As I said earlier, I decided I was going to try again today. Glad I did.

First thing I did was try to use SampleTank 2 (included with BB/RB). There is only one drum kit under HiQ. The drums sounded better than Coyote.

Then I tried uninstalling Jamstix and downloading it again. The free version says the plugin will be installed under Program Files\Steinberg\Plugins. Don't believe it. After two tries, they aren't there. There is a data file with an RZD extension called Sounds. I copied that to Plugins, even though I didn't think it would work. No luck. I copied the Manager file. No luck.

Then I downloaded Power Drums that Jim Fogle suggested. Eureka! It downloads quickly. It tells you exactly what to copy to the Plugins file. The drums sound wonderful. It comes with a mixer that allows you to control the volume of individual drums and cymbals. Compression can be switched on or off of each instrument. Master volume can be changed. It comes with a drum composer that has loops. You can build a drum track and then move it to the DAW. For us geezers who grew up with TR707's, that concept is very familiar. And the whole thing is free. They ask for a donation and I am going to make one, but they don't limit the program and there is no expiration date.

I am going to try editing my drum track and seeing how Power Drums reacts, but I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work. Even if it doesn't, I can always edit with Coyote and then switch.

I don't know how much it would cost PG, but they may want to consider putting Power Drums in one of their bundles. They could charge something for it and it would save us all a lot of trouble.

Finally, I can't thank you folks on the Forum enough, especially Jim for turning me on to this. If you were here, I'd have to hug you.

2b

i5-3210 laptop. Win 10 Home. 2.5ghz, 64 bit. 6gb RAM. Focusrite Scarlet 2i2.