robertodarif, Software Shop, ielts, Altruego
38,662 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)