Originally Posted By: KGU 2
Can anyone please describe the roadmap for REAL BAND?

I like Biab to generate tracks, change instruments,
add lyrics, and make changes. Also to import midi.
also export video.

However biab doesnt do enough with midi, in my opinion.

Hence I got to RB. Working in real band was a disappointment: It didn't import or transfer lyrics from Biab. It didn't import/ transfer markers. So already I
cant see using it.

So how could it be useful?

Doesn't seem to have the 24/94 sound engine quality of my
daw as well.

Yes it separates midi, but my impulse is to get out of it asap.

What is it's roadmap?

Instead can more midi tools be put in biab?

thanks

I suggest your roadmap for RB would be to reverse your workflow and start your project with RB. You can create your chord chart, part markers, select the style, tempo, and key signature and do your midi work first. Save the RB project as a midi file.

The midi file will instantly open in BIAB with the correct key signature, tempo part markers and your chord progression populating the Chord chart. At this point, you are ready to use Biab to generate tracks,change instruments,add lyrics, and make any additional changes you wish. Also you're ready to import more midi and export video.

Since your midi is in place in RB in the saved project, you have several choices for either generating midi tracks or rendering midi tracks to audio and importing that audio.

BIAB is capable of creating very complex songs that contain dozens of instruments as well as dozens of tracks so your project should proceed just as smoothly, if not smoother than had you started the project in BIAB and migrated to RB or another DAW.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.